Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Bi? Oh, Shock!

(Goddamn it, this is my worst "top of page" post ever!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
now we're getting somewhere

bye, aw shucks

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Buy-n-Shuck, the corn farm management sim

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Augus posted:

Yes there is plenty of depth on Astral Chain, just like there is a ton of depth in Bayonetta. But it can also be a “just vibe an push buttons” game if you want it to be, just like Bayonetta.

All I’m saying is that Normal mode in Bayonetta is probably more demanding than Normal in Astral Chain. Especially if you try to do some of the Alfheims.

I just don't think suggesting astral chain after Bayonetta is the thing, simply because of all the extra. Bayonetta you're constantly able to move and you don't really have to sit and learn things, chain is sitting there learning or you're going to just flail about and it doesn't look cool. Like the main character's actual attacks are pretty weak and ineffectual on their own. Bayo still looks cool and fun even when you don't know what you're doing.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I know the switch gets a lot of bad ports from two generations ago but we’re getting the same bad jokes too

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

there’s nothing you can say that’s funnier than the experience of playing bioshock infinite

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

KingSlime posted:

Just finished mopping up Bioshock 1 and 2, and man they are still incredible games today! Both of them do kind of fall off at the end since you're kind of overpowered and you're no longer motivated to get ADAM or explore, and this was in hard mode with no Vita chambers on. I could imagine normal mode, standard options the difficulty just becomes meaningless barely halfway through. Also, the last bosses in both games feel lazy and uninspired but really minor flaws in otherwise incredible experiences

Still, for the most part both games are excellent, with Bioshock 1 having better world building/ plot and BioShock 2 rocking superior polished
gameplay.

I'm really excited though, because as a huge bioshock plan I've never actually played Minerva's Den. Just the idea of having completely new unplayed bioshock 2 content is the coolest drat thing in the world especially because I've heard it's the best part of BioShock 2

From a video game point of view I would say I prefer 2 significantly more

E: My favorite thing about replaying these games was blasting my enemies with clouds of angry bees, what a loving bad rear end plasmid. It is always a mainstay in my loadout even if there are other more optimal plasmids

Minerva’s Den is good, I’m excited for you to experience it for the first time.

Edit: I thought the totally bonkers final areas and ending of Bioshock Infinite were cool when I played it but in retrospect all of the criticism of the game is 100% right.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bioschlock

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bioshock Infinite’s early concept where it was an obvious mockery of the Tea Party Patriot movement was cool and then it turned into… something else.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

Like the main character's actual attacks are pretty weak and ineffectual on their own.

so you haven't played past the first one or two hours, got it.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My Bayo1 code was a UK code so when I get my swoled I just need to make sure to transfer over all my foreign accounts as well so its not lost, correct?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Has anyone fooled around with korg gadget? I'm thinking about picking it up but was hoping someone might have some feedback on how robust it is as a toy

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Has anyone fooled around with korg gadget? I'm thinking about picking it up but was hoping someone might have some feedback on how robust it is as a toy

This thing are sick:

https://youtu.be/WywoyAdQCmc

Some wild stuff on youtube with this thing.

https://youtu.be/wzZzc098KV0

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 21, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Bioshock Infinite’s early concept where it was an obvious mockery of the Tea Party Patriot movement was cool and then it turned into… something else.

No but you see maybe the slave class shouldn't be so mean when rising up and

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Bioshock Infinite is disgusting garbage that ages like milk every passing year. I feel embarrassed and shame for playing it when it came out ten years ago.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Biocock infibutt is bad on any system. The switch not having it was a plus but it had to get ported huh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bushisms.txt posted:

I just don't think suggesting astral chain after Bayonetta is the thing, simply because of all the extra. Bayonetta you're constantly able to move and you don't really have to sit and learn things, chain is sitting there learning or you're going to just flail about and it doesn't look cool. Like the main character's actual attacks are pretty weak and ineffectual on their own. Bayo still looks cool and fun even when you don't know what you're doing.

link attacks are your bread and butter in astral chain and they are not nearly as complicated as you’re making them out to be. most of them are 1-to-1 conversions of commands from Bayonetta lol

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Binfinite is worth playing purely to see the apotheosis of both-sidesism congealed into a single game. You would think that when the final boss is a diverse army of anti-slavery people backed up by a robotic Lincoln, that the game was trying to unsubtly say you were actually the bad guy. But no.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s not worth playing at all, it’s poo poo

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Bioshock Infinite is great because it shows that black slaves are just as bad, if not worse than their masters, if they were in charge.

- A Ben Garrison post.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it’s not worth playing at all, it’s poo poo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's pretty cool and you could do a lot with it if you take the time to learn its features. Using a gamepad/joycon for the interface is clunky, though. I think the touchscreen is much better but then you are relegated to headphones to hear anything. Or I guess you could plug a cable into it. It would still be clunky, though as it's a switch screen.

If there were a way to use a mouse with it on a bigger screen it would be pretty great.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

It's pretty cool and you could do a lot with it if you take the time to learn its features. Using a gamepad/joycon for the interface is clunky, though. I think the touchscreen is much better but then you are relegated to headphones to hear anything. Or I guess you could plug a cable into it. It would still be clunky, though as it's a switch screen.

If there were a way to use a mouse with it on a bigger screen it would be pretty great.

Bizarrely, update 3.5 added usb (qwerty) keyboard support, of all things.

Korg out-nintendoing Nintendo at doing poo poo in the most un-straightforward manner possible.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 21, 2022

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

biggest (and it's pretty big) problem is that you have no way to export short of just recording the headphone output of your switch which suuuuucks

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm mostly just looking at it as a fun screw around tool so not being able to export anything outside of the headphone jack isn't a huge deal breaker but the earlier comments about it being a little clunky with a gamepad made me wonder if there's a stylus thats usable for the switch because I remember using the korg thing on the ds and it was.super intuitive to use with a stylus but the harder screen likely means it wouldn't be as good anyhow

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR3ZE5vFi7c

tl;dw: Releasing 08.30.2022

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 21, 2022

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Does Nintendo do midnight launches? Trying to figure out when I can buy and download Live a Live.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

TMNT for the NES might not be totally impossible with rewind. But it might still.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SettingSun posted:

Does Nintendo do midnight launches? Trying to figure out when I can buy and download Live a Live.

Only for Nintendo games usually, though rarely big third parties do it too

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SettingSun posted:

12am EST for all Nintendo games plus some others (Triangle Strategy was also available at that time), Live A Live will probably be the same

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Poopy Palpy posted:

TMNT for the NES might not be totally impossible with rewind. But it might still.

my only exposure to the NES as a kid was my aunt with mario 3 and TMNT and I spent a LOT of time playing mario 3

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Poopy Palpy posted:

i used to have to get my dad to do the underwater bit :(

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i used to have to get my dad to do the underwater bit :(

Is your dad the Kwisatz Haderach?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Is your dad the Kwisatz Haderach?

Did none of you have an NES Game Atlas guide growing up

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 21, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I had a master system

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1550150140698103809?t=EG80lejpy3PMNJzv8j5pAQ&s=19

You'd be crazy not to pick up X/X2 at least. That's an insane value.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’m good actually, thanks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

Did none of you have an NES Game Atlas guide growing up

I definely beat this as a kid at least once

When you didn't have many games, you got good at what you had

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hatty posted:

Only for Nintendo games usually, though rarely big third parties do it too

Live A Live is being published by Nintendo. At least in the West.

I’m really looking forward to Live A Live. My copy’s gonna arrive with that new 8bitdo Lite 2 controller tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I definely beat this as a kid at least once

When you didn't have cable, you got good at games