Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

WeaponX posted:

Ryan O’Reilly?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

fawning deference posted:

The list of active players with 30 points in a single playoff season are Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and...

who else?
Logan Couture

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

fawning deference posted:

The list of active players with 30 points in a single playoff season are Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and...

who else?

Patrick Kane?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric Staal had a great playoffs in 2006, does he count as active?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

This is correct

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

While he still has a ways to go, Patrick Maroon is gunning to join elite company by winning his fourth consecutive Stanley Cup. He'd be the only player in the modern era to have won it with multiple teams, as all the others came as part of the Habs and Islanders dynasties. Four Stanley Cup wins is still a very impressive feat in this day and age. In fact, only eight players have won four Stanley Cups in their career and appeared in a game following the 2005/06 lockout. Can you name them? As a hint, only one player has won four Stanley Cups in the shootout era.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ll get probably the easiest one out of the way: Nick Lidstrom.

Did McCarty play on all four Detroit teams too?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I’ll get probably the easiest one out of the way: Nick Lidstrom.

Did McCarty play on all four Detroit teams too?

Yes and yes. Although McCarty no longer has three of those rings because he sold them as part of his bankruptcy filing.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

While he still has a ways to go, Patrick Maroon is gunning to join elite company by winning his fourth consecutive Stanley Cup. He'd be the only player in the modern era to have won it with multiple teams, as all the others came as part of the Habs and Islanders dynasties. Four Stanley Cup wins is still a very impressive feat in this day and age. In fact, only eight players have won four Stanley Cups in their career and appeared in a game following the 2005/06 lockout. Can you name them? As a hint, only one player has won four Stanley Cups in the shootout era.
Chris Kunitz

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yup, Kunitz is the only guy to have won all four cups in the cap era. His first with Anaheim in 07 and then each of the Pens three cups.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Scott Niedermayer
John Madden maybe?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Niedermayer is correct. He won thee with the Devils then one last one with Anaheim. John Madden won a measly three cups in his career.

There are three Red Wings left and one hilarious no one will likely guess it hubris related one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Claude Lemieux when he had his Sharks comeback

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Kirk Maltby
Tomas Holmstrom
Kris Draper

These 3 guys played for the Red Wings seemingly forever.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Claude Lemieux when he had his Sharks comeback

Yup! That was the hubris one I was thinking. He won four cups and last played in 2003 so people kinda forget that he had a pointless 18 game stretch in the post lockout world age 43.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Kirk Maltby
Tomas Holmstrom
Kris Draper

These 3 guys played for the Red Wings seemingly forever.

And that's the list. I'm amazed that no one from the Hawks snagged a fourth cup but I guess they all just stuck around or retired to robidas island.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

And that's the list. I'm amazed that no one from the Hawks snagged a fourth cup but I guess they all just stuck around or retired to robidas island.
How many Hawks on all 3 Cup teams are even still around? Is it just Keith/Kane/Toews?

Keith has a chance this year

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson all won three. Keith was the oldest there at 31 after the last one. Kane was only 25! Given the talent there I'm just surprised none of them found a way to squeak out another cup somewhere.

Keith has a chance this year

Please do not post obscenities.

Theoretically Seabrook could do it too if the Lightning win again but he hasn't played in two years.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It was really funny when Hossa managed to play in back-to-back Stanley Cup finals between the same two teams, but missed out on a Cup each year because the opposite team won.

Then he won the year after that, and then won another 2.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Claude Lemieux :colbert:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

It was really funny when Hossa managed to play in back-to-back Stanley Cup finals between the same two teams, but missed out on a Cup each year because the opposite team won.

Then he won the year after that, and then won another 2.

I still wonder why Hossa left Pittsburgh. I can only assume he hated Therrien because it was a pretty good situation there for him and they wanted him back and were willing to pay and give him term.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

By all accounts he was simply chasing a Cup and who can blame him for thinking the most recent cup winner that had Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom on the roster was the best chance to do so?

It was a one year deal and he knew he'd still be able to cash in afterwards, which he did. Detroit ended up choosing Franzen over him though which is very funny in hindsight.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Five defensemen have scored over 100 points in a season a total of 14 times. They are: Bobby Orr (139), Paul Coffey (138), Bobby Orr (135), Paul Coffey (126), Bobby Orr (122), Paul Coffey (121), Bobby Orr (120), Bobby Orr (117), Paul Coffey (113), Paul Coffey (103), ? in 1990-91 (103), ? in 1991-92 (103), ? in 1978-79 (101), and Bobby Orr (101).

Name the three that aren't Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I know Leetch is one or em.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Leetch, MacInnis, Potvin

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Correct on those three!

I enjoyed writing that question because of how many times Orr and Coffey did it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Alright, I've got a few more!

Who is the only Slovakian to lead defensemen in points in a single season?

Two defensemen have led the NHL in assists in a single season. One did it five times, the other did it once.

An American has led the NHL in PIM five times. One did it twice, in consecutive seasons (338 in 83-84, 358 in 84-85) and the others did it once (408 in 91-92, 372 in 97-98, 213 in 12-13) - name them.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Alright, I've got a few more!

Who is the only Slovakian to lead defensemen in points in a single season?

Two defensemen have led the NHL in assists in a single season. One did it five times, the other did it once.

An American has led the NHL in PIM five times. One did it twice, in consecutive seasons (338 in 83-84, 358 in 84-85) and the others did it once (408 in 91-92, 372 in 97-98, 213 in 12-13) - name them.
Visnovsky for the first

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Orr was the defenceman to lead the league in assists five times. Was Lidstrom the other? I doubt Coffey did it at any point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Erik Karlsson lead the league in Assists once

Brashear seems a likely candidate to have led the league in PIM

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Visnovsky for the first

Peluso got the 408. I'll say Churla got the 372.

338 and 358 sounds like Probert but I thought he was Canadian

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What about Chris Nilan?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Lubomir Visnovsky is the Slovak who led defensemen in points. I thought that one would trip up at least one person thinking of Chara.

Erik Karlsson led the league in assists once, and Bobby Orr did it five times. Coffey never managed to do it because Gretzky was busy leading the league 18 times during most of his career (tied with Lemieux twice and Jagr once.)

Chris Nilan lead the league in PIM two years in a row, and Mike Peluso and Donald Brashear also did it. Churla is and Probert was Canadian. This leaves the guy who led the league with 213 in 2013-14 (I made a typo and said 12-13 in my previous post, but good old Canadian boy and noted women's hockey coach Colton Orr led the league that year.)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Name the three defensemen to ever hit 5 shorthanded goals in a season. For a bonus, name the only one who has done so twice.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Paul Coffey and Orr I assume did it? More likely Coffey did it twice.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Coffey holds the record with 9 but that was the only time he hit at least 5. Orr never did it!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This feels like a tough question. The player has to be good enough offensively to score a ton of goals, but also good enough defensively to be put on the PK. Unless that defenseman is on a really lovely team.

Bourque? Lidstrom? And for a believable but kind of out there pick -- Duchesne.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

This feels like a tough question. The player has to be good enough offensively to score a ton of goals, but also good enough defensively to be put on the PK. Unless that defenseman is on a really lovely team.

Bourque? Lidstrom? And for a believable but kind of out there pick -- Duchesne.

Did you read my post about Duchesne in the SAS draft because I wouldn't expect anyone to just guess him. If you did, congrats! Duchesne had 5 once.

Bourque and Lidstrom never did it.

The only guy left did it twice, getting 5 and 7.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Is it someone more recently like Kris Letang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Is it someone more recently like Kris Letang?

Good guess but it's not Letang.