Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He's not my boss and my bosses don't care so he can just suckle mine freaking balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
where I work most people just buy a cable from the dollar store. otherwise you have to go through it and its not worth the hassle. they consider the cable part of the device so follow the same process as if you broke the phone.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Escape From Noise posted:

I guess the head chef is mad at me because I'm not working as hard as him. I mean...we have two different jobs. His work is directly affected by the number of customers, operating hours, etc. I can plan my poo poo out and because of our volume and capacity, there are days where I have very little or nothing to do. It's really cool to be asked about my shift meal with such contempt. I really try to stay out of the kitchen staff's way because I know that their job is difficult, but like...am I supposed to kiss rear end and self-flagellate over this poo poo? If all I have going on is showing our equipment supplier's clients around the brewery and stuff at around noon and a meeting with a client at a beer bar at 2, then why the gently caress would I show up at 9 like I usually do. If my bosses don't give a poo poo about when I show up and leave as long as I deliver on product, why wouldn't I take advantage of that poo poo? Especially after having several busy weeks in a row for the summer rush. gently caress offffffffffff!

Maybe you could use that time to drag a loving mop across the floor for a few seconds :smug:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I guess the head chef is mad at me because I'm not working as hard as him. I mean...we have two different jobs. His work is directly affected by the number of customers, operating hours, etc. I can plan my poo poo out and because of our volume and capacity, there are days where I have very little or nothing to do. It's really cool to be asked about my shift meal with such contempt. I really try to stay out of the kitchen staff's way because I know that their job is difficult, but like...am I supposed to kiss rear end and self-flagellate over this poo poo? If all I have going on is showing our equipment supplier's clients around the brewery and stuff at around noon and a meeting with a client at a beer bar at 2, then why the gently caress would I show up at 9 like I usually do. If my bosses don't give a poo poo about when I show up and leave as long as I deliver on product, why wouldn't I take advantage of that poo poo? Especially after having several busy weeks in a row for the summer rush. gently caress offffffffffff!

Show him the workday of a Scandianvian office worker and watch his head explode.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

champagne posting posted:

Show him the workday of a Scandianvian office worker and watch his head explode.

You think as a European he'd get this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Chefs are always mad.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You think as a European he'd get this.

You should spend all your free time hanging around the kitchen complaining about how bored you are and that there's nothing to do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
While touching things with your dirty hands.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Chefs are always mad.

This rings incredibly true. He's easily the most angry of the kitchen staff. I mean, I can be a dick sometimes but...gently caress.

McGavin posted:

You should spend all your free time hanging around the kitchen complaining about how bored you are and that there's nothing to do.

Dippin' my balls in the marinara.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

goatface posted:

Chefs are always mad.

TIL I might be better suited temperamentally to being a chef than an IT computer janitor.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

TIL I might be better suited temperamentally to being a chef than an IT computer janitor.

IT computer janitors are also always mad.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

McGavin posted:

IT computer janitors are also always mad.

It's just nice to know I have career options.

This probably also explains why my boss sometimes talks about starting a food truck...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

IT computer janitors are nowhere near as angry or coked up as chefs, it's night and day anger

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MrQwerty posted:

IT computer janitors are nowhere near as angry or coked up as chefs, it's night and day anger

Rings pretty true, all the IT folks I've worked with in the last 20 years or so either really like booze or weed. Also helped that we didn't deal with the same kinds of angry people that a restaurant would, plus we had paper trails if someone tried throwing us under the bus. If we had a particularly assholish end user that wouldn't let up, a quick meeting with their manager fixed that nearly every time (especially if said rear end in a top hat got fired, we had free reign to use them as an example for others). Even if the manager was just as stupid or stubborn as their underling, we could still get with my boss & the IT director above him to set them straight. Definitely a whole different beast environment & personality-wise.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Chefs don't get any less angry when you work more hours than them either, trust me. Even when I was working 100-hour weeks in Denmark the head chefs weren't any more understanding about me ducking in for a snack during a brief quiet moment.

Also, gently caress owners who've never worked in the industry they're in and think they know more than the lifers they hire. Right now the other brewer and I are fighting the owner who does all our ordering over him buying the wrong propagation of our hazy IPA yeast and it loving up our terminal gravities, and he refuses to believe either of us about these things making a difference. Dude, just because you've homebrewed a few times and pay the bills doesn't mean you know more than the two brewers with 28 years of combined experience and formal brewing education, gently caress off and accept our input on the things we need already, it's loving up beers that were meant to go to GABF.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
How many professional brewers are on the forums? Are you all secret brewers?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Liturgy of Zymurgy welcomes all

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Xlorp posted:

The Liturgy of Zymurgy welcomes all

I have "Zymurgatrix" on my business cards so that's a plus.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RocketMermaid posted:

Chefs don't get any less angry when you work more hours than them either, trust me. Even when I was working 100-hour weeks in Denmark the head chefs weren't any more understanding about me ducking in for a snack during a brief quiet moment.

Also, gently caress owners who've never worked in the industry they're in and think they know more than the lifers they hire. Right now the other brewer and I are fighting the owner who does all our ordering over him buying the wrong propagation of our hazy IPA yeast and it loving up our terminal gravities, and he refuses to believe either of us about these things making a difference. Dude, just because you've homebrewed a few times and pay the bills doesn't mean you know more than the two brewers with 28 years of combined experience and formal brewing education, gently caress off and accept our input on the things we need already, it's loving up beers that were meant to go to GABF.

Ah gently caress. That was the last place I worked. Except the owner hadn't homebrewed before and insisted our beer was done after like less than two weeks. Then demanded I figure out why our beer had diacetyl in it. He refused to believe me when I said we weren't letting the beer ferment long enough because we "did a diacetyl rest!".

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Outrail posted:

How many professional brewers are on the forums? Are you all secret brewers?

No. I do maintenance at a brewery, way different.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

goatface posted:

While touching things with your dirty hands.

And hiding the can openers.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007
There’s two of us brewers that mostly frequent TFR. I run a brewpub chain with three locations, each with a small brewery and a small production brewery, 30 bbl brew house with about 1000 bbls of fermentation. I mostly just lurk.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've been afraid to post itt because I'm starting to become the kind of person ruled by how lovely their job is and I'm afraid I won't stop if I start typing..

But I will try to control myself.

I work in a tattoo shop. I'm the piercer there, I apprenticed there. It's been 9 years since last Wednesday. My apprenticeship was kind of tough and as I have found out may have been artificially made a little longer. I was pretty broke but I worked my way up.

My boss is loving nuts. Like anyone in this twin industry is kinda weird anyway? But she's slowly revealed herself to be a complete loving head job, that I've just accidentally tied a rope around my ankle to.

So, ok. Covid hit here and almost immediately her housemate threw her out because he was hearing incredibly horrible things from his family in Wuhan. I think he still had some of her clothes.
She moved into the back room of the shop. We have a few months of lockdown and then I go back to work. She suddenly has some mild form of leukemia, she says she can no longer deal with some of the shop's day to day and makes me the manager (this is the only time she's ever called me this) but she offers me no extra pay. She says she absolutely cannot afford it.
I look at this homeless, cancer ridden woman who I do kinda owe a debt of gratitude to, I think about the shop having to close and me and our other artist losing our jobs and I panic and agree, and start one of the most poo poo summers of my life.
All the shop's day to day is mine; calls, stock, emails, social media, IT, sterilisation, cleaning plus the biggest rush on piercings I've ever seen.

We'd run out of clamps every day. I have to stop taking appointments after a certain time to clean or else I'd go home late.
We'd regularly run out of jewellery for appointments we've already booked because she ignores my stock counts. She'd forget to finish bookings correctly and I'd get double or even triple booked for some slots.
I wouldn't sit down from arriving in work til leaving. I was in full ppe gear, goggles, mask apron, gloves in an unventilated room in the middle of summer doin all this. It BLEW. I'm piercing lips and noses, under masks, before vaccines are a thing and I'm making GBS threads it the whole time.
All this set against her getting very comfy living in the shop and almost immediately letting it turn into a poo poo pile.

Managing itself was a nightmare too. The boss is very tight with money, for.. reasons. I think I'll mostly leave it at that for... reasons. But the long and the short of it is she hates me actually doing stock orders for anything because it means money moving and paper trails and so on and so all my actual managing is very carefully micromanaged and her card is very jealously kept hidden away and locked behind some 2 factor auth that she regularly forgets. Meanwhile I'm over here rationing out piercing needles.

And so I burned out. We came back in July and by September I was showing up for work late every single day. That was 2020, its slowly gotten worse. 2021 was a carbon copy of 2020 right up until she caught covid and tried to keep the shop open while she still lived there. We refused to. She got brain fog pretty bad from it, and things got worse!

I think I'll leave it there as like a part 1. There's... oh god there's so much more. I haven't even gotten to her stealing clients, or the cocaine landlord guy, or the boomer commune or the secret in store bdsm, but I dunno if any of that's on topic??

I have an interview lined up with a pretty nice shop in the city though, and I really hope I get it. I need to leave this part of my life behind.

poo poo I really hope I didn't post too much

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I mean, that all sounds like some dumb poo poo that your work did. Bring on the secret BDSM stories I say :getin:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

:justpost: IMHO

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

As an industry thing I really hate the recent trend of calling lagers "Crispy Bois".

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

As an industry thing I really hate the recent trend of calling lagers "Crispy Bois".

The gently caress?

That's it's that's the totality of my commentary. What the gently caress?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh I'll :justpost: alright

Stealing clients:
She's been using the fact that she lives in the place where our booking book lives as an excuse to take all the best bookings for herself. Alienating both of her employees in the process of course.
She'd be paid her cut for any of our work and our other artist charges considerably more than her so it might even only personally be a small loss on her part.
I regularly have to do the free aftercare follow ups for piercings she's done now too, of course. Our client base has shrunk this summer so this has only gotten worse.
I took an extra day in the week to try and cut her off from this and she suddenly won't answer any piercing inquiry we receive at all now.

The Pile
OK so she's also a hoarder. She will not throw things away. Now she lives in the shop. So that's gotten out of hand. I often throw poo poo out and find it sitting on a shelf later..
We own.. oh god OK all of this is true

• Dozens of cassettes and cds with no way to play them
  • A single Yogi Bear VHS and no way to play it
  • A Dell PC tower with no screen or cable or peripherals
  • At least 3 non functioning laptops
  • 2 or more old routers just in case
  • An air compressor I think?
  • 2 whole radiators that were removed from the walls 20 years ago
  • A wooden birdcage sans bird
  • 3 non functioning radios or speakers
  • A priceless antique Singer sewing machine that she has a radio on
  • a bin she kept leaving in the inside path of a door that I just OBLITERATED one day and replaced myself
  • THE ENTIRE FRONT AXEL OF A CAR THAT IS BOTH FOR THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD AND ALSO NOT FOR A CAR SHE OWNS
  • A bag of human hair I keep forgetting about and finding.

This contributes to the general displacement of The Pile but it is not The Pile itself. What is The Pile?

(pictured: The Pile)

So.. we have no rear entrance, or place to store rubbish, wheelie bin, dumpster. None of it. Its one of the few drawbacks of the building, can't be helped.
What perhaps could have been helped was the bosses strange anger towards the local bin company? She wouldn't pay for commercial pickups so had to rely on the residential version which she never figured out the schedule for and would basically wait to see if bags were on the street and then would have someone throw some bags out. It never worked though? None of it was collected and she got mad and insists it's easier to bring everything to the dump and recycling centre herself.
Except she doesn't. This stinks btw. You may note the needles stored in one corner and an ultrasonic cleaner in the other with the pile encroaching. I am deeply DEEPLY ashamed of The Pile, even though its out if my hands. I see The Pile and I feel deep disgust. The Pile is a danger to our clients. The Pile would get us shut down if there was actually any kind of health practices in this country (not America).
OK moving on.

The Cocaine Landlord
I wanna be vague about this but her lovelife is a mess of losers, idiots and catfish. Which is a shame. This guy seemed a lot better, they met before covid, he seemed stable and loaded, theyre both in their 50s. He owned some properties he let himself but Shoe oh he's a good landlord to his tenants.
She ignored work to text him a lot, which was cute I guess. Anyway, after she got sick he cheated on her and she started to mention random poo poo about him. He made her break covid travel restrictions and get 2 trains to meet him, his apts weren't exactly official and looked like shitholes. He stole the shop's drill for some reason.
Anyway the breakup got weird, something about him having to mail her underwear or something, I tried to blank it out. But it was at that point she decided to Google his name and found out about the 2 kg of Cocaine he had in his suitcase at the airport in the early 2000s

The Nuclear Option

As any business would, she's been threatened with legal action before. Usually it's the same person threatening us every time, for discrimination. For being banned from the shop for not paying for something, and then being double banned for threatening to kill someone. Last time she yelled "I'll get on to my solicitor about this!" I yelled back "Fuckin' do it, then!" and locked our door.
The boss, does not take these threats very well.
Her plan? Well she'll close the shop down and move city of course! That definitely works, and doesn't stress me out at all!!

Codependency

The boss cannot say no to a customer. She can say no to us as employees, as a boss but otherwise she can be talked into anything. She's in a thing for it and has at least identified it.
She overpromises a lot though, again to customers only. So if someone asks to slide 2 other people into a single booking she'll just let it happen. Constantly. And then it's up to everyone else to bend time and resources around that. Stressful.
She will also give anyone who asks a job with no real further input. Do we have the space for another person? Do we have enough clients to support another person? Don't matter, she'll have em come in.
I came in one day last year to find I had a new apprentice. There was no discussion about this, I was not offered anything to train this new person, I don't know if I'd still have this job if it had worked out or if I'd have been moved to like a proper paid managerial position or if it would have been up to 2 people to pierce in our one piercing area all week ughh.
We also had a new artist this year join the shop. Apparently his portfolio was real good. However he had come here from Portugal to be a kitchen porter and not a tattoo artist and so left his gear at home. No problem, he can just use my machines and gear for free!!
When was he going to fit in seeing as our extra space has a permanent artist in it all week and a guest at the weekend?
Oh she was going to open the shop an extra day of the week just for him, and maybe the guest's spot if she couldnt make it in. And he was gonna be left there unsupervised too for some reason. I was super burned out at this point so I left it. If he stole the til it was on her.
He came in for a test day or something one morning while I wasn't around and immediately hit on our other artist and made her feel super uncomfortable. I don't think the boss knows that.
Anyway he never got his day to tattoo. The boss decided it wasn't her job to tell him when to show up for work and declared it was our artist's job. So she would find out if our guest wasn't in on a Saturday and would tell the artist to call this guy to tell him there was a n open slot the next time SHE was in which was Tuesday so he'd have like 3 days to find a client for the day and he moved back to Portugal. I never met him... I actually don't know his name?
OK the flipside of this is if she fucks up and lets someone down she turns really quick. If she thinks she might be liable she gets even worse.
She once sat and shut down completely, utterly blanking me and and girl who had slipped and fallen down the stairs while I tried to help her. This woman is in the Order of Malta btw. I was asking her for an ice pack from her kit and she just sat and looked at the wall.
Later when she tried to sue us over this she declared that she had been instead beaten by her boyfriend and was trying to make some money off of it, he began to bring this up randomly to customers and repeat this accusation it was reallt hosed up.
I don't know what kind of fists leave 2 perfectly parallel welts across you back roughly the same distance as two pf our steps but...
Much later she accused a guy who'd let a lip piercing go really bad of having sucked too much dick, which is why she must never know I'm queer.

Yeah OK the BDSM in the shop thing

You know you're gonna write about something stupid when you have to first stop to say you're sex positive and you don't care what people are up to outside of work... of course when you blur the lines between home and work, when they align like some awful depressing eclipse.

Uh so she claims to be an incel currently? I dunno if she knows about the far right stuff inherent to being an incel but she claims it. She's also very quick to point out about aftercare and vetting and so on in the bdsm community, which is rad poo poo but its usually unprompted, and uh.. I never really thought about it until recently but I guess she wanted someone to ask her about it. Not me though, I don't wanna know.

Except now I do. Now the whole shop knows, now some of our clients know.
She's been using.. ok so we have 2 shop emails, one is her ancient one from 20 years ago on yahoo that's a mess and no one can access properly which lead to our new one for the public and stuff to contact us. Didn't stop her from signing up for stuff and buying toys on BOTH ACCOUNTS. I get sent the receipts. On my phone. I actually get Lovehoney push notifications.

She's been having computer issues lately. A lot of them. She keeps resetting all our passwords and we can't do thing like use the cash machine or access emails. I've been trying to sort it all week. But she told(?) the artist she's been constantly trying to delete her search history and I guess Opera deletes all your saved passwords when you do too?
Huge gently caress up this week over it. Led to a late payment, late shipment. I'll miss out on money this month or next because she was using our work computer for porn or somethin.
The folder on the desktop with all the copies of our forms and info sheets disappeared last month again. She accidentally deleted it. Again. So I into the recycle bin I went and found it. Along with some .APK files for the Fetlife app. I wish I hadn't seen it!
Now look, I don't know why she grabbed an apk instead of going onto Google play and downloading it. Someone would have seen it when we needed her phone to 2 factor something anyway. But there it is. Background to the secret in store BDSM.

So our Artist's cousin is on Fetlife, I'm not so I dunno if it let's you filter by area or what, perhaps its just a huge coincidence?? But she's scrolling one night when she recognises a picture. Apparently it took her a second, like first she saw a tattoo she recognised and then recognised the room and then looked over this person's shoulder to our perfectly illuminated shop name painted in our window next to this middle aged woman who has all our bosses tattoos. I dunno who this mystery woman is, no one can say, because her head is cleverly cropped out of the photos but whoever has been breaking into the shop to stage amateur bondage photoshoots should probably do it in a room that hundreds of people see every month.

Ugh I wrote way too much. I've not been sleeping because of anxiety, I have attacks before I sleep now and when on my way to work. So bitching about the source of it all morning instead of sleeping is at least cathartic. I'm sorry if it's sooooo much. But hopefully someone enjoys my storys of working for a complete nut job??

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

edit: heck yes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

holy dang

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

The gently caress?

That's it's that's the totality of my commentary. What the gently caress?

Yeah. It's loving stupid and I hate it.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

blatman posted:

holy dang

Concur.
Thread's worth of content in that post.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I finally had time to really take in that whole post and :holymoley:

I hope you can GTFO and find something better soon OP!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Its a situation that sometimes I can only look at in tiny pieces, because lookin at all of it makes me freak out. I'm supposed to have a zoom interview with someone soon in a different shop, they keep getting busy though, so hopefully by the time we talk I'm not a nervous wreak. I'm currently in with a single appointment scheduled for 5pm today which means I'm stuck just waiting for it all day. I might try reschedule.. But I'll leave you with this brain teaser.

If she lives in the non-residential back room of a shop, where do you suppose she showers??

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
God drat I love this thread.

Oh and this might be a silly idea but you should quit your job and :sever: from this dumpster fire masquerading as a human being asap and never, ever have any contact with them again.

E: There are a lot of options to get clean available to functional human beings, but lol. So either she never showers or she's breaking into your place while you're at work.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 22, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

How 2 get clean w/ no shower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJSWy2o_1I

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Shoehead posted:

If she lives in the non-residential back room of a shop, where do you suppose she showers??

How often does it rain there?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Me! posted:

She keeps resetting all our passwords and we can't do thing like use the cash machine or access emails. I've been trying to sort it all week. But she told(?) the artist she's been constantly trying to delete her search history and I guess Opera deletes all your saved passwords when you do too?

She insists on paying everyone in cash so there isn't a paper trail. None of us can get loans. To remedy this she decided we could have SOME bank transfers as a treat and sends the pair of us €100 of whatever we've made each week to our accounts. We still cannot get loans. Sometimes, she forgets to do this. Today, she has forgotten her bank password.

I spoke to someone in another shop today at lunch, I have an interview on Monday and possibly a trial day coming up. I cannot WAIT

Also to answer my shower question, she used to go to a gym and would use their shower (not bad) now its apparently a bucket, I'm not supposed to know this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shoehead posted:

She insists on paying everyone in cash so there isn't a paper trail. None of us can get loans. To remedy this she decided we could have SOME bank transfers as a treat and sends the pair of us €100 of whatever we've made each week to our accounts. We still cannot get loans. Sometimes, she forgets to do this. Today, she has forgotten her bank password.

I spoke to someone in another shop today at lunch, I have an interview on Monday and possibly a trial day coming up. I cannot WAIT

Also to answer my shower question, she used to go to a gym and would use their shower (not bad) now its apparently a bucket, I'm not supposed to know this

i fuckin' hope you nail the interview and get the job because holy dang