Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Feeling good about this!

Wordle 397 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Luvcow posted:

I started with "steam" but I've gotten some plurals so I switched. The most recent I can remember was "tests" which was kind of tricky with the two repeating letters. I play the daily puzzle and if I have time I do the classic version

It’s completely immaterial since either way there can be an “s” on the end, but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t actually a plural word and was instead the present tense of the verb “to test.” Just mentioning in case that helps narrow down future guesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Wordle 397 5/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stumbled my way through this one

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

kaom posted:

Feeling good about this!

Wordle 397 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It’s completely immaterial since either way there can be an “s” on the end, but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t actually a plural word and was instead the present tense of the verb “to test.” Just mentioning in case that helps narrow down future guesses.

never thought of it that way, ty

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wordle 397 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was pretty random, I did not think it was going to be correct.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Luvcow posted:

I started with "steam" but I've gotten some plurals so I switched. The most recent I can remember was "tests" which was kind of tricky with the two repeating letters. I play the daily puzzle and if I have time I do the classic version

Which game is this referring to? I think you may be playing a different thing, the results people post itt are from the original (now NYT) Wordle which does not have plurals or any kind of "classic" vs "daily" choice: https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Gadzuko posted:

Which game is this referring to? I think you may be playing a different thing, the results people post itt are from the original (now NYT) Wordle which does not have plurals or any kind of "classic" vs "daily" choice: https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

yeah I downloaded it on a work iPad so not sure. The "classic" lets you play unlimited games and you tally points as you go but I do the daily first, which is I guess is the original. As another poster said the "tests" that I'm remembering probably is a verb not a plural and now I'm rethinking my strategy.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Luvcow posted:

yeah I downloaded it on a work iPad so not sure. The "classic" lets you play unlimited games and you tally points as you go but I do the daily first, which is I guess is the original. As another poster said the "tests" that I'm remembering probably is a verb not a plural and now I'm rethinking my strategy.

Nah that's something else, Wordle is not an app you can download. A bunch of people made ripoffs but they have nothing to do with the original. Any advice you get here is not going to apply to that.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Gadzuko posted:

Nah that's something else, Wordle is not an app you can download. A bunch of people made ripoffs but they have nothing to do with the original. Any advice you get here is not going to apply to that.

no poo poo, that's actually kind of awesome because now there's another version (the real one) that I can play, ty

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I solved today's Redactle (#106) in 22 guesses with an accuracy of 81.82%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

figured out it was a family of fish also known as carp but had to Google the actual article title word which I’d have never figured out

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Luvcow posted:

no poo poo, that's actually kind of awesome because now there's another version (the real one) that I can play, ty

There’s also a few wordle archives if you want to catch up from the beginning

https://wordlearchive.com/

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Wordle 398 4/6*

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Somehow I made all the right word choices to make this one easy.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Wordle 398 4/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Wordle 398 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Are you ever supposed to get Redactles without Googling? I mean, I've only gotten a handful without. I hate this game that makes me angry but I can't stop. All the wordle-type ones are too easy but Redactle makes me feel dumb and angry every time.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Flora Finching posted:

Are you ever supposed to get Redactles without Googling? I mean, I've only gotten a handful without. I hate this game that makes me angry but I can't stop. All the wordle-type ones are too easy but Redactle makes me feel dumb and angry every time.

I had to Google the Redactle today because even though I’d figured out exactly what is was there was no way I’d get the subject word. Sometimes they’re just poorly chosen articles (or random? Not sure how it works on their end)

cnut
May 3, 2016

Wordle 398 5/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wordle 398 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Should have been a three. Assholes.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Wordle 398 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is where eliminating all the (usual) vowels really pays off

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lol come on

Wordle 398 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#Worldle #182 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Wordle 398 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to stare at this one for a while. 3 and 4 were bad guesses but I couldn't see it.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Wordle 398 4/6

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Odd one

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Yeah!

Wordle 398 3/6*

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I solved today's Redactle (#106) in 39 guesses with an accuracy of 64.10%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Daily Dordle 0179 6&3/7
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

Daily Quordle 179
7️⃣5️⃣
9️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜ 🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Pookah fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 22, 2022

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Wordle 398 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Haven’t had a three in a while.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wordle 398 5/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Humm.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

drat I need to stop swinging so wildly on Worldle

#Worldle #182 X/6 (98%)
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛⬅️
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛↖️
🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Wordle 398 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Wordle 398 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Honestly one of the most annoying ones I have encountered...

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wordle 398 6/6*

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

middle column was five vowel guesses in a row

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Wordle 398 5/6*

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

whatever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wordle 398 5/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 179
6️⃣🟥
3️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟨⬜🟨🟩🟨

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Wordle 398 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Wordle 398 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Almost lived the 2 guess dream

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Not impressive by any means, but I’m all right with this!

Wordle 398 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wordle 398 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I solved Redactle Unlimited in 11 guesses and 5 minutes with an accuracy of 90.91%. Play at https://redactle-unlimited.com/#article/TmF0aW9uYWxfRm9vdGJhbGxfTGVhZ3Vl

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Finally a quick one

I solved today's Redactle (#107) in 5 guesses with an accuracy of 100.00%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Wordle 399 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good old four.

Warning. Spoiler.

I'm not sure how this word is supposed to be pronounced. I've heard it said a few different ways around here.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

lol loving hell

Wordle 399 6/6*

🟨⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

cnut
May 3, 2016