Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Serious Sneeze. Serious Fart. Zero Punch Man. :rock:

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

10/10

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This is some silver age Superman poo poo. It's amazing.

Related:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the 3 color pages of jupiter exploding are beautiful holy poo poo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Saitama gonna have to go back in time every time he sneezes?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

After the translation, lmao at the second part. Excellent stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dicks out for Saitama

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
So Garou sorta was at Saitama’s level. Huh. I mean we all knew Saitama would body him eventually but Saitama had to to grow to do it. He got his fight but then outpaced the competition too quickly.

The back in time zero-punch was an awesome gag. And the color spreads were amazing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FooF posted:

So Garou sorta was at Saitama’s level. Huh. I mean we all knew Saitama would body him eventually but Saitama had to to grow to do it. He got his fight but then outpaced the competition too quickly.

The back in time zero-punch was an awesome gag. And the color spreads were amazing.

He got his fight but doesnt remember it. RIP

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I.... I..... said after last chapter that I felt the comic was starting to lose some of its charms.

I regret my words and deeds. :stwoon:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Grouchio posted:

Is Saitama gonna have to go back in time every time he sneezes?

The merged Saitama has no memories of his time-travelling self so I'd imagine he's also lost the extreme power boost he got in the fight with Garou, so his sneezes shouldn't be so dangerous.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OK that was pretty good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, so Rooster teeth was right, Popeye is stronger.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I made a joke earlier in this thread about Saitama unmaking Garou from existence. Kinda close, just didnt go that far back in time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I feel like I'm gonna need a week to sit on this chapter to sort my feelings

On paper time travel poo poo to undo a bad future is some lame writing and theres a few minor pages here and there that rub me the wrong way but there's something about the execution and result that I can't fault it for doing it this way

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FooF posted:

my takeaway from it was that even if hypothetically, your dbz powerlevel number is equals to saitama at a given point, his limit being non existent means you never actually have a chance and he just immediately scales up to flatline anything if he has that genuine emotional need to.

a bit like racing a push bike against an f1 car, you might be both be going 20 miles per hour, the car is always going to be able to go 200 even the bike ups to 25. so it's hard to say on his level, more like, exists on a realm which is in the vicinity at the time

OPM back to its best when it goes back to this. funny, with amazing art.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 21, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kuvo posted:

the 3 color pages of jupiter exploding are beautiful holy poo poo

From a sneeze. This chapter was so goddamn good.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:discourse:

This chapter was absolutely beautiful and perfect and redeems things SO SO MUCH

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Saitama using half-A presses to get out of being One Punch Man

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mabels big day posted:

I feel like I'm gonna need a week to sit on this chapter to sort my feelings

On paper time travel poo poo to undo a bad future is some lame writing and theres a few minor pages here and there that rub me the wrong way but there's something about the execution and result that I can't fault it for doing it this way

Yeah on paper what happened should absolutely suck but it's also clear that the whole thing was also a moment of "Oh, you want to see Saitama at infinite power? Yeah that'd break the universe and where would be the fun in that?" so naturally they have to dial things back or there'd be no more comic. I respect that, because once you reach the level of two dudes throwing each other into exploding stars there's really no place left for fun character shenanigans which is where One-Punch Man's heart is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saitama freaking out at having Genos' power core in his hand followed immediately by him freaking out that his dick was hanging out was :kiss:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm half expecting Saitama reversing time by punching.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I really hope Genos' power core recorded the alt reality fight.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Kuseno uses the core to make a second Genos, so he can get splatted twice as efficiently.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
2 Genos means 2 people to teach. Saitama would never allow it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Best chapter ever?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darth TNT posted:

2 Genos means 2 people to teach. Saitama would never allow it.

But it also means he can split the rent three ways!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hhahahaha holy poo poo that ruled

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I wonder if Genos is gonna get a power up now that a second power core is in play.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite bit is how after all this, he still admits King is greater

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Okay, after reading the translation I enjoyed the chapter, but I am a little annoyed by the fact that it didn’t just roll back events - it rolled back character development for both Saitama and Garou. Garou had his realization of what his Ominous Future would be wiped away. But more importantly, Saitama lost his introspective realization of his own failure of being a hero. Losing Genos because he showed up too late, his understanding of how both Garou and King displayed more heroic characteristics than he has -

I don’t know. Maybe I just find something tragically romantic (in the classic sense) of an AU where Saitama has to live on this irradiated rock for the rest of his life holding Genos’ core in his left hand, never letting it go, as a reminder that no matter how powerful he is, no matter that he can beat anything with a single punch, it still doesn’t mean he ‘wins’. He failed. Genos died. He couldn’t do anything about it and has to live with that failure.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

of course he does

saitama may be infinitely powerful, but King is a hero

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Lucas Archer posted:

Okay, after reading the translation I enjoyed the chapter, but I am a little annoyed by the fact that it didn’t just roll back events - it rolled back character development for both Saitama and Garou. Garou had his realization of what his Ominous Future would be wiped away. But more importantly, Saitama lost his introspective realization of his own failure of being a hero. Losing Genos because he showed up too late, his understanding of how both Garou and King displayed more heroic characteristics than he has -

I don’t know. Maybe I just find something tragically romantic (in the classic sense) of an AU where Saitama has to live on this irradiated rock for the rest of his life holding Genos’ core in his left hand, never letting it go, as a reminder that no matter how powerful he is, no matter that he can beat anything with a single punch, it still doesn’t mean he ‘wins’. He failed. Genos died. He couldn’t do anything about it and has to live with that failure.

That sucks actually

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lucas Archer posted:

I agree with your first point which is why I hope Geno's core contains some of this information. It seems weird to bring it back if it doesn't matter at all. I don't really want a downer multiverse though since that's kinda all over the place now.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 21, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lucas Archer posted:

I dont think the comedy series about a man who punch good needs an insanely depressing downer ending.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You know, having examined his weaknesses, Saitama could compensate for a lot of them with a skilled support network who can give him directions and catch him up on the Intel.

He should join Blizzard Group.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My favourite bit is how he still thinks that Garou is just a normal dude with a costume.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lucas Archer posted:

Idk man after reading all of that Im just glad you're not helming this project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Mindblast posted:

Idk man after reading all of that Im just glad you're not helming this project.

Me too! It would be a super downer ending to a comedic story and doesn’t fit at all with anything that’s been set up. I’m just pondering (what I think is) an interesting what-if.