Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
that's 159 words and 979 characters to spell "big sore loser energy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yah a lot of guys in china hike their shirts up like this when it gets hot outside

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

classic beijing bikinis. yup most people don't know but much of china has extremely poo poo weather. like beijing is extremely cold during winter and extremely hot and humid during summer. there's about 4 weeks of good weather a year.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

fart simpson posted:

yah a lot of guys in china hike their shirts up like this when it gets hot outside

I am not chinese and I do it when it gets hot outside.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

30.5 Days posted:

I don't know anything about laos, but isn't intentional inflation a pretty common tactic for dealing with sovereign debt you can't afford?

this works if you're inflating your way out of debt owed in your currency but it's extremely likely that laos owes its external debt in USD or euro or yuan, in which case inflation doesn't help.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tankbuster posted:

I am not chinese and I do it when it gets hot outside.

:same:

it's pretty common here

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
also you can use the shirt as a makeshift fan to cool your gut.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one thing you don't see anymore in the US is guys walking around without a shirt on when its hot out. a true sign of imperial decline. you used to see it!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1549773619995164672

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

one thing you don't see anymore in the US is guys walking around without a shirt on when its hot out. a true sign of imperial decline. you used to see it!

the only time i see it is runners

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1549686681841942530

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

I see this all the time.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh ill bet you do

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

its cause youre a city slicker

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
we used to play touch football shirts and skins. but now we plan shirts and other shirts and it's confusing and unpleasant

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

lobster shirt posted:

only Americans in really good shape will do this. All other Americans are aware of how fat they are and we're all stewing in shame over it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So Putin said he is going to attend G20 summit in Nov in Indonesia.

I am not sure if Biden will go if he lose big in the midterm election. Lets hope He will go and Zelenskyy is invited for maximize drama.

I made this chart a few days ago and decided to add the G7 and Brics badges. I thought Japan and Korea were invited to join G7 but no, they were just invited speak in 1 meeting. Brics on the other hand, is adding Iran and Argentina for real soon. The other 3 countries are in later batch I guess.

You guys want to come up with a new name for Brics? I like GS7 (Global South) but China and Russia are not realllly GS. Maybe just call Growing 7 to troll.

As you can see in the chart, there is almost no space for playing both sides, you are either on team a or team b.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Jul 20, 2022

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ancient chinese masculinity was more toward the wrestler-type body ("the general's stomach") than the ancient greek and roman type, so this is what peak performance looks like and symbolizes their power and ability to rule, while also being able to forgive failure from others while tolerating and laughing away criticism

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Jul 20, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea China's been on the dadbod poo poo since the dawn of the empire. If you were a kinda portly but still mostly fit dude you had a bod that was both 'I've got money and power to just sit around and eat my many foods' and 'but also I'm not a complete lazy slob you can just roll out the door and take my poo poo'.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Why do japanese people always make fun of fat people so loving hard?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Casey Finnigan posted:

real answer: because of a blend of western beauty standards pushing in for a good few generations and general classism like you see anywhere else where being fat is a moral/discipline failing only someone stupid and poor would do.

funny answer: jealous of Chinese dadbod chad emperors.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are the videos of the Chinese military surrounding banks to protect them from protestors new or old? Fake or real?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/BattlementLK/status/1549015749934649346?t=WIZZpPSYfBrs8W_Z4K54Fg&s=19
https://twitter.com/BattlementLK/status/1549015757656301568?t=NbHgZVCLHOB2LIGquPEfQA&s=19

Interesting thread showing USAID involvement with media organisations covering the Sri Lanka protests.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

yea China's been on the dadbod poo poo since the dawn of the empire. If you were a kinda portly but still mostly fit dude you had a bod that was both 'I've got money and power to just sit around and eat my many foods' and 'but also I'm not a complete lazy slob you can just roll out the door and take my poo poo'.
yeah the dadbod dude has a big gently caress-off bladed weapon in that one illustration so he can still wreck you. combine that with an even / balanced facial expression and you're all set. the western standard is more like chiseled abs and arnold schwarzenegger in the 80s

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

Much less normal to be fat over there :shrug:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

in the era of melee weapons being strongfat was a pretty big advantage over someone smaller, you could just overpower them and put them on or in the ground pretty easily. and a more restricted diet + lack of nutrition/exercise knowledge made it much harder to get strong without also getting fat. you were either large and powerful or thin and sickly, the two genders

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
imagine if we could go back in time and teach Lenin and Mao about ketosis and mushroom brain tea….

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

ancient chinese masculinity was more toward the wrestler-type body ("the general's stomach") than the ancient greek and roman type, so this is what peak performance looks like and symbolizes their power and ability to rule, while also being able to forgive failure from others while tolerating and laughing away criticism

drat more like romance of the three big macs amirite

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

This also happens in China. Most people are still relatively skinny compared to the west and everyone loves to rip on overweight people, but in a nice way.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Buck Wildman posted:

drat more like romance of the three big macs amirite

fun stuff: liu bei claims to be a distant descendant of an imperial prince that sired over 100+ children by himself on record

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bu Chungus

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1549789317593452545?t=1okVrMSlbwFdxFCd_OgZZg&s=19

I think the ambulance crashed trying to skip around a cow.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the chinese beauty standard for men is now like this

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Wow that sure is a video of people dying horribly.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
that's old

the new fad is to go full-on gothic lolita in public

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Antonymous posted:

showing these to alt right retvrn guys to convince them we have nothing to fear from china

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Antonymous posted:

what's that guy in the middle know that we don't

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dont post poo poo like this itt

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010