Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

"You'd better have a warrant or a death wish" is a banger of a line
I'm hoping that if there's any strings attached to this, it's precisely that there are no strings attached to this and any strife comes from Pasqualo having to learn how to cope with an environment in which her guardian isn't filled with arbitrary and despicable hatred towards her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Huh, I guess Pasq is innocent then.
Speculation:
Well, we do know a person, who is really good at handling A cool Big-rear end Sword. And she works for a person with nefarious motives.

Gob, I just reminded myself how awesome that page and especially the one before that was. Really good job there!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 18, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reassuring to see Bill tell it like it is

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Reassuring to see Bill tell it like it is

Honestly, this is probably way better than if he told her "No I can't believe a nice girl like you would do such a monstrous thing. We will find the demon who committed such a heinous act and ostracize them from society."
If it was about motive, Pasqs inner selfdoubt would totally place her at fault anyway, making her all the more depressed about it. But rationally explaining that she would not have been able to do it, regardless of intentions and state of mind, treasure her that it's not her fault.

He's truly his daughters father.

Now I wonder if he realised that Katie made some positive developments too.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pasqualo singing along to Jimmy Buffett while Bill dispassionately describes her father's mutilated corpse is why I come to this comic.

Still thinking about Blackout. I wonder how much of P's mad spree of prophesy and heroism will have consequences later? The Sermon of the Burning Trash Can still inspires me, I know that much. That frame, plus the one with MacDoonald's, in both of them she almost poses like Baphomet. A divine desecration treading the wastes.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Drakyn posted:

I'm hoping that if there's any strings attached to this, it's precisely that there are no strings attached to this and any strife comes from Pasqualo having to learn how to cope with an environment in which her guardian isn't filled with arbitrary and despicable hatred towards her.

Her little face in today's update :( she doesn't know how to deal with a parent being nice to her.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god Pasq :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Enjoying Katie's quiet amazement at Pasq skeletonizing that chicken like a Looney Tune.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think that was amazement. Horror, possibly

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Foster kid earnestly puzzled she isn't being abused, has trouble adjusting. I'm not sure how I feel about all these wild escapist fantasies in PFM!!!!

Love the "bald with overalls" look. She looks like a Rugrat.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
bill must have very mixed feelings about how terrible a father his friend was.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe it was the black eagle killed Pasq's dad. A mercy to save him the horror of what is yet to come.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't really like Pasqs current hairstyle. She sbould go back to the pink one.

At least she doesn't look like she's a breath away from death anymore. Sleeping for a few days straight can do wonders for your body and soul.
She's definitively more her usual bipolar but friendly self again. And she stopped drinking gross green stuff.

I don't really get attached to fictional characters, but Pasquallo is precious.
I adore that girl and I want her to feel loved and happy!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 22, 2022

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
god, If i wasn't struggling to feed myself until my new job starts, I'd get that last panel of Pasq on the bouncy ride as an avatar.

edit: whoever bought me this AV, you made my day!

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 23, 2022

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Filthy Haiku posted:

god, If i wasn't struggling to feed myself until my new job starts, I'd get that last panel of Pasq on the bouncy ride as an avatar.

edit: whoever bought me this AV, you made my day!

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
One time in high school, a guy I knew started doing meth. He went on a binge and vanished for like four days and then showed up one morning at a friend's house, where he ducked into the guy's bathroom and came out 40 minutes later with a completely shaved head. He could not tell us most of where he had been or what he had done, but there were flashes he could remember of being in a house party with a bunch of strangers and then running through the desert because he was certain he had stabbed someone and had to get away. The head shaving was part of a plan(?) to disguise himself in case the cops were after him.

No one had been stabbed according to the news, or at least not lethally, and he could remember no details and wasn't sure anything had happened, so we decided he was just being a crazy rear end in a top hat. Then his dad sent him to go stay in the middle of nowhere for a couple months and he came back clean and sober. I hear he's doing well.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 23, 2022

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Glad that Pasq is over her Methy Dew sugar rush

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I forget where I heard this, but I understand spring riders to be a danger to children and dumbasses.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Honestly, that move would be kinda hard to pull off. You'd place your hands on that and pull them backwards in order to bring your body forwards, but instead that stupid spring just movss backwards, making you lose all momentum. Failing that is like being unable to pull of a 900 on a skateboard.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
This big risk wasn't face-planting, it was getting hands and feet caught in the spring.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trianglini kills her father, Tehrani kills his daughter. Ouroboros...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mr. trianglini hasn't told pasqualo how much he hates her even once. i don't think he's dad material!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
katie has begged her father to stop showing the Gland Chart to every guest that comes over but it's just in one ear and out the other with this guy

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy how Bill's emotionless intellectualizing keeps being the one thing P needs to hear. It's also sort of heartwarming that, since we've seen Bill won't even sugarcoat her father's murder, he probably wouldn't tell Pas she's a smart kid if he didn't believe it.

And I just realized how much Katie takes after him. Also interesting, she makes friends with Pasqualo by accidentally saying what she's thinking for once. I guess she was supressing her power level because she knows her dad is insufferable to sane people. Or just, that's what you get when gender expectations are laid on top of the giant vat of acid that is the Tehrani prefrontal cortex.

If Bill gets murdered, I'm changing my bet to Maggie as the killer. She escaped from jail and now she's on a quest to kill all dads.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
gob please stop making relatable comics they hurt

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

gob please stop making relatable comics they hurt

Yeah, I actually met a clingy weirdo like that, once.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Oh a new one. NM.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:frogsiren: NEW IT HURTS ALLY AND PASQ ALERT :frogsiren:

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1553074822292258816?s=21

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Took forever but I'm finally caught back up. Loving the Pasq/Bill dynamic. Very wholesome.

Also holy poo poo was that blackout sequence good.

I miss them so much. I really need to reread IH at some point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Katie's the best sister.

But of course I'd say that about anyone who has Crazy Taxi

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

readingatwork posted:

Took forever but I'm finally caught back up. Loving the Pasq/Bill dynamic. Very wholesome.

Also holy poo poo was that blackout sequence good.

I miss them so much. I really need to reread IH at some point.

If you want to reread it at a measured rate, inside of a thread, it's being posted in the webcomics thread in CCCC. We just passed "Pow. Gangsta poo poo."
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822798&userid=117436&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post523956202

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lNa98ht38uM

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Katie is an amazing sister :unsmith:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i wish i had katie as a big sister ngl

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Katie using the S-Word is cute.

You know who else used a sword? The killer!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 10, 2022

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So this is permanent? Oh hell yeah, I was worried Tehrani was just a temporary guardian until P's grandma showed up with custody papers. Though if they both agree that they're sisters then that's what they are, so I guess they can be family regardless.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Those pancakes look a little more than "slightly" burned, Katie

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Pasqualo you can't solve all your problems by defenestration

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least