Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope they announce more matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I hope they book a wild rear end tag team 4 way

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

We NEED a Six Man Scramble.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

blast0rama posted:

We NEED a Six Man Scramble.

"I need one Eli Everfly, one Shane Mercer, one Konosuke Takeshita, one Dragon Lee, one Starboy Charlie, and one Nick Wayne".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"I need one Eli Everfly, one Shane Mercer, one Konosuke Takeshita, one Dragon Lee, one Starboy Charlie, and one Nick Wayne".

If you're buying 6 I can also throw in the cartwheel boy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8jMBtB4dQ

This was extremely good. Especially the Yuta vs. Garcia sitdown.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Another example of ROH production feeling like it's even better than AEW, although they have the unfair advantage of ~2 decades of company history to play off of

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really appreciate that their ROH presentation is noticeably different than AEW's Road To episodes. The interview segments have a different framing and setup with simple black backgrounds, and cutting to guys like Riccaboni with a city background feel less big budget. The only time it feels like AEW is when they cut to dramatically shot AEW footage, but once they get it back off the ground they won't even have to anymore.

Question about Pure rules: If you locked someone up in a ropes move like Tajiri's Tarantula, it would be legal if they had already exhausted their 3 rope breaks. But if you did it when they still had rope breaks left, and then stopped it before the referee's 5 count, would that count as a rope break?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 20, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8jMBtB4dQ

This was extremely good. Especially the Yuta vs. Garcia sitdown.

Yutes and Garcia really sold me on wanting to kill each other.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Question about Pure rules: If you locked someone up in a ropes move like Tajiri's Tarantula, it would be legal if they had already exhausted their 3 rope breaks. But if you did it when they still had rope breaks left, and then stopped it before the referee's 5 count, would that count as a rope break?

First is questionable as the tarantula specifically has more of the body outside the ring than inside of it so it may be considered out of bounds. The ref won't be able to break it up but it probably doesn't count as a legal fall. The latter is true. Once the ref initiates a 5-count, it counts as a rope break

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sticklefifer posted:

I really appreciate that their ROH presentation is noticeably different than AEW's Road To episodes.

Yeah this is also why I like that Tony is keeping ROH and AEW separate instead of making ROH like... I dunno, AEW Ring of Honor. Let them have their own identities and styles, and have people cross over when it makes sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

First is questionable as the tarantula specifically has more of the body outside the ring than inside of it so it may be considered out of bounds. The ref won't be able to break it up but it probably doesn't count as a legal fall. The latter is true. Once the ref initiates a 5-count, it counts as a rope break
Does the out of bounds matter on a verbal submission though? In theory a wrestler could tell the ref they're done without their opponent touching them, surely, so the location of the opponent shouldn't matter?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Does the out of bounds matter on a verbal submission though? In theory a wrestler could tell the ref they're done without their opponent touching them, surely, so the location of the opponent shouldn't matter?

Garcia choked out Angels on the top turnbuckle on Dark in pure rules, so I'm not sure it'd matter

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

FTR / Briscoes 2 is now 2/3 falls

This is seriously one of the best promos I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g768IunwEd0

Lol Clase Azul Tequila Repo, some overpriced poo poo. Briscoes knew FTR could easily have sprung for the Anejo bottle, instead of cheaping out for the 180 regular Reposado GTFOuta here with that poo poo. Briscoes are true Tequila connoisseurs and aren't fooled by no fancy looking bottle. Tears of Llorona represent! :ese:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I get it, but I always preferred reposado anyway. Every anejo I ever tried just had too little flavor for me, including the Don Julio I way overpaid for once upon a time.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Walla posted:

I get it, but I always preferred reposado anyway. Every anejo I ever tried just had too little flavor for me, including the Don Julio I way overpaid for once upon a time.

Repos for me are the ones with too little smoothness and flavor. If I want a clean taste I'll go silver/blanco every time. Don Julio is a rip off, mostly, you want a really good smooth Repo or Anejo, look for Mandala tequila. Good lord is that some nectar of the Gods. T1 is also incredibly good, Tears of Llorona is their extra anejo, about five years old, best tequila I've ever had and sipped on. Good mid-range would be Chinaco, also one of the only tequilas not made or grown in Jalisco by special permit.

Lower tier but still excellent for shots or mixing look for Rejon (Reh-hon). Weirdly enough they have a NINE year extra anejo that can sometimes still be found for only 45 bucks. Rejon silver is an overproof at 88 really good when it's chilled you can't even tell it's stronger, makes for excellent margs.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks but I'm so sober these days. The only tequila I stuck with when I did drink was Milagro. Good, smooth and affordable. Plus you're not getting a large selection on the Mid Atlantic coast.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

Repos for me are the ones with too little smoothness and flavor. If I want a clean taste I'll go silver/blanco every time. Don Julio is a rip off, mostly, you want a really good smooth Repo or Anejo, look for Mandala tequila. Good lord is that some nectar of the Gods. T1 is also incredibly good, Tears of Llorona is their extra anejo, about five years old, best tequila I've ever had and sipped on. Good mid-range would be Chinaco, also one of the only tequilas not made or grown in Jalisco by special permit.

Lower tier but still excellent for shots or mixing look for Rejon (Reh-hon). Weirdly enough they have a NINE year extra anejo that can sometimes still be found for only 45 bucks. Rejon silver is an overproof at 88 really good when it's chilled you can't even tell it's stronger, makes for excellent margs.

Oh hey fellow tequila enjoyer! I remember you!

This is all good advice for other tequila enjoyers

Oh that reminds me. I tried the Rock's tequila, Teramana, and it's....fine. I guess he likes mescal too because it's a little smoky but not overly so. Above average but not amazing. I probably won't buy another bottle after this one is done but I don't regret the purchase

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That Yuta/Garcia sitdown was so dang good, they both got some killer lines in and it really drew out their shared history. They almost had me caring about Jay Lethal as well

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

That Yuta/Garcia sitdown was so dang good, they both got some killer lines in and it really drew out their shared history. They almost had me caring about Jay Lethal as well

Woah woah woah we don't want to go caring about Jay Lethal now do we?

I'm just here for Samoa Joe. That sit down was really really good and I like the distinct line ROH is making for itself in the types of interviews and builds. I really want Yuta or Garcia to win, or go for like two more matches cause that would be awesome.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh hey fellow tequila enjoyer! I remember you!

This is all good advice for other tequila enjoyers

Oh that reminds me. I tried the Rock's tequila, Teramana, and it's....fine. I guess he likes mescal too because it's a little smoky but not overly so. Above average but not amazing. I probably won't buy another bottle after this one is done but I don't regret the purchase

Hey what's up! I haven't been working at a liquor store for the better part of a year, thank you gods for remote IT work. Thank you for the compliment!

Yeah his tequila is...... mid. That's about it utterly forgettable.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday the last ROH ppv was loving awesome FTR/Briscoes 3 is going to tear the roof off.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 21, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1550170710869426178

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was hoping they’d come out on Dynamite when FTR were in the ring but this is ok too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I was hoping they’d come out on Dynamite when FTR were in the ring but this is ok too

so was I, I thought the FTR promo was a setup for them running in!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I am so insanely hyped for a ROH PPV!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

so was I, I thought the FTR promo was a setup for them running in!!

No it was a set up for The Briscoes winning in two straight and then rubbing it in Dax's face that his daughter is way tougher than he is.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
will the preshow be on youtube and/or posted there for later ?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Honor No More gonna sign new deals and come back to ROH as OK Maybe Honor Some More

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

No it was a set up for The Briscoes winning in two straight and then rubbing it in Dax's face that his daughter is way tougher than he is.

hahaha

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Honor No More gonna sign new deals and come back to ROH as OK Maybe Honor Some More

If Khan signs Matt Taven, he's officially too addicted to surprise debuts.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
To me one of Tony's biggest strengths as a promoter thus far is that he's by and large successfully avoided pushing "just a guy" wrestlers into positions of prominence, so I'd be interested to see if he can keep that up for a secondary promotion like ROH. Picking Gresham/Castle/Briscoes as the early holdovers from old ROH is an encouraging sign, but obviously they've got a ways to go in terms of roster construction.

That's probably the main barrier to entry for IMPACT in my eyes. At first I thought it was just a byproduct of the #3 company needing to make do with scraps, but at this point I think they've got enough good performers to put together a compelling main event scene and they're just not consistently making good choices about who they're putting at the top of the card. (To be fair, IMPACT seems like it's made some progress in that regard in recent months, but things still aren't where they'd need to be for me to be willing to watch anywhere close to on a weekly basis.)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sticklefifer posted:

And then We Have Honor At Home

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pinwiz11 posted:

And then We Have Honor At Home

That's just MLW :v:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

will the preshow be on youtube and/or posted there for later ?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1550216545279700992

looks like it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really freakin excited to go to the show tomorrow, hoping they don't have metal guardrail covers because I will be bummed that I only have second row and can't bang on them if they do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Really freakin excited to go to the show tomorrow, hoping they don't have metal guardrail covers because I will be bummed that I only have second row and can't bang on them if they do.

that's so cool you're going. are you bringing a sign???

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"It's me MassRafter" is the sign.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's so cool you're going. are you bringing a sign???

He's bringing "PSP GOONS WANT LUTHER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Guillermus posted:

He's bringing "PSP GOONS WANT LUTHER"

:hmmyes: