Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

is that like weird twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

infernal machines posted:

i appreciate the way the inevitable outcome of anyone saying "i did my own research" is them making the stupidest loving decision possible.

it's weird how that happens
if the past few years has taught us anything, and i'm not necessarily saying it has, it's that saying "i did my own research" on anything is an absolutely brutal chaos dunk on yourself

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

best translation is probably “I didn’t like the current consensus on reality so I found some creep who says the things I want to hear”

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

whenever i'm doing my own research on something it involves about two weeks of havering and roughly 19,000 open brower tabs before just saying gently caress it and picking a random one in a colour i like

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"i sifted through reddit and youtube until i found someone confirming all my priors"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

"has done their own research" is probably a very good predictor of "has ever written a manifesto"

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

I... feel bad for that one. And a few of the others.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
i am bitcoin incarnate

i have zero pity for these faithless fools who chose to place me on voyager rather than hodl me directly

they deserve to lose every last penny

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Doom Mathematic posted:

Agreed, the "dear judge I swear I'll win this time, coins are gonna go to the moon" ones are way better than the ones where I'd bet some jackass probably convinced a desperate person to go all in on their Ponzi

Like the charities that lost it all with Madoff vs the Wilpons

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Erenthal posted:

oh my god each and every one of these letters is like a delicious piece of candy melting in my mouth, i can't stop reading
I know right? You feel sorry for some of them, but most have a single sentence that turns off any pity and makes me go "nope eat poo poo lol".

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Doom Mathematic posted:

im a sicko

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
executives who signed off on the unbelievably incompetent company destroying loan loan pulling in seven and a half figgies for quarters while customers twist in the wind is pretty poo poo tho

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
at least once i want to try saying "i did my own research" to someone and when they start rolling their eyes i pull out a stack of scientific papers i annotated and other references just to see their reaction

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I did my own research *dumps print outs of a decades worth of something awful threads, the bitcoin white paper, the attack of the 50 foot blockchain by david :gerard:, and the galt speech in 100 point font on the table*

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

i did my own research *slams several terabytes of butt jpgs on the table*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
oh yeah, tesla selling their bitcoins at a loss and still holding a chunk means that tesla is officially a bagholder in the crypto world. some other people have made off with a few hundred million of elon's money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The_Franz posted:

looooooooool

oh ho ho, how the tables have turned :smug:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

buttcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hey mr. so called "judge", maybe you should try to judge what it says right there on the website dumbass :smug:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

SubG posted:

i did my own research *slams several terabytes of butt jpgs on the table*

you, uh, you need that peer reviewed?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

i've already peered at it

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The_Franz posted:

looooooooool

perfect lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sir! if, as you say, that man had no authority to sell me the brooklyn bridge, why do I now hold the deed??

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
that docket is the intersection of Facebook posts and sovcit nuisance filings

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
digital gold fringe

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1549888768500449280

amazing

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

This is top quality. Just, incredible.

tima
Mar 1, 2001

No longer a newbie

This is like the dumbest heist movie ever.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol, he gave the money back too

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

please give me my 100 coins back, here, I'll give you back the 1.9 you sent me.........hello?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1549896775376445440

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Boxturret posted:

please give me my 100 coins back, here, I'll give you back the 1.9 you sent me.........hello?

I sent you my coins please respond

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

offset the carbon...into the atmosphere

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

decentralized carbon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The_Franz posted:

looooooooool

checkmate Voyailures!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

voyager the company is like voyager the tv show if voyager the tv show was just repeats of that one episode where they drive their space ship too fast and that turns everyone into lizards who then gently caress each other

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

lol, he gave the money back too

it's like the train rooftop penny shootout chase except you're throwing a bag of money in hopes they'll return your suitcase of money and they don't

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

can't wait for Luna 3.0 so I can lose everything a third time hit it big and look down on all the poors

i've learned my lesson from luna 1. when luna 3 comes out i will simply sell before it crashes.

what about luna 2? that was just bad luck, one in a million.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hahaha jokes over, but if you give me back my money I'll give you a finder's fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

lmao

just outstanding markery