Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Babylons Fail many are calling it

"Many" sounds like too large a number of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://youtu.be/JSvwcneTNu4

https://www.nomanssky.com/endurance-update/

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Got the Razer battery & charger so my controller is no longer signed by Phil :(

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Seltzer posted:

So is Dusk Falls interesting at all?

I've only played the early part (twice), but it seems promising. It is a multiple choice story-game so either you like the story or not.

I tried the cloud version on my phone and it is the best way to control the game .

Best platform rankings:
1. Mobile phone touch controls
2. Pc with mouse
3. Xbox with controller (lol)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Does Forza DLC ever go on sale, or if I'm interested in the expansions but not planning to play more Horizon 5 right now I might as well buy them anyway?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Twerk from Home posted:

Does Forza DLC ever go on sale, or if I'm interested in the expansions but not planning to play more Horizon 5 right now I might as well buy them anyway?

It does yes, was last on sale about a month ago. Unfortunately no indication when it might again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’ll go on sale for a deep discount right before the whole game gets delisted, but that won’t happen for a few years. Otherwise it’ll get like a 20% discount a few times a year in all the regular Xbox sales.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

adhuin posted:

I tried the cloud version on my phone and it is the best way to control the game .

I wonder what other games this is true of; I have too many loving devices and this may let me sneak in some games during lulls at the office :twisted:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I wonder what other games this is true of; I have too many loving devices and this may let me sneak in some games during lulls at the office :twisted:

Townscraper is fully touch on mobile.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

bushisms.txt posted:

Townscraper is fully touch on mobile.

Cool.
Is there any more games with native touch controls?

On other games that work well with virtual pad are turn based ones and games that don't need fast reflexes.
Life is strange and citizen sleeper seemed to work fine-ish. Biggest problem was re-arranging virtual controls so that they don't block anything important.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

bushisms.txt posted:

Found a pretty decent price copy of the Xbox 360 driver SF, and there's still people playing online. Game is still good.

people are getting in their last laps because they're shutting the servers on 9/1, enjoy it while you can

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

adhuin posted:

Cool.
Is there any more games with native touch controls?

On other games that work well with virtual pad are turn based ones and games that don't need fast reflexes.
Life is strange and citizen sleeper seemed to work fine-ish. Biggest problem was re-arranging virtual controls so that they don't block anything important.

Art of Rally has some super interesting touch controls with a persistent analog throttle that you slide up and down. I can't say that it worked well for me, but it was a unique control attempt.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
A few weeks ago I was watching an Xbox games showcase, can't remember what it was, but I think it showed a racing game with the track up in the sky doing loop de loops and such. Any ideas what that was? I think maybe Forza Horizon DLC.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idg18QJCbXU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ride 4 is so loving hard but also incredibly satisfying. Stopped riding a couple of years ago for reasons of Too Much To Lose but that game is reactivating a lot of dormant stuff in my brain. Good 20bux.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Digging as Dusk Falls so far, accidentally spent like 4 hours playing tonight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every single time I boot up the Xbox to try As Dusk Falls I’ve ended up just powerwashing more things this has happened about four times in the last day and a half

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Try again in a while
We can't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes or check service status in Xbox Assist. (Ox87DD0017)

lmao this console is ridiculously loving buggy imagine not even being able to sign a person in to their account

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Works on my machine OP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Try again in a while
We can't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes or check service status in Xbox Assist. (Ox87DD0017)

lmao this console is ridiculously loving buggy imagine not even being able to sign a person in to their account

Unironic just reset the console. Its the same poo poo I do on PS5 when it decides Im no longer allowed to confirm Im allowed to download games

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Oh happy days, is that track available now then?

When is Bright Memory Infinite out on Xbox? Says 2021 on the Xbox website :rolleyes:

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 21, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

When is Bright Memory Infinite out on Xbox? Says 2021 on the Xbox website :rolleyes:
In a matter of hours.

https://twitter.com/FYQD_Studio/status/1544901370507333632

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i liked the demo thing on steam and im excited to see what it looks like with actual art and story that's not 90% royalty free stuff lol. the combat was really loving fun but it was like an hour long

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm excited for Discord on Xbox (in a few months probably) but not looking forward to creating and maintaining my own server just to chat with my pc gaming buddy once a week.

Maybe i can just use some public Discord server idk

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Oh happy days, is that track available now then?

I should play more Forza

I never actually "finished" the campaign although I was having a lot of fun playing the game. I like just logging in and driving around for a bit

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm excited for Discord on Xbox (in a few months probably) but not looking forward to creating and maintaining my own server just to chat with my pc gaming buddy once a week.

Yeah I tried to use the in-game chat once when we were playing across some people on XBOX some on windows and it was an absolute disaster and we just all went to discord lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I mean if that's all you want you don't need to actually do anything. Just give him the invite code.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Works on my machine OP.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I tried to use the in-game chat once when we were playing across some people on XBOX some on windows and it was an absolute disaster and we just all went to discord lol

Xbox Party chat is notoriously unreliable on pc through the Xbox pc app. Discord is excellent, but was never available on console. Hopefully both problems will now be solved.

Larry Parrish posted:

I mean if that's all you want you don't need to actually do anything. Just give him the invite code.

invite code to what?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xbox Party chat is notoriously unreliable on pc through the Xbox pc app. Discord is excellent, but was never available on console. Hopefully both problems will now be solved.

invite code to what?

... The discord server? anyway there's a third party discord client that mostly works. sometimes the voip stops working though, I don't think Xbox has very good third party support for that stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

... The discord server? anyway there's a third party discord client that mostly works. sometimes the voip stops working though, I don't think Xbox has very good third party support for that stuff

many people online are calling it the Series Sux for this very reason

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not I though. found myself playing the Failstation 5 a lot more these days. wish Phil would put some games on Series X :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh you’re just like this in every thread now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

not I though. found myself playing the Failstation 5 a lot more these days. wish Phil would put some games on Series X :(

For the love of God just post normal dude.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OK

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Oh great! Is it not on Game Pass?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh, I thought you meant there's a way for 1-on-1 voice chat in Discord without the need for a server. I misunderstood.

Also I know about Quarrel, the 3rd party Discord client. From what I've heard it's ok but the voice chat craps out a lot, which would be the most important part for anyone using it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Watchdogs 2 seems pretty okay so far! The hacking stuff is cool.

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Come on Konami, relist MGS HD collection. Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is this a proper game cos i bought the first one and it seemed like an asset-flip demo