Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol @ greasefang combo still being legal in bo1 formats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toshimo posted:

I'm gonna need Blizzard to get on the ball with reprinting these: https://scryfall.com/@Toshimo/decks/cf93485c-c5d4-4ab9-b7e6-e7b3d627b3d0

That's a good broodmoth
And blasting station

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Toshimo posted:

I'm gonna need Blizzard to get on the ball with reprinting these: https://scryfall.com/@Toshimo/decks/cf93485c-c5d4-4ab9-b7e6-e7b3d627b3d0

immensely curious what decks you need Scryb Sprites and Abu Ja'far for

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lone Goat posted:

immensely curious what decks you need Scryb Sprites and Abu Ja'far for

sometimes, when you own a Beta or idk Traditional Chinese Black Bordered card you just wanna put it in a deck

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Toshimo posted:

I want them to print that elvish spirit guide into paper.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

actiblizz scoops up wotc, immediately shuts down mtg and sends mark rosewater to the CoD mines

World Of WoTCraft

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Captain Invictus posted:

actiblizz scoops up wotc, immediately shuts down mtg and sends mark rosewater to the CoD mines

An Overwatch or Diablo set would do numbers, honestly.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Overwatch you're on a distinct timeframe before Overwatch 2 comes out and kills the whole IP. Diablo set would just print all the loving monies.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Are there any websites that detail card definitions with high levels of specificity? Mostly looking at abilities and identifying exactly what types are what. ex: Goyf's Power and Toughness are increased through a Characteristic Defining Ability, Hullbreacher has a Static Ability that (I think) creates a Continuous Effect that creates a Replacement Effect when triggered by an opponent drawing a card. Neither Scryfall or Oracle (lol) seem to provide this information.

Edit: I've been approximating the information by looking at the source code for xMage but it's less than ideal.

Dr. Poz fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 21, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dr. Poz posted:

Are there any websites that detail card definitions with high levels of specificity? Mostly looking at abilities and identifying exactly what types are what. ex: Goyf's Power and Toughness are increased through a Characteristic Defining Ability, Hullbreacher has a Static Ability that (I think) creates a Continuous Effect that creates a Replacement Effect when triggered by an opponent drawing a card. Neither Scryfall or Oracle (lol) seem to provide this information.

Edit: I've been approximating the information by looking at the source code for xMage but it's less than ideal.

I don't know if any site that breaks down abilities by their component rules.
Is there something specific you're looking for?
An interaction you want to exploit?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

mcmagic posted:

lol @… …bo1 formats.

Agreed

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Jiro posted:

Overwatch you're on a distinct timeframe before Overwatch 2 comes out and kills the whole IP. Diablo set would just print all the loving monies.

People who want to gamble their money away on Diablo already have an outlet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol @ these legends boxes. kinda fishy, no?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

no

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Is the commander on that second deck the planeswalker Geyadrone Dihada?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Finally the Invoke Prejudice reprint certain uh, types, have been clamoring for.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Kalli posted:

Finally the Invoke Prejudice reprint certain uh, types, have been clamoring for.

they already said "some" cards will not be included.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
unique cards in the jumpstart product godDAMMIT wotc

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

:hmmyes:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Like theyre reprinting the set? I cant watch the stream

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

mandatory lesbian posted:

3% of Collector Boosters for Dominaria will have a Legends card in them

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Looks like Sheoldred's definitely going to show up

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's like the Zendikar treasures but collector pack only lol. What a grift.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/StarCityGames/status/1550238599886643204?s=20&t=k6CoK54_S0Rwl8H2bM7lCQ

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

They found old packs in a warehouse and including singles in 3% of collectors packs

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Come on man! This textless poo poo is getting out of hand. WotC is trolling me specifically.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

unique cards in the jumpstart product godDAMMIT wotc

AW WHAT? Goddamnit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Some of the Jumpstart packs are called Coalition something, I'm now sure that we're getting Domain back.

Planeshift 2.0 hell yeah.

(Also just loving reprint Chronicles.)

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I mean, what’s to stop Wizards just reprinting exact copies of old booster boxes for something like this? It wouldn’t be that expensive or difficult to do.

I think it’s more plausible that they just have a few bunkers somewhere filled with old boxes they can trot out on occasions like this, but they could potentially “find” old product to redistribute indefinitely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeinPanzer posted:

I mean, what’s to stop Wizards just reprinting exact copies of old booster boxes for something like this? It wouldn’t be that expensive or difficult to do.

I think it’s more plausible that they just have a few bunkers somewhere filled with old boxes they can trot out on occasions like this, but they could potentially “find” old product to redistribute indefinitely.

The Reserved List, which apparently there are actual legal barriers preventing them from reprinting

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Jaya looks strong. 1/1 prowess is a good +1, CA and dig is a fine -1. The -2 will seal up plenty of games where the Jaya player is ahead.

Temporal Firestorm seems generally worse than Burn Down the House even in the right colors.

Evolved Sleeper might be okay if you play a bunch of other 1 drops, otherwise I don't think it curves out well enough or is flexible enough. We're not in the Figure of Destiny era, creatures are much better now.

Llanowar Loamspeaker is interesting, it's a decently hard to remove version of the 2 drop mana creature that's probably a bit better than most of them lategame by permanently awakening lands to go wide.

Shivan Devastator also feels several years too late, I am not sold on the creature form of blaze. Maybe there's some sort of big mana red that wants it, but I'm very skeptical.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

AngryBooch posted:

Come on man! This textless poo poo is getting out of hand. WotC is trolling me specifically.

What is this ugly rear end 90’s computer animation art?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Reserved List, which apparently there are actual legal barriers preventing them from reprinting

Has it ever been established that there are actual legal barriers to reprinting from the reserved list? Is there any precedent for such a thing?

I mean, if Wizards has big warehouses full of old product that they dump on the market occasionally, what is the material difference to collectors? And how would they know?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Strong Sauce posted:

they already said "some" cards will not be included.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/lost-legends-2022-07-21

Additionally, not all cards from the original Legends set will be included. Due to some weird 1994 collation print runs, we simply didn't open certain cards despite opening case after case after case. These include.
Adventurers' Guildhouse
Arboria
Backdraft
Blight
Blue Mana Battery
Brine Hag
Cathedral of Serra
Cocoon
Deadfall
Eternal Warrior
Floral Spuzzem
Frost Giant
Great Defender
Green Mana Battery
Heaven's Gate
Hunding Gjornersen
Ivory Guardians
Kry Shield
Land Tax
Lord Magnus
Mana Drain
Marhault Elsdragon
Mountain Yeti
Presence of the Master
Princess Lucrezia
Puppet Master
Rabid Wombat
Radjan Spirit
Ramirez DePietro
Relic Bind
Sea Kings' Blessing
Seafarer's Quay
Seeker
Shimian Night Stalker
Silhouette
Sir Shandlar of Eberyn
Sivitri Scarzam
Spectral Cloak
Spirit Link
Sunastian Falconer
Takklemaggot
Tor Wauki
Undertow
Underworld Dreams
Unholy Citadel
Wall of Dust
Wall of Light
Wall of Putrid Flesh
Wall of Tombstones
White Mana Battery

Additionally, the following cards will not be included:
Alabaster Potion
Barbary Apes
Caverns of Despair
Cleanse
Craw Giant
Darkness
Flash Counter
Gwendlyn Di Corci
Imprison
Invoke Prejudice
Nether Void
Pradesh Gypsies
Pyrotechnics
Relic Barrier
Sylvan Library
Wall of Opposition

Edit:

https://twitter.com/DimirUB/status/1550235816341176325/photo/1

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Some of the Jumpstart packs are called Coalition something, I'm now sure that we're getting Domain back.

Planeshift 2.0 hell yeah.

(Also just loving reprint Chronicles.)

There's three cards in chronicles worth more than ten dollars, why would anyone want it reprinted? Is this another Abu Ja'far thing???

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

MeinPanzer posted:

Has it ever been established that there are actual legal barriers to reprinting from the reserved list? Is there any precedent for such a thing?

I mean, if Wizards has big warehouses full of old product that they dump on the market occasionally, what is the material difference to collectors? And how would they know?

No of course not. It's a corporate policy. Companies update their policies all the time.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AngryBooch posted:

rectal prolapse made flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeinPanzer posted:

https://twitter.com/Billtriesagain/status/1549500790917644288?s=20&t=y7zOWNyDInVBvaAZZrkmdg