Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The globe maps in Horizon: Forbidden West showing the effects of sea level rise and then letting you splash around in underwater San Francisco were super cool.

inshallah this occurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Shopping for: Mycardial infarction

Add: 1 Vial TNKase ($11,999)
*customers are recommended to add 1x Cath Lab procedure for helping administer this medication, would you like to add this plan? ($20,999)

Customers also purchased: Physical and Occupational Rehab by Healthcareone! ($35,999)

Add to order.

Shipping *not available for prime delivery* ($29,995)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Apraxin posted:

could you be any more ominous lmao

I have no idea how they think they could improve actual healthcare itself. We need more doctors, or mid-level provides need more empowerment, I guess, but how's the algorithm gonna do that? Otherwise the vast majority of the complications are on the coding/billing/insurance/health plan side of things.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

nikosoft posted:

I have no idea how they think they could improve actual healthcare itself. We need more doctors, or mid-level provides need more empowerment, I guess, but how's the algorithm gonna do that? Otherwise the vast majority of the complications are on the coding/billing/insurance/health plan side of things.

they probably wont do poo poo, just use data/get more people into a specific ecosystem like they do with whole foods. maybe discount drugs through specific vendors etc.

healthcare is just one of the few industries theyre just not In. and if everyones about to get long covid and boomers are getting older, its a great place to make money!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Tons of Teslas here in suburban Maryland. People with more money than sense needing to virtue signal.

One of the weird genres of videos my dad watches on YouTube are videos taken from the proximity cameras on Teslas. Ever since I realized people actually watch those clips, I've taken to flipping off every Tesla I see.

I am very mature.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nikosoft posted:

They want to extract more profit from healthcare. They do not care about outcomes

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Friend: who do you use for health insurance?

Me: Amazon Prime

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

is pepsi ok posted:

Isn't 7nm the theoretical limit of how small they can make a chip?

The node process (eg, 7nm, 10nm, 14nm) no longer has any relation to the physical size of the transistors. They are just names now. See this article for some background and why this is happening.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1550134896638697472

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

nikosoft posted:

Well right now there's a massive shortage of healthcare providers on all spectrums (doctors, midlevels, ancillary staff etc). Even if we made healthcare affordable for everyone there's not going to be adequate staff to safely take care of everyone. That's still one of my huge pet peeves within the healthcare model is that we have massively bottlenecked ourselves to where we are having this massive outflow of providers either retiring, or leaving the workforce due to burnout, unsafe staffing conditions etc etc..

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’d like to believe that amazon couldn’t possibly be worse than all the current health care companies

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

slave to my cravings posted:

I’d like to believe that amazon couldn’t possibly be worse than all the current health care companies

they are and will be

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Matt Damon’ishly: uh oh

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Amazon is always worse than the worst thing you can imagine

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Nice and hot piss posted:

Well right now there's a massive shortage of healthcare providers on all spectrums (doctors, midlevels, ancillary staff etc). Even if we made healthcare affordable for everyone there's not going to be adequate staff to safely take care of everyone. That's still one of my huge pet peeves within the healthcare model is that we have massively bottlenecked ourselves to where we are having this massive outflow of providers either retiring, or leaving the workforce due to burnout, unsafe staffing conditions etc etc..

oh, I know, I left nursing years ago and went into healthcare IT, where I never get assaulted by patients and get paid way more. My sympathies still lie with bedside, but I honestly think there's less to squeeze/improve from there other than just having a better ratio of providers and staffing in general. Everything other than clinical care (admin/IT/billing/etc) is all hosed up and most of us could be fired and it would make the world better place.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

19 o'clock posted:

Matt Damon’ishly: uh oh

Fortune favors the bold.

Oh, and so does failure. Did I forget to mention that? Whoops, sorry.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I wonder if Amazon is just going to focus on just selling prescription drugs through tele-health?

Apr 7, 2003

Rushing around a hot, unventilated hospital to meet my 100 patients per hour quota

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrg-cvhXto

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

yeah worth remembering that the accident rates at Amazon delivery centers is like 2-3x higher than comparable distribution centers like ups, FedEx etc., and also way above injury rates for productive factory line jobs. They will destroy people in the name of throughput

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

nikosoft posted:

a single minded focus on the customer duh

Apr 7, 2003

My Amazon Doctor takes a thirty second break from telling me about my heart problems to piss in a bottle.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Paradoxish posted:

my ultra lib sister in law just interviewed for a ‘big data’ management position. 186k to manage the writing of technical docs for aws. no amount of ‘but they are ruining the world’ really matters to lib types

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
*Your Amazon health care package has shipped!*

*Your Amazon health care package was picked up by the carrier!*

*Your Amazon health care package has arrived in Albuquerque!*

*Your Amazon health care package has been delayed.*

*Something went wrong with your package. If you don't receive it after 3-5 days you can come back here for a refund.*

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I was just in the hospital for a kidney stone and saw doctors for like 30 seconds out of about 48 hours I was there. Not sure how you further optimize that.

I guess Amazon could have just had Peccy come in the screen in my room and said "PASS THE STONE BITCH" and still charged me thousands.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

I wonder if Amazon is just going to focus on just selling prescription drugs through tele-health?

lucrative but not lucrative enough

think discounted ivf but they secretly knock out a few genes and then you have to pay an annual subscription or your baby dies

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
New kidney: $50,000
Buy now with one click!

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Jel Shaker posted:

lucrative but not lucrative enough

think discounted ivf but they secretly knock out a few genes and then you have to pay an annual subscription or your baby dies

AKA The Lysine Contingency

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FlapYoJacks posted:

Buy now with one click!

*Available used from other sellers on Amazon starting at $49,999.88!*

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

nikosoft posted:

oh, I know, I left nursing years ago and went into healthcare IT, where I never get assaulted by patients and get paid way more. My sympathies still lie with bedside, but I honestly think there's less to squeeze/improve from there other than just having a better ratio of providers and staffing in general. Everything other than clinical care (admin/IT/billing/etc) is all hosed up and most of us could be fired and it would make the world better place.

I don't disagree one bit, but a large portion of the bloated healthcare system didn't syphon all of the healthcare providers and put them in non clinical roles. Some absolutely did (your case in point) but if we're looking at it from just a pure workforce issue, we don't have the staff, so now your sepsis admission is gonna cost a stupid amount and your nurse has 7 other patients so lol@getting your vanco on time or someone checking on you while you're sp02 drops to 85

Now the brokenness of why people pay a million dollars for a surgery to help pay for the bloated healthcare system? That I absolutely agree with you

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
you can almost see her salivating

https://twitter.com/KawsachunNews/status/1549834456353185797

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

We are such a supremely evil force in the world

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

meanolmrcloud posted:

my ultra lib sister in law just interviewed for a ‘big data’ management position. 186k to manage the writing of technical docs for aws. no amount of ‘but they are ruining the world’ really matters to lib types

i mean id absolutely take that job too. that is an insane amount of money and after youre a shell of a person due to overwork and burned out you can get a 120k job in state or local government where you do 20 minutes of work a day and just bullshit in meetings all day

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

meanolmrcloud posted:

wrong life can’t be lived rightly

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that sweet, sweet crude

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ammanas posted:

i mean id absolutely take that job too. that is an insane amount of money and after youre a shell of a person due to overwork and burned out you can get a 120k job in state or local government where you do 20 minutes of work a day and just bullshit in meetings all day

man i used to know a dude in the rave scene who was super proud to work at amazon

gently caress him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

which south american countries have light sweet crude? venezuela and colombia are mostly heavy sour producers afaik. brazil? those new offshore finds in guyana and suriname?

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

Buy now with one click!

New 2022 Kidney for Organ Metabolism Urine Adrenaline Blood. Healthy Body Part for Boys Men Women Girls

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

At my insistence, my wife has continued "working" at her soulless corporate WFH job while she accepted an offer at, and is now working for, a conservation organization. She'd initially planned on doing the whole two weeks thing, but decided to try, just... not quitting the other job.

She's put in about 30 minutes of work a day and is now two weeks into the new job while she continues to get paid by the old one. Her boss may finally be starting to notice that she is literally never available during the day, but she knows how to game the Salesforce dashboard to make it look like she's doing something. We're now up to four weeks of pay from the old job that she wouldn't have received if she'd played by the rules.

It's been quite disillusioning for her since she used to be the most productive member of the team and she still isn't the least productive despite doing almost nothing.