Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oldstench posted:

How lovely is the app?

Not bad, pretty light.

VegasGoat posted:

My only gripe with Amazon Games app is that it makes me login and solve annoying captcha every time, because I don’t have it set to auto start. I don’t really use it that often though, since who wants to actually play free games.

Mine doesn't do that thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
All of the DLC for the following games are now free on Origin due to the "Bioware Points" system used to purchase them being discontinued:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3 (excluding Multiplayer Packs)
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Kins posted:

All of the DLC for the following games are now free on Origin due to the "Bioware Points" system used to purchase them being discontinued:

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2

That's weird because after a certain point you could just buy the ME DLCs for actual money on Origin and not wacky bespoke Bioware points from their 2000s rear end website. Though I guess it's entirely plausible they had simply rigged something up to connect the two. Either way it's not like they'd be making much off of them now that Legendary Edition exists.

Okay look I'm mostly just irritated I jumped at the chance to get all of the ME DLCs that way, then EA announced the remaster, and now this. :argh:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Having just started my paid copy on Steam last night hopefully not.

It's a bizarre mixture of loss. Either it's a massive loss due to how tedious the game is so far, or it's no loss at all because it seems trite and dull.

Maneater is the dumbest poo poo in the best possible way. I'm cruising around near a seaside golf course, flopping out onto land occasionally in order to chomp people and pull them screaming into a water trap and devour them while Cyril Figgis narrates shark facts at me.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Kins posted:

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2

Well, time to claim me some *checks notes* Dragon Age 2 item packs :geno:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Kins posted:

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2

Still showing as having a pricetag, for me.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fuzz posted:

I can't even find the bloody things because Origin is such crap.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Did you try BOTH their launchers?

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Reminder for Epic freebies: Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Fuzz posted:

If I go to the "Extra Content" tab on the game in the Origin game library they show up there as free but not in the store. Weird.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Echo of the Wilds and Goon-made Interstellaria (by Coldrice) are free on IndieGala.

Echo of the Wilds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEk9VE1OVE

Intersellaria:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0gWHZeWo4

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
But are they good?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Interstellaria is neat but short and the difficulty is uneven.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Tannenberg and some free poo poo for some poo poo F2P game are free on EGS this week

Next week it's Lawn Mowing Simulator

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

repiv posted:

Next week it's Lawn Mowing Simulator

What a world we live in folks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
epic really scraping the bottom of the barrel now

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

site posted:

epic really scraping the bottom of the barrel now
Heyyyy, I like weird stuff like Lawn Mowing Simulator... I only think it sucks that it doesn't have your standard push mowers.
Just look at the buzz for Powerwash Simulator right now.

Of course, if you're referring to the Shop Titans free-to-play thing, then yeah.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Will lawnmower sim work with my driving rig? this is important

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

As a former greenskeeper, I look forward to finding unique ways to get the mowers stuck.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I can't believe I missed the Wonder Boy freebie from EGS. One of the first freebies I was looking forward to actually playing, and I just completely blanked on opening the launcher

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
FWIW you can grab it off their website like https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/lawn-mowing-simulator-838bf3 for next week.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Barrel Scraper 2022

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Not like any of us can afford houses and have lawns.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
You guise live in houses?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Zedd posted:

Not like any of us can afford houses and have lawns.
To be fair, lawns are hot garbage. Bad for the environment; bad for maintenance; bad for affordability.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think the point of a lawn is to have something that you need to constantly pour effort into to make it look even barely acceptable. It's a badge of I guess being able to spare that effort

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sounds lame.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

2house2fly posted:

I think the point of a lawn is to have something that you need to constantly pour effort into to make it look even barely acceptable. It's a badge of I guess being able to spare that effort

The human equivalent to a peacock tail. "look at how many resources i can invest into a completely worthless thing and still live! pay attention to me!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cool I get an extra chore and an expensive device I have to upkeep to do that chore.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

It's amazing how much Simpsons did first.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
As someone who has lived in flats for too long, I would love to have a little house with a fenced-in garden for my animals. These days, that should cost roughly 4.2 million dollars.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

2house2fly posted:

The only times I've lived somewhere with a lawn the only effort it took to make it nice was mowing it every two weeks. :shrug:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2house2fly posted:

If I ever have a lawn I'm uprooting it with moss or low grow no maintenance green. I brought up that point to my coworker and he likes mowing the lawn I guess because it gets him out of the house or away from his wife.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

2house2fly posted:

This isn't even true as people hire other people to take care of their lawn. At that point it's, "Look I can spare $20 every two weeks."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

as a lawnhaver I do enjoy attempting to get that perfect line pattern with the mower.

Really tweaks the ol ocd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I used to mow lawn for a living and I always found it pleasant work. Then again I was paid a salary according to CLA which I guess most lawn-mowers aren't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1552315588365586434?t=0Q5RoUBMD-zHijUGN-bH5w&s=19

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’ll yea that’s a good lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress yeah more Yakuza