Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Isn't Geno's the one that had the "This is America - when ordering, please 'speak English'" sign? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't Geno's the one that had the "This is America - when ordering, please 'speak English'" sign? :thunk:

yes, south philly is full of chuds. Only the northeast, where republicans can still win elections, has a higher concentration of them

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Horseshoe theory posted:

I don't remember an English Only sign but I do remember a bunch of pictures of cops hanging up on the side. But honestly I've never looked too closely.

Shazam! takes place in Philly and the cops at the beginning of the movie have food from Geno's so it checks out :hmmyes:

E: South Philly does have a lot of chuds but IMO that's more true south of Snyder Ave, or along 2nd Street where all of the Mummers live, both of which are a bit of a hike from the cheesesteak zone.

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 13:10 on Jul 17, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:yeshaha:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Horseshoe theory posted:

the verbiage "please" does not appear on the sign Politifact gives this post 4 Pinocchios

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

C-Euro posted:

I don't remember an English Only sign but I do remember a bunch of pictures of cops hanging up on the side. But honestly I've never looked too closely.

Shazam! takes place in Philly and the cops at the beginning of the movie have food from Geno's so it checks out :hmmyes:

E: South Philly does have a lot of chuds but IMO that's more true south of Snyder Ave, or along 2nd Street where all of the Mummers live, both of which are a bit of a hike from the cheesesteak zone.

i love explaining the concept of Mummers to anyone not from Philly

"so it's these guys that on new years day put on these flamboyant colorfull costumes and dance around in a parade"

"so is it that like a gay pride thing?"

"no they're mostly chuds"

"are they theater nerds?"

"no...a lot of cops, blue collar union dudes"

"ummmm ok"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

um, wrong. I can’t believe I’m not being directed to see fetterman’s plan to provide working class pennsylvanians with means tested low interest rate tax return advances for public private partnership job retraining programs at johnfettermanforpa.com/platform/employment/index-3.php

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1549127130453270528?s=20&t=yXhfjVvAPUd7_lC-sq-MtQ

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a rare campaign misstep from herman munster

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

If ukraine was good enough to be invaded by orcs then so is the senate of the united states. I support fetterman and his war plan.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1549044467889364992

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

If he’s done his military service he can probably shoot much better than the vast majority of gun owners. Probably a better shot than John Fetterman, and no record of pointing it at minorities!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

If he’s done his military service he can probably shoot much better than the vast majority of gun owners. Probably a better shot than John Fetterman, and no record of pointing it at minorities!

he served in the Turkish army; that should count as a record of pointing guns at minorities

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

he served in the Turkish army; that should count as a record of pointing guns at minorities

it’s unlikely he would have as a college-grad officer in the early 80s. some marksmanship and a whole lot of taking apart, cleaning, and reassembling his weapon is most likely. fucker probably never went off the base

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh interesting, he served during the junta?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Erdogan trained him personally to take out Gulen

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Erdogan trained him personally to take out Gulen

hmm wait a second...

"Since 1999, Gülen has lived in self-exile in the United States near Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania."

I wonder what Oz's MKULTRA kill code word is

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Doc Oz dressed up like Elmer Fudd and infiltrating the secret lair of the traitor Gulen like he's Solid Snake.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

be vewwy, vewwy quiet, i'm hunting wahhabists

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't care if that doesn't make sense, the pun fit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Seems like Fetterman is doing alright in the polls but there hasn't been one in a month. I know he seems to have done well at sticking "NJ phony" to Oz, but is there any evidence it's working with the PA voters or is my social feed just curated that I only see the sick burns?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's 60/40 on the betting sites so they think it's a close race but outside the margin of error for fatt. i'd say if the race were today he'd win 53-47, somewhat comfortably

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i say swears online posted:

he's 60/40 on the betting sites so they think it's a close race but outside the margin of error for fatt. i'd say if the race were today he'd win 53-47, somewhat comfortably

fetterman would also be somewhat comfortable wearing 53x47s

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

heyoo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

fetterman would also be somewhat comfortable wearing 53x47s

:drat:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like Fetterman is doing alright in the polls but there hasn't been one in a month. I know he seems to have done well at sticking "NJ phony" to Oz, but is there any evidence it's working with the PA voters or is my social feed just curated that I only see the sick burns?

Eastern Pennsylvanians loving hate New Jersey beyond all reasonability so that angle of attack is his best chance.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/1549793747877109769?t=FLDsrBo6dcH00QiOH9a_Ng&s=19

Going after Biden voters. Solid strategy.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Slur two words? which ones?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

if John Fetterman falls down while picking up someone else's dropped Stromboli, I'll forgive him for everything

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
despite the fact that national democrats have done everything possible to make them as unappealing as possible, i do think Fetterman and Shapiro are in good shape.

So Josh Shapiro can spend the next 4 years doing gently caress all except vetoing the worst chud poo poo to come out of legislature.

Sucks for the rest of the country though...don't worry you can all come to Philly to get abortions

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He's more on brand with Pennsylvania voters than ever before

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

maybe he should have been ready to run years ago to avoid the stroke

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOz/status/1788092340

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao