Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, they're the shortest non-potato.

I wonder how many people use the height sliders. I set my female Au Ra to max height and have yet to meet a catgirl who's taller.

edit: I had a max height RoeBro for years and the top of his head would be out of frame for a lot of cutscenes. That was always pretty amusing.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogama posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/text_command/0504982cac8/
You can glam each of Carbuncle, Garuda-Egi, Titan-Egi, and Ifrit-Egi to your choice of Carbuncle, Emerald Carbuncle (it's a slightly different shade of blue), Topaz Carbuncle, Ruby Carbuncle, Garuda-Egi, Titan-Egi, and Ifrit-Egi. It's only while they're normally out that you'll see the change, of course, and I don't believe this changes the full-size summons.

Oh poo poo, thank you, I'd wondered if the ones I'd seen were exploiting minor bugs or what, because I had a Ruby Carbuncle stick around longer than expected when I hit Ruby and the enemy died before the attack connected.

OhFunny posted:

I wonder how many people use the height sliders. I set my female Au Ra to max height and have yet to meet a catgirl who's taller.

edit: I had a max height RoeBro for years and the top of his head would be out of frame for a lot of cutscenes. That was always pretty amusing.

I do some adjusting, but I personally feel just whacking the slider to one end or the other is a little lazy. My Roe is a bit shorter than average, my Miqo is somewhat taller... my Lala is max height. :shobon:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

OhFunny posted:

Min height on both my catgirl and bunboi because the illusion of speed is really the most important thing, but I also don't want to be a potato.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

YggiDee posted:

On the other hand, Thancred grew up as a thief and pickpocket in Limsa Lominsa, I'm sure he knows a scam when he hears it.

Tataru is totally planning her own rug-pull coin, and she has something juicy on Thancred to ensure he says nothing about it.

OhFunny posted:

I maxed out the height slider (or close enough) on my catte, but I haven't really noticed it in game. I don't really stand around next to people focusing on the models enough to appreciate the difference.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Warmachine posted:

Tataru is totally planning her own rug-pull coin, and she has something juicy on Thancred to ensure he says nothing about it.

I maxed out the height slider (or close enough) on my catte, but I haven't really noticed it in game. I don't really stand around next to people focusing on the models enough to appreciate the difference.
I usually spend some time checking other teammates in CC while waiting for the start of the match. I noticed my character is taller than 90% of other players and I am not even playing as one the tallest races.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emzedoh posted:

Xaela ladies should be large, Raen dudes should be dainty. Come on you cowards, do a highlander/midlander split for all the races, even if it's just a height tweak.

Also it would have been hilarious if Veena Viera looked like this:

i was also over demonic looking dragon ladies when they were announced then i found out they were the same height as the average 5'8 male and lost interest. ill stick to my gigantic femroe, thanks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like taking pictures of myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uVtfotC0c

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

If you're femroe and not max height what are you doing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eight-Six posted:

If you're femroe and not max height what are you doing

Not overcompensating for something.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

sassassin posted:

For you it's not compensating enough.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I have a max size roe and its fun being an UPPERCASE WARRIOR but it's also pretty amusing when I'm wearing my southern seas vacation dad glam on my healers. it basically just lets you show off your glams louder than any other race

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I play a below-average-height elezen, which makes for a weirdly fun dynamic where she reads as tall to everyone who isn't actually tall.

Her being from Ul'dah adds to it, because there you could totally believe that she was the tallest person in most groups until she left town and was suddenly the runt.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

A Moose posted:

I have a max size roe and its fun being an UPPERCASE WARRIOR but it's also pretty amusing when I'm wearing my southern seas vacation dad glam on my healers. it basically just lets you show off your glams louder than any other race

you make for an extremely obvious and effective danger dorito, as well. Trying to locate an unmarked lala to stack with is hell

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i'm pretty sure i've died to spread mechanics because i've not been able to visually process the presence of potatoes more than a few times

do with that information what you will :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If I'm taller it's easier to see my glams

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

listen here bud in real life im an average height dude but in my heart im a gigantic towering milf and and if americans arent allowed to dream then i dont want to live here anymore

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

MRoes are great but their glam game suffers because their body shape is cylinder.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

listen here bud in real life im an average height dude but in my heart im a gigantic towering milf and and if americans arent allowed to dream then i dont want to live here anymore

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm 5'4" surrounded by 6'2" people irl that height slider is at the top no matter what race I'm playing

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

My Roe is somewhere a bit below average and she mostly still towers over people, even those who are meant to be pretty tall, up until someone who's Truly Extemely Lorge walks in. That tends to suit the mood often enough.

I was a bit miffed when someone misinterpreted and thought I was min-height because they'd never seen anyone not max it out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

My friend it is 2022, the Supreme Court has ruled dreaming illegal for everyone but straight white men.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've actually tried the entire Roe height range. Next time I fantssia I'll probably go back to the nice height, 69/100

One thing I noticed was that at 0 height on a Roe, your head is too small. Like the head size is proportioned to look right at 50 height but Roes have the greatest range from 0-100.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
lol, talking about height in here and this video shows up in my subscriptions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmUPJlKAQQ

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm 6'2" and I'll beeline for a short race as long as it's made available to me

idk man you move faster the smaller you are

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yelling "cope" from inside the kholusia dwarf houses

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lmao if you don't want to play as a handsome young man sitting at the grownups table.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Zomborgon posted:

My Roe is somewhere a bit below average and she mostly still towers over people, even those who are meant to be pretty tall, up until someone who's Truly Extemely Lorge walks in. That tends to suit the mood often enough.

75% hroth is very similar to this and I like it quite a bit. It's rare to be too tall for a shot (which iirc happened to me a couple times as a 50% height roegadude), but you can be in the same shot as one of the truly big garleans and not have it look too weird.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The movement speed for smaller races feels really good. I was a lalafell for a week. I've spent a few weeks as a catgirl. I get it. The animations and speed all feel right. I always go back to tall though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

also about enemy size, I really like that in the updates to castrum and praetorium they kept the final bosses the same size but ballooned out their targeting circle. it also has a neat side effect of keeping people farther away from the boss models so you can appreciate their animation work a bit more.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vitamean posted:

also about enemy size, I really like that in the updates to castrum and praetorium they kept the final bosses the same size but ballooned out their targeting circle. it also has a neat side effect of keeping people farther away from the boss models so you can appreciate their animation work a bit more.

It works really well for them. There are cases where the oversized targeting circle can end up looking a little too weird, like Diablo Armament where everyone's just kinda breakdancing in front of him, but I overall think a larger circle and smaller model is better for both combat readability and visual enjoyment.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pwnstar posted:

Lmao if you don't want to play as a handsome young man sitting at the grownups table.

Tell me you wore this for the talks with varis and the leaders during stormblood. That's an image to project!

E: or wait is that the start of shadowbringer?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 21, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They need to add a "three children in a trenchcoat" glam exclusively for Lalafells

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Arist posted:

They need to add a "three children in a trenchcoat" glam exclusively for Lalafells

that's just an Elezen

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

You're literally the villain in a gilded age play.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

nothing wrong with wanting to look a little pretty for your dinner date with the big blue man

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

A lot of caster gear looks pretty bad on male roes, and dragoon glams are hilarious. you look like a refrigerator with random spikes sticking out.

I do like the full robe + dwarf caster hat combo though.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

A Moose posted:

A lot of caster gear looks pretty bad on male roes, and dragoon glams are hilarious. you look like a refrigerator with random spikes sticking out.

I do like the full robe + dwarf caster hat combo though.
It would be more appropriate to look like a refrigerator [1] as a BLM...

[1]Kelvinator brand

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I will say one thing that's constantly annoying about playing Lalafell is that I can't stand wearing long coats or robes, because of how badly your feet clip through the back of them when you run. It's better than the alternative of having some janky physics work on long cloth I guess, but it cuts out a lot of glam options for me because I can't help but notice it when I'm playing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A Moose posted:

A lot of caster gear looks pretty bad on male roes, and dragoon glams are hilarious.

I won't stand for this slander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Vitamean posted:

I will say one thing that's constantly annoying about playing Lalafell is that I can't stand wearing long coats or robes, because of how badly your feet clip through the back of them when you run. It's better than the alternative of having some janky physics work on long cloth I guess, but it cuts out a lot of glam options for me because I can't help but notice it when I'm playing.

Everyone's feet clip through the back of robes, in my experience. The full floor-length robes all do it.

Kyrosiris posted:

I won't stand for this slander.

What weapon is that?