Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Never pay for the pleasure of renting. Make sure you own everything or steal it.

I mean, I get your ideology but on a long scale you're renting everything.

Rinkles posted:

I just wanted to surprise him with something cool. Our experience with PSNow was "good enough" which was better than I expected, but still not the how we 'd want to play.

Check the classic games forum for advice. My last check with PS3 is it requires pretty beefy hardware due to its weird architecture but maybe there were advancements/I don't know your bro's PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
piracy owns imo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hwurmp posted:

it's stored in the Cloud

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Playing Ace Attorney Dual Destinies.

I'm in the first day of trial stuff. Blackquill is a tool and his hawk sucks. Apollo still feels like someone who would love to be in basically any other game than the one he's stuck in. I feel bad for him.

When's a good time to do the dlc case? Is it best saved for after the main game or is it better to play through earlier?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can play the DLC between cases and 2 and 3 if you like, that's when it takes place chronologically. Or you can save it for the end. It's the best case in the game so it's a nice one to go out on but chronological is cool too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'll save it til last then, thanks :)

Also, Apollo no why would you make that your ringtone uggggh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV:

Seems like crafting in Heavensward is a bit more annoying than it was in ARR, for example smelting a single metal ingot used to take maybe two ores, now it takes like five plus an additional item that can only be gathered at specific times. As you level up your gathering classes you do get more abilities to help gather more items at once, so, fine, I guess that makes sense

But many crafting materials can’t be gathered and instead have to be gotten from defeating enemies, and the amount you need also went up. Like in ARR, 1 animal skin = 1 leather, always, whereas now you need three skins for each piece of leather. And it’s not like enemies drop higher amounts than before.

Sending out my NPC butler every hour, interrupting my GamePlay, so he can get 5 skins, that’s not even 2 leather, and I need 3 leather to finish this leatherworking quest, gimme a break !!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
hw crafting sucks rear end

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i recommend buying the turnins for the quests on the marketboard

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

piracy owns imo

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

No. I have honour, also they’re crazy expensive

But yes I had gaming seshes in ARR where I did nothing but craft/gather and it was fun, I just did my first such sesh in HW and got much less done. Feels bad

How does Stormblood+later change crafting?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Video Games when a new video game comes out (video games are always coming out)

It is not possible to deny any of this.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
lmao at everyone telling you to pay someone else to play the video game for you

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

SeXReX posted:

lmao at everyone telling you to pay someone else to play the video game for you

Lmao that's what that mean. What a fuckin joke. Play a real game homie 🤣

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Watching the maze screensaver, that's my favorite game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

No. I have honour, also they’re crazy expensive

But yes I had gaming seshes in ARR where I did nothing but craft/gather and it was fun, I just did my first such sesh in HW and got much less done. Feels bad

How does Stormblood+later change crafting?

the quests just give you the ingredients for the quest turnins

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Lmao that's what that mean. What a fuckin joke. Play a real game homie 🤣

i mean, my actual recommendation is to not do crafting at all in ffxiv, because it's not good

but the hw part is the worst by far

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
demanding my counterstrike teammates stop getting kills because i don't want them to play the game for me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

i mean, my actual recommendation is to not do crafting at all in ffxiv, because it's not good

but the hw part is the worst by far

Crafting is necessary for some of the best storylines though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

demanding my counterstrike teammates stop getting kills because i don't want them to play the game for me

Ive had many a person rage at me for this, and now it happens all the fuckin time in mobas

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i think in one of the very first cs matches i ever played someone told me i had to learn to "support properly" by brining enemies low without killing them so i wouldn't steal kills

but in mobas sniping kills out from under people who complained about it was a fun minigame

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its the best minigame.

Kill Secured, friendo, Kill Secured.

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

Rinkles posted:

I just wanted to surprise him with something cool. Our experience with PSNow was "good enough" which was better than I expected, but still not the how we 'd want to play.

If you do get ps3 emulation working, you should play katamari forever. I feel like nobody ever talks about it but it has all the best katamari levels in one place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I had gaming seshes in ARR where I did nothing but craft/gather

I was having so much fun crafting/gathering that at one point I looked and they'd outlevelled all my combat classes :sweatdrop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In 1.0 you could do story and overworld content with crafting classes I believe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just bought the complete FF14 let's loving goooooooooooooo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rarity posted:

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Playing Ace Attorney Dual Destinies.

I'm in the first day of trial stuff. Blackquill is a tool and his hawk sucks. Apollo still feels like someone who would love to be in basically any other game than the one he's stuck in. I feel bad for him.

When's a good time to do the dlc case? Is it best saved for after the main game or is it better to play through earlier?

My son is all in on the Ace Attorney lore and apparently the original trilogy was supposed to be the end of Phoenix's story but Capcom insisted on shoehorning him into Apollo Justice and then gave the series to a different director afterwards.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

lol

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

:sickos:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Update:

Let's loving go is on hold I need to raise my chocobo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I eagerly await FFXIV, however I just discovered the new PSPLus grants me free access to FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII. :) Noice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I eagerly await FFXIV, however I just discovered the new PSPLus grants me free access to FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII. :) Noice.

:getin:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

My son is all in on the Ace Attorney lore and apparently the original trilogy was supposed to be the end of Phoenix's story but Capcom insisted on shoehorning him into Apollo Justice and then gave the series to a different director afterwards.

Honestly I like how they handled Phoenix in the 3DS games, which I was surprised by. Without going into spoilers he basically serves as an NPC mentor figure in Dual Destinies until the very end and the main narrative conceit of Spirit of Justice means it doesn’t feel forced that he has to deal with adversity in his trials because the system is so hedged against him.

Heck, I think 6-1 might be my favorite first trial in the series.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk "if you can't find a contradiction in this cross examination you will be executed" is a little high stakes for a tutorial case

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Final Fantasy is the best video gaming franchise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Final Fantasy is the best video gaming franchise

Thinking this more and more. (I class games with 3 titles or more as franchises)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Thinking this more and more. (I class games with 3 titles or more as franchises)

Just need Portal 3...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Just need Portal 3...

Sadly this will never happen. I wish to be wrong, but 2 is all we are getting.
I have made my peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Just need Portal 3...

Gonna need Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 first