Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vintersorg posted:

This one hurts. :( I really wanted to see more.

Wait, poo poo, this is an old article from April and they haven't announced anything so it seems like it might continue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arist posted:

Wait, poo poo, this is an old article from April and they haven't announced anything so it seems like it might continue?

S4 is the last so they have to wrap up a ton.

https://www.slashfilm.com/917780/why-snowpiercer-is-coming-to-an-end-in-season-4/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ah, okay, hadn't heard this.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The most shocking part of the announcement that they are cancelling all scripted content is that American Dad has been making new episodes uninterrupted for nearly two decades.

They also have a contract until 2023, so they have at least another year.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The most shocking part of the announcement that they are cancelling all scripted content is that American Dad has been making new episodes uninterrupted for nearly two decades.

They also have a contract until 2023, so they have at least another year.

It's a good show! I'm just as surprised as you!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Arist posted:

It's a good show! I'm just as surprised as you!

I've also heard it actually is still good. It's just crazy that it has been making episodes for almost two decades straight.

There are going to be at least 359 episodes, which would make it one of the longest running animated series in history. It's wild.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can confirm it’s still good

I would be surprised if it survives past 2023 though unless another network takes it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even having a contract doesn't necessarily save it because TBS recently cancelled a show that had already filmed its episodes for the season. They announced hours before it was going to air that they weren't going to show it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

muscles like this! posted:

Even having a contract doesn't necessarily save it because TBS recently cancelled a show that had already filmed its episodes for the season. They announced hours before it was going to air that they weren't going to show it.

Hours before it was supposed to air? Cold blooded.

If you already paid for the show and the episodes are done, why bother trashing all of it? It's not like TBS has 24 hours of uninterruptable broadcast gold that pays for more than a free show could ever generate.

What show was it?

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hours before it was supposed to air? Cold blooded.

If you already paid for the show and the episodes are done, why bother trashing all of it? It's not like TBS has 24 hours of uninterruptable broadcast gold that pays for more than a free show could ever generate.

What show was it?
Looks like it was the second season of Chad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A sitcom called Chad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
and yet

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1549818265924280320?t=dyEpo0n5P7nYm1EWXZGkpg&s=19

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a video game so they can vertical market it or something.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MK was apparently one of the biggest HBOMax streaming titles last year and WB owns the IP.

I don't know if that streaming success translates into box office money, but I guess that is what they are gambling on.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ah yes, the MK movie with no Mortal Kombat Tournament

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

Some of the decisions in that movie were really baffling.

I will admit to being one of the people who streamed it and helped lead WB to this decision, but I have no idea why they decided to have no tournament and to weirdly tease a bunch of palace intrigue in Outworld despite Outworld only being shown for about 15 seconds.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Also instead of Johnny Cage it’s some new character? For some reason?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also added in that weird thing about how you have to have a special mark to be in the tournament which is not part of MK lore.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also instead of Johnny Cage it’s some new character? For some reason?

And Scorpion has a really great opening scene and then they excise him from the rest of the movie until they cameo him at the end.

Or the entire second act being a journey through the desert and extended training montage.

Or why they pre-killed several main characters from the games offscreen.

Or why the first act was primarily about how to get a tattoo and the retcon that the tattoo is what gives you magic powers.

It was like they were intentionally keeping their powder dry to save the good stuff, but then forgot to actually pay any of it off.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

Have to watch the sequel for that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Movie owned

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Madkal posted:

Have to watch the sequel for that.
It’s really the peak of hubris for them to assume it would be getting one

If not for steaming and Covid, it probably bombs in the theater

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The first 12 minutes or so were legitimately really good.

The rest was just very uneven (disregarding the creative decisions) with some pacing issues in the second act.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Well yeah. We already knew that though.

We know now but what I mean it was apparently not in the cards at all (insofar as you wanted to put any hope into fancasting...)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

We know now but what I mean it was apparently not in the cards at all (insofar as you wanted to put any hope into fancasting...)

Well the role has already been cast so we knew regardless.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok anyway, I'm hoping this appearance of Superman is a solo film. I don't know if it's been too long for them to just pick up where they left off or if it'll establish a new status quo after a lot of time has passed. The Flash movie could potentially change a lot and Black Adam is set to introduce a handful of new heroes in addition to the Marvel family.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope Superman keeps killing people like he does in the comics

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rumors have been saying that he's in the Black Adam stinger but I don't know, I'll believe it when I see it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lobok posted:

Ok anyway, I'm hoping this appearance of Superman is a solo film. I don't know if it's been too long for them to just pick up where they left off or if it'll establish a new status quo after a lot of time has passed. The Flash movie could potentially change a lot and Black Adam is set to introduce a handful of new heroes in addition to the Marvel family.
Yes and who the hell knows what they're going to do with that Flash movie now

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really could not care less about another Cavill Superman movie unless they pull a Battinson and make it a quasi-Elseworlds where he has a totally different personality.

He’s just been played so loving dour and joyless for the last decade. I want an All-Star Superman crossed with Reeves, not some murdermonster everyone treats like a Greek god.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe the part where breaks another hero’s arm while whistling?

Or when he freezes some prisoners so they die to Parasite?

:confuoot:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You know exactly what I mean.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just poking fun, hehe. I could see Cavill playing that - he’s big enough to match the comics.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Oh gently caress offfffffff,the last one was the worst movie i’ve ever seen i’m not even exaggerating.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You have absolutely not seen enough movies for that to be the case

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mortal Kombat was so bad. Give me the original any day.

It's also funny that when you realize they have like 4 sets total in the movie. And they reuse Sonya's house for OC Donut Steel's house.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Codependent Poster posted:

Mortal Kombat was so bad. Give me the original any day.

It's also funny that when you realize they have like 4 sets total in the movie. And they reuse Sonya's house for OC Donut Steel's house.

gently caress. That’s legit when I knew it wasn’t gonna get better.

At least they had Kabal do his spin move? Such wasted potential.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah it was fine, but I had literally just watched all those cutscenes that were posted in the forum and those made a better movie.

I'm excited to see Cavil play Superman divorced of Snyder. The man has charisma for days if he's given a script that'll use it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Comic Con slate for Marvel Studios but the article mentions a project seemingly titled "The Mutants" and they're probably sandbagging the reveal for D23.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-con-2022-schedule-what-to-expect-marvel-the-rock-teen-wolf-1235072894/

quote:

Marvel shouldn’t disappoint with sneak peeks of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and the upcoming She-Hulk: Attorney at Law for Disney+. But it’s not expected to shower Hall H with an embarrassment of riches like it did in 2019; some sources believe Marvel is saving it all up for Disney’s fan convention D23 during the second weekend of September, specifically in regards to new projects. There’s still stuff we haven’t seen, specifically the Fantastic Four reboot, Mahershala Ali in The Blade, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (due May 5), The Marvels (July 28, 2023) and The Mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Blockhouse posted:

Mortal Kombat

The ninth gate

Stop or my mom will shoot

Black panther