Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

: Beat MGS2

Codename: Elephant

Nice work. elephants ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I cannot throw a loving grenade to save my life (pain fight)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

: Catch a Tsuchinoko

there's probably a much more efficient way to do this. I just set a bunch of traps in various forest areas until I found one by dumb luck

nahhh I think I'm probably gonna eat it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Beat the game

Tried twice and this was the best shot of credits vamp I could get. I had delusions of maybe trying European Extreme until I got to the tengus lol. Going to finish Snake Tales and GB then play 4, 3, twin snakes, something.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i suck at revengeance but it's fun as hell

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmaoing at Raiden talking normally to doktor and blade wolf in the codec but using the ripper voice for everyone else at the start of R-04

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

lmaoing at Raiden talking normally to doktor and blade wolf in the codec but using the ripper voice for everyone else at the start of R-04

the funny clip i posted earlier is trimmed down from like a 3 minute codec conversation and its obvious the voice actor couldnt keep it up because the voice slowly fades over the entire thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Sick poo poo. Good luck with Sam

https://twitter.com/elfbot/status/1549600631203270657

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

the funny clip i posted earlier is trimmed down from like a 3 minute codec conversation and its obvious the voice actor couldnt keep it up because the voice slowly fades over the entire thing

He's the same va for axel in kingdom hearts

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

he probably ain't any of those roles anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

He's the same va for axel in kingdom hearts

*Zandatu's xehanort's left arm off* got it memorized?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

raiden bro why are you running 100 miles the bike is still right there

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Unlock the High-Frequency Wooden Sword

Armstrong is extremely fun, he's worth the price of admittance all by himself. I'm gonna have to actually do Revengeance mode when I have a PC again. I played more than enough of ps3 Bayo 1 to fill my quota of taking action games seriously on ps3 lol. For some reason Armstrong's last boulder throw straight up wasn't showing the blade mode aiming icons so I died to it 4 times before just dodging the boulder. Didn't really care though because he's so fun.

God I can't wait for Bayo 3

mycophobia posted:

I cannot throw a loving grenade to save my life (pain fight)

missed this but if you're still at it, don't bother aiming grenades at him in first person and just try a single quick tap in third person (from the platform with mk22 and shotgun ammo). also shotgun > tactical reload > shotgun > tactical reload...repeat is a good way to remove his armor. tactical reload in general is invaluable on extreme

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 20, 2022

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

: Unlock the Mosin Nagant

The End might be my favorite boss fight in any game. god I love MGS3, I'm savoring this one

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

: Unlock the Mosin Nagant

The End might be my favorite boss fight in any game. god I love MGS3, I'm savoring this one

Ladder ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks again for putting all the work in for the game club, tld and sub

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

god I love MGS3

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

vr missions pwned the whole way through. this is the perfect game to turn on and casually do a dozen missions.
: Clear all 300 missions

my mgs2 progress has slowed to a crawl, only the hope of someday getting to mgs3 keeps me going.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mbt posted:

this is the perfect game to turn on and casually do a dozen missions.

:hai:

ghost babel vr missions too. really great stuff

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

you're welcome

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

izgc owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

big this

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

my mgs2 progress has slowed to a crawl, only the hope of someday getting to mgs3 keeps me going.

I’m kind of in the same place with it, it’s a good game and there’s a lot to like about it but something about the layout of Big Shell isn’t quite clicking with me, it feels like I’m always running in circles. I want to do the whole mainline series again though and I remember how good the story gets in the later sections, so I’ll try to marathon through it pretty quick

This.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

thanks all :cheers:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Good poo poo, couple of rough spots in the middle but nothing like the backtracking hell of the first two games. I don't know how much involvement Kojima had in this but he definitely personally designed the conveyer level.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

kojima pitching every Metal Gear game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-loDklmrbd0

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 21, 2022

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Starting up Peace Walker. My original save had 70 hours on it so I may not be finishing this one this month lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Starting up Peace Walker. My original save had 70 hours on it so I may not be finishing this one this month lol

lol yeah I keep trying them out but I think I’m gonna finish the mainline series before jumping too deep into the psp games. any one of them could be a full month on their own

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i picked up my save of metal gear acid, i was like 1/3 of the way in for a separate game club type initiative a few months ago. quickly remembering why i stopped but im going to soldier thru

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tmfc posted:

izgc owns

This.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -
Unlock the High-Frequency Wooden Sword -

I love basically everything about this game. I probably would have done this a week ago but my stick started drifting (again) and I sent the controller back in for repairs. Also, check out my epic number of kills.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Absolutely this.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

I love basically everything about this game. I probably would have done this a week ago but my stick started drifting (again) and I sent the controller back in for repairs. Also, check out my epic number of kills.

good poo poo, gamer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Unlock Kojima

Welcome to the Intel Team, Mr. Kojima.

This might not take as long as I thought. I did a spend a buttload of time playing co-op the first time around. I'll keep chipping away at it, but I actually do have the urge to play MGS2 now.

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

You're your own master now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

Hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

hell yeah me too

: Beat Revengeance mode