Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

hes fat as gently caress and im not gonna shut up about it :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

im torn on the one hand I don't really give a gently caress about stav on the other hand its kind of fun and feels like the fanbase's logical next step for us to have an ex-cohost who we all poo poo on now. like that's part of the growing process, it seems disingenuous to ignore it

in truth we follow our host and friend, Adam Friedland, so whatever he says I'll go with

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

stump collector posted:

its time we put that alt right podcaster stavros behimd us

Message received. Loud and clear.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
i think it's weird that everyone's suddenly making GBS threads on him as if they always hated him, but never said anything while he was on the show, so for that reason i think it's stupid. however, i do encourage everyone to report on what nick passive aggressively says about him in each episode.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Oh man you should have seen the things people said about stav on the offsites lol

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I complained about him whining and being not funny for a few months before he left. I wasn't one of the people complaining about him before then though.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

rocking back and forth because people are still making fun of stav even though he’s not on the show anymore

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
if you search stavros halkias on facebook, you can see where restaurants have posted publicity photos with him lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i never visited them or the subreddit but that's what i've heard, that people were unironically making GBS threads on adam and stav for things nick said over the years

stav grated on me early on when i first started listening, then slowly grew on me like lots of other people. since covid started it's been weird though, and the strict one hour recordings seemed like they just weren't having fun. it's amazing how happy and creatively driven nick and adam seem to be, moreso than even at the very beginning

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Stav was never funny but he’s always been very fat

stump collector
May 28, 2007

i've heard of getting banned on reddit, but god drat, how many chinese buffets has he been banned from. this guy is a racist

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Him and his family should be harassed by the fan base for the next decade until he commits a very public hate crime

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I dont think i ever laughed at a joke stav made, he just riffed off of nick and especially adam, who I have always called the heart of the pod

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The offsites still do that child molester thing whenever Stav news goes mainstream which is funny but also kinda frightening

Didn't realize shane was a JP fan lmao but it makes sense

stump collector
May 28, 2007

alriught this poo poo's boring who cares

The shane, matt, and TAFS clip above rules, everybody have a listen

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
I mean it’s going to rule when stav eventually has a breakdown on like, some Rogan lackey’s podcast and he talks about how mean Nick was to him and how negative the podcast was for his health

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

slave to my cravings posted:

Him and his family should be harassed by the fan base for the next decade until he commits a very public hate crime

The Cumia Protocol

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I’d love to see a fake Fitness Log Cabin post making fun of Stav’s journey.

“Sorry guys, I had lost 30 pounds but then my dad was mean to me so I gain 40. But I promise next month I’ll be the 20,000 step bastard”

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
you guys are misremembering, stav said he was the 20 to 1000 step bastard

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
My gay post about Stav:
Stav made the show funnier by being the laugh track and was open to riffing with Nick, or going to cartoon dream to imagine levels that Nick could make fun of. Yeah, the past year or two we saw Stav disgruntled and unfunny, but the man was a part of some of the best bits.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Cocaine is Abel posted:

I mean it’s going to rule when stav eventually has a breakdown on like, some Rogan lackey’s podcast and he talks about how mean Nick was to him and how negative the podcast was for his health

Nick will be the one who breaks it first but in a much more calculated manner, then Stavros will have a big sad fat man whine and release how he feels to the public.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's 100% Stavros just didn't like Nick anymore or hanging out with him, that's what it boils down to, nothing else. Was it because of fat jokes? At least a bit.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
These posts don't seem to be about the Adam Friedland show but instead about some other, gayer, show.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.
Maybe he got another gig, maybe he didn’t. Sometimes it’s just time to move on. Sometimes you take too long on the lunch break, down at the river, way down low.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I seriously don't know how long Nick can last with this bit. Adam is getting quite cocky and stepping on Nick's jokes and there will come a point in time where Nick is going to lose it on him. Mark my words

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

sometimes you eat the pussy and buddy, sometimes the pussy eats you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CoolRanch posted:

My gay post about Stav:
Stav made the show funnier by being the laugh track and was open to riffing with Nick, or going to cartoon dream to imagine levels that Nick could make fun of. Yeah, the past year or two we saw Stav disgruntled and unfunny, but the man was a part of some of the best bits.

Don't earnest post in this thread OP.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

kolby posted:

I seriously don't know how long Nick can last with this bit. Adam is getting quite cocky and stepping on Nick's jokes and there will come a point in time where Nick is going to lose it on him. Mark my words

That’s the bit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the new studio is to muffle the gunfire

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

stav will be run out of the industry in six months because he threw a tantrum when presented with a single pork shoulder in the conan green room

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I don't hate him, it's just super funny to watch him attempt a complete 180 into trying to become a mainstream comedian. When he first started posting standup clips it was cool and I subscribed to him, but even before he left it was all starting to become samey. His channel is already beginning to repost old clips from a couple months ago except with a wacky thumbnail.

More importantly, TAFS achieving the kind of success Stav left the show to pursue would be incredibly hilarious which is why some of us are talking about it.

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
gotta resent stav in retrospect because of how much better the new show is. it's good to hear some enthusiasm again

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

WEH posted:

stav will be run out of the industry in six months because he threw a tantrum when presented with a single pork shoulder in the conan green room

you call fat man eating pork a tantrum? seems accurate

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Nick posting the standup clips seems more mocking Stavros than him trying to do something similar as well. It loving rules.

My body is ready for TAFS

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

bop bop perano posted:

i think it's weird that everyone's suddenly making GBS threads on him as if they always hated him, but never said anything while he was on the show, so for that reason i think it's stupid. however, i do encourage everyone to report on what nick passive aggressively says about him in each episode.

i mean I think before everybody assumed they all hated the show and were tired of doing it, so nobody really blamed stav in particular for being a drag. but obviously when the one guy leaves and the new show is dramatically better and it seems like the problem was actually just him it's going to color peoples perspective

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

yeah that’s absolutely a huge part of it for me, I figured they were all over it but seeing adam and nick doubling down and trying something new says a lot

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

WEH posted:

stav will be rolled out of the industry in six months because he threw a tantrum when presented with a single pork shoulder in the conan green room

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

sometimes you eat the pussy and buddy, sometimes the pussy eats you

Ain't that the fuckin truth brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

years ago (2017?) I was at a bar in DC and I didn't listen to the show yet but I knew Stav's laugh and I heard it from behind me

I went up to him to say hello and he seemed excited to get recognized and we shook hands but I was kind of drunk and I said "I'd know that dumbass laugh anywhere" and he promptly stormed out onto U St

I've felt bad about that for years