Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Landfill posted:

Noooo this is my worst fear :cry::cry:

Well you can relax, because it's good! You're free. I threw the rock at a passing car. Now I'm going to listen to some more episodes, probably for the next month at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
:hellyeah:

I lied, I totally wasn't worried because deep down I knew you would like it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I actually really like knowing the numbers but I'm also easily swayed by trends so I guess I'll check it out

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
New episode is a good one

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
*Surf rock plays, ominously*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Landfill posted:

I'd also say NeoScum and Rude Tales have very similar styles of humor that ranges from Very Dumb to Absolutely Unhinged (shout out to a Christmas-themed episode near the end of the arc).

Edit: In fact, here's the clips that absolutely won me over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNWeGMsz_48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjZY0PDinA

Neoscum's take on a lich was pretty... disturbing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This episode feels like a weird nightmare, and I mean that as a compliment.

Hell of a cliff hanger, I wish I had the will power to take a break from this show for a few months so I could then binge listen to a bunch of episodes in a row.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm glad that they included that post credits bit so I could know that the cast was as annoyed by the cutoff as I was.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I just tried to listen to the first episode of NeoScum, and if it bugs you when dms start describing camera movements and video editing, hoo boy

I barely tolerate it when branson does it, but he doesn't do it much and at least it's short

More than half the narration in the first episode is "and then the camera does this, and it fades to this, and blah blah blah

I tapped out when he interrupted a character's introduction scene to demand that the player include camera movements. Somebody please tell me if they cut that poo poo out later

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

For the most part it's just used to establish locations in the openings episodes

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I can't believe that bellow forgot his mom's birthday

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm so glad they are dispensing with the love triangle bullshit, at least for now. That poo poo was such a drag that I was starting to dread any mention of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

flavor.flv posted:

Okay, I just tried to listen to the first episode of NeoScum, and if it bugs you when dms start describing camera movements and video editing, hoo boy

I barely tolerate it when branson does it, but he doesn't do it much and at least it's short

More than half the narration in the first episode is "and then the camera does this, and it fades to this, and blah blah blah

I tapped out when he interrupted a character's introduction scene to demand that the player include camera movements. Somebody please tell me if they cut that poo poo out later

Yeah. Maybe you're just impatient.

Maybe both things.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I'm so glad they are dispensing with the love triangle bullshit, at least for now. That poo poo was such a drag that I was starting to dread any mention of it.

I’m glad that they seemed to have moved past it, it was definitely a bit of a drag. There is a chance that this leads to some drama in the future though.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

flavor.flv posted:

You can bet your biscuits that if there's something that you find annoying in Neoscum it will continue to happen at an exponentially increasing rate.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

New Oh These Those and it's a delight. Taylor, Ally and Carly firing on all cylinders as the Casketshowroom family.

The cold open is literally half of the episode because they can't stop riffing on each other. Joe is just kind of along for the ride.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it's so good

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it a cold open though or is it Joe just ditching his plan for the session and rolling with it?

Edit: brainfart

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 1, 2022

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Branson isn't on this episode :nailcare:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh no, who will break character every 30 seconds to laugh at Joe's jokes now??

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Since the moment he was born Branson has never broken character even for a second

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I think Taylor losing it is my favorite, what a Muttley-rear end laugh

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

COOL QUESTION, AINSLEY

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was so nervous that they were going to make fun of me

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Check out these cool cats that had way too much energy for a 10pm to Midnight live episode.

Ali does way more face acting than you might expect.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 6, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Those tickets advertised on their Twitter were for being there, not for some digital showing, right? I want to know if I should feel like a chump for missing out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Those tickets advertised on their Twitter were for being there, not for some digital showing, right? I want to know if I should feel like a chump for missing out.

It was a live in person show yes. There were two tickets available to be Kings. These cost millions of dollars* which gave you special seats, crowns, advertiser gifts, and two vuvuzelas. The vuvuzelas could be used at any time to cancel the last thing said.

Taylor Moore is ripped.

*canonically

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Post pics of the vuvuzelas

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Anyone still on the fence about listening to Dungeons and Daddies should really watch this animatic of a clip from the Sons & Sonsability bonus series they did on the patreon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9DC3tQf0o&ab_channel=AnnaOwenson

Beth May is a national treasure.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Yeah, well, I'm in an emotional place where I'm still struggling with the learning curve of polyamory and it really resonates with me!!! !! :sweatdrop:

(I also resonated with another recent character)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ignite Memories posted:

Yeah, well, I'm in an emotional place where I'm still struggling with the learning curve of polyamory and it really resonates with me!!! !! :sweatdrop:

Don't do what Albee did

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Don't do what Albee did

I agree, never meet your heroes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

Don't do what Albee did

Albee's only crime was being mean to Hot Roddy, a Christ like man who has done nothing wrong ever in his entire life.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hot Roddy fights for his friends and family.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

what a fantastic gimmick NPC, I miss him already

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i just started listening to this after being disappointed by TAZ and this show is very good and funny. wow!!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Stirf is a very good boy, you may not realize it now, but you will come to know in time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Warbird posted:

Stirf is a very good boy, you may not realize it now, but you will come to know in time.

I honestly couldn't tell you when the turn happened. I just suddenly got Stirfry, and I've loved him since.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Trofe posted a rough black and white animations months ago. Now it's finished, with color and backgrounds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkkWMCFSxQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

Trofe posted a rough black and white animations months ago. Now it's finished, with color and backgrounds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkkWMCFSxQ

oh my god this is just delightful