Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Citizen Rat posted:

I ... have no idea what this means? And I kinda don't want to ask because aforementioned 'this is the funniest thing I will ever know about my ex,' but at the same time fkn morbid curiosity gets me every time. So. Manly-man? When was Alex ever a manly-man? He was always very proud of being 'metrosexual' and kinda genderqueer when we were involved.

If you really want to know, he tried to run an online store selling his own line of "manly" furniture. That's why the piano thing was so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

In the previous thread, we learned that he was at some level involved with some "furniture, but for men" kinda brand or advertisements or something.

edit gdi querns

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

shutupandshave posted:

I think:
1) A lot of people are having their poo poo moved atm and they will leave soon.
2) The people that give a gently caress about groping and pedo activities are just WAY less than we all thought.

Selling 2 titans, a super, a dozen caps, and evaccing 15 or so jump freighters only took 4 or 5 days for me.

I hadn't decided if I was quitting eve or just GSF for a while but either way I wasn't gonna let my stuff rot.

I'm in of sound mind now and they're a total 180 in a lotta ways. It's very weird.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Macha posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

I'll admit, and on retrospect I have been wrong. In the past I would defend Mittani. "Oh he's not that bad a guy." "Oh, he's just playing a character for EVE." "His bullying of The Wiz at fanfest wasn't THAT bad. We all used to say toxic poo poo about each other all the time." I had met him at fanfest and while he definitely was full of himself with his whole "I'm the most famous Alliance Leader in EVE. I'm The Mittani" as if that made him space emperor, he was an alright person on the surface.

But that's loving evil. gently caress Mittani, and gently caress anyone who has anything to do with him at this point.

My dude, if there is anyone who knows something about getting gaslighted and snowed by Alex it is definitely me. You will find no judgment here.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If you really want to know, he tried to run an online store selling his own line of "manly" furniture. That's why the piano thing was so funny.

ooooh my god. You're right. It does make the piano story even funnier. Holy poo poo.

VV Thank you!

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 21, 2022

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Being completely serious - congrats on getting out.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Voyager I posted:

yeah this, I'm glad you're doing well

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah this, I'm glad you're doing well

I am! I landed a gig where they let me teach both Indigenous and anarchist politics! And then let me run around helping Indigenous communities file lawsuits against the nation-states in which they reside. (This is the one that got me into trouble in Russia. Turns out the Russian powers that be really do not like it when you potentially both help Indigenous peoples and interfere with the flow of oil. Ah well.

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 21, 2022

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Voyager I posted:

Same. Glad that you're doing well and glad that in the end this horror story had a happy ending and you got your kitties back.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

I am! I landed a gig where they let me teach both Indigenous and anarchist politics! And then let me run around helping Indigenous communities file lawsuits against the nation-states in which they reside. (This is the one that got me into to trouble in Russia. Turns out the Russian powers that be really do not like it when you potentially both help Indigenous peoples and interfere with the flow of oil. Ah well.

Hell yeah, I bought a mountain not far from where I grew up lol

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Hell yeah, I bought a mountain not far from where I grew up lol

You bought a mountain?! Come back and explain that one, but more and slower.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

You bought a mountain?! Come back and explain that one, but more and slower.

Its the fun way of saying I bought a shitload of land at the top of a mountain, whenever I told people they just say "you bought a mountain what the gently caress" so I run with it. Big house, big pool, some big cliff faces on it, shitloads of big trees and as far as i can tell infinite water, the latter 2 of which are something from dream compared to living in socal for most of a decade.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Its the fun way of saying I bought a shitload of land at the top of a mountain, whenever I told people they just say "you bought a mountain what the gently caress" so I run with it. Big house, big pool, some big cliff faces on it, shitloads of big trees and as far as i can tell infinite water, the latter 2 of which are something from dream compared to living in socal for most of a decade.

i say this with all love and respect,

why the hell you so angry all the time, you bought a loving mountain lol

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Warning, the more often you read this, the madder you get.

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-onlines-most-notorious-player-has-quit-the-game/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Holy poo poo I want to buy a mountain now.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kesper North posted:

i say this with all love and respect,

why the hell you so angry all the time, you bought a loving mountain lol

Goons made me bitter and unwilling to put up with stupid poo poo cause I did auths at peak of popularity and holy gently caress goons are so dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kazinsal posted:

Holy poo poo I want to buy a mountain now.

I highly recommend it

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Nice! I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never own land again because of the whole expat thing which makes land ownership complicated and when I bring it up to my cpa he makes unhappy scrunched faces at me. Maybe when I get citizenship.

Goons made me bitter and unwilling to put up with stupid poo poo cause I did auths at peak of popularity and holy gently caress goons are so dumb

I'm pretty sure you only liked me because I never posted and the first time we met face-to-face I handed you a kitten.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Wow.

You're not wrong about that.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Knowing how PC Gamer handled when the wormhole corp I was in was being evicted's little article, they interviewed only a single person, probably Mittani himself, and then went to reddit and read like 5 posts for the rest.
What a useless rag. Woudln't even wipe my rear end with it.

Know what would definitely help you in these trying times? Starting up a real throwback. New goon guild on whatever version of Archeage still exists!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

Nice! I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never own land again because of the whole expat thing which makes land ownership complicated and when I bring it up to my cpa he makes unhappy scrunched faces at me. Maybe when I get citizenship.

Where'd you emigrate to if you don't mind? Or pm me if you don't wanna say in public or w/e but if you want the experience of owning a shitload a land without the benefits i have a shitload of deferred maintenance from the previous owners I've gotta do :v

quote:

I'm pretty sure you only liked me because I never posted and the first time we met face-to-face I handed you a kitten.
you're not a moron and don't ask questions answered literally on the page you click through, also you're nice

the not posting is actually a detriment never stop posting

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Did PCgamer go "believe men" on that or something

*skims* lmao it's effectively "believe pedophiles"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Potato Salad posted:

Did PCgamer go "believe men" on that or something

It's an incredibly badly written article that appears to have multiple conflicting theses and blames the wrong parties for the wrong things. No part of it seems to be correct aside from the fact that a controversy occurred.

i mean, fair tbh

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i am a terrible poster who forgets that quote is not edit

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Where'd you emigrate to if you don't mind? Or pm me if you don't wanna say in public or w/e but if you want the experience of owning a shitload a land without the benefits i have a shitload of deferred maintenance from the previous owners I've gotta do :v

I'll dm you! And I am in fact decent at the whole home repair thing. But if it involves removing wallpaper you are on your own. gently caress doing that again.

quote:

you're not a moron and don't ask questions answered literally on the page you click through, also you're nice

the not posting is actually a detriment never stop posting

I just have the attention span of a suicidal gnat when I'm online. Hinders consistent posting. I have to use net-nanny when I'm doing database research. =/

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 21, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Citizen Rat posted:

I am! I landed a gig where they let me teach both Indigenous and anarchist politics! And then let me run around helping Indigenous communities file lawsuits against the nation-states in which they reside. (This is the one that got me into to trouble in Russia. Turns out the Russian powers that be really do not like it when you potentially both help Indigenous peoples and interfere with the flow of oil. Ah well.

See forget about EVE, I want stories about helping Indigenous communities stick it to US/Canada/else

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
has SA been utterly unwilling to change? I didn't know that was part of the lore around these dead forums

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Late to the party, but this is all the least surprising thing.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

SA has in fact changed drastically in everything but web design aesthetics, which tells you literally everything you need to know about anything claiming a refusal to change.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

See forget about EVE, I want stories about helping Indigenous communities stick it to US/Canada/else

This. :allears:

Also, we lose mittins and xenuria, we get someone postin who hands out kittens. This is a good trade.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

I just have the attention span of a suicidal gnat when I'm online. Hinders consistent posting. I have to use net-nanny when I'm doing database research. =/

Adderall :v:

quote:

And I am in fact decent at the whole home repair thing. But if it involves removing wallpaper you are on your own. gently caress doing that again.

If I'm removing wallpaper I'm ripping out the drywall its on because It almost certainly was done horrribly, gently caress wallpaper its almost as bad as removing office carpet that's glued straight to a slab

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I wonder if anyone has ever unironically purchased wallpaper past like 1980. I'd rather live in a house that is painted Landlord White in every room than have to deal with wallpaper. Well, maybe not the bedrooms.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

shortspecialbus posted:

Late to the party, but this is all the least surprising thing.

HI SSB! I think I owe you a phone call. Or several.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It was definitely still unironic through the 90s but I think the equivalent of it now is fake stick-on rocks/tiles/shiplap

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Citizen Rat posted:

HI SSB! I think I owe you a phone call. Or several.

Hi! I messaged you on Signal earlier today! Just reply to that.

edit: I promise it wasn't/isn't to talk about Alex. Just a lot of stuff happened since we last talked!

ssb fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 21, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hailthefish posted:

It was definitely still unironic through the 90s but I think the equivalent of it now is fake stick-on rocks/tiles/shiplap

what people picked wallpaper over that dry sponge bullshit?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

what people picked wallpaper over that dry sponge bullshit?

I lived in a place where the prior owner did both, an absolutely crap dry sponge job and an absolutely crap wallpaper border.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

See, it's just when I'm online. I have to draft out all my articles on paper and then transcribe because I cannot maintain my attention span when confronted with a computer screen.

quote:

If I'm removing wallpaper I'm ripping out the drywall its on because It almost certainly was done horrribly, gently caress wallpaper its almost as bad as removing office carpet that's glued straight to a slab

I can in fact put up drywall! Shiny taught me how to do that one.

shortspecialbus posted:

Hi! I messaged you on Signal earlier today! Just reply to that.

edit: I promise it wasn't/isn't to talk about Alex. Just a lot of stuff happened since we last talked!

I will go double check that then. After Russia invaded Ukraine my signal has been overwhelmed with messages and I'm almost always behind with them. =/

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 21, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm best at carpentry and drywall but I can do anything except hvac and I don't trust myself to do plumbing. The biggest problems are expensive or extremely labor intensive like its hot as gently caress I don't wanna go clean all the insulation out of the attic so I can find the mouse holes. And it's raining pretty much every day so fixing driveway cracks is a nonstarter most days. Piddly poo poo like caulking the shower is just me being lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

messing with the electric stuff scares me so i don't do it