Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sgt Slaughter is up at Pulse

https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-sgt-slaughter-action-figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Star Wars The Black Series Boba Fett (In Disguise) is up on Hasbro Pulse UK.

It doesn't show up when you do an ordinary search, but here's the link;

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/collections/sdcc2022/products/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-in-disguise

It added to my cart OK, but I don't want it, so didn't complete the purchase - so it still might not go though if you try.

Am hoping Dr Mindbender will be up on the main Hasbro Pulse UK SDCC page later:

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/collections/sdcc2022

CaptainN fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 21, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think they look decent :shrug:

I’ll probably pick up Spock, Riker, Burnham, and Saru.

I just wish they were current uniform Burnham and Saru.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I just wish they were current uniform Burnham and Saru.

Yeah, that’s kind of a bummer. I’m assuming it’s because these were sculpted over a year ago and CBS hadn’t given them any info on the new unis.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress square enix

https://twitter.com/oinoya/status/1549924071634341889?s=21&t=xMfEeDuzuMiEuKEPDQAAeQ

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

I crack up every time I think about them effectively selling Lara Croft in a garage sale so they can spend the proceeds on NFT horseshit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

ToyArk has some more detailed pictures and yeeeah, they look like Playmates quality garbage. Spock and Picard look especially horrible.

https://news.toyark.com/2022/07/21/sdcc-2022-diamond-comic-con-booth-images-475961

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ended up pre-ordering the Zord Ascension Project MegaZord and DragonZords from BBTS. I can't really tell if they're gonna be good or bad, but I have a small amount of time to decide, and I have the original MMPR MegaZord and DragonZord on display right now, so I'd kind of maybe like to swap them out for these. My fear is that they look a little cheap--not as big as the originals, but much more posable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An NFT of a PNG of a certificate of authenticity for an actual physical item you can individually own.

Amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Picard looks like shinzon lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I mean they’re mass market figures that’ll probably retail for less than $15 each and they’re more or less in keeping with the old 90s styling :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Playmates, they probably ARE using those molds.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I need articulation, dammit. That Riker can't even do the Riker sit.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just an amazing toy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Is that a Fortnite figure?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Cloks posted:

Is that a Fortnite figure?

It is. The non-human ones from that line are all great. I have a pancake Cowboy on the shelf behind me.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I know nothing about Fortnite but I bought "Lynx" - which is basically robot Catwoman - just because it's a cool toy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mezco has made choices that anger and confuse me

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I know nothing about Fortnite but I bought "Lynx" - which is basically robot Catwoman - just because it's a cool toy.

I did the same thing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie, I am tempted by the giant cat dude who has a weight bench for an accessory.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not gonna lie, I am tempted by the giant cat dude who has a weight bench for an accessory.

Meowscles! Also same.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Mr. Meowscles Shadow Variant is the only Fortnite figure I have and I love it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/337387363825090562/999867223202082878/Screenshot_20220721-223517_Instagram.jpg

This is dumb.

This is bad and dumb.

Holy poo poo please no.

I am so sorry but this is not good. It looks okay but when you think about it and how this is going to work, this is a headache of a figure. I bet it's going to cost a fortune too. You're better off getting one of those Microman Godzilla figures- you'd have the same posibility.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I can't really express too much of an opinion there cause I'm not a big Godzilla fan anyway and would never buy an expensive premium Godzilla regardless, but a huge fat rubber figure with hidden skeleton articulation does seem like a pain in the rear end to deal with. Maybe they will surprise us all with totally brilliant engineering though, so I'll kinda reserve judgment there.

Mezco in general has gone down a road I couldn't follow for a really long time now. They used to be my favorite toy company, like their Hellboy comics figures were some of the best toys ever made in my opinion, and they did an awesome job with hand-sculpted caricatures of real people in lines like Miami Vice. Everything they made had such a cool handmade look. Each figure was a little work of art, but they still sold for pretty normal retail prices. When they pivoted to super high end luxury collectibles I really lost interest, especially since they leaned so hard into the concept of cloth outfits on 6" figures which I hate. I mean I don't usually like cloth outfits on 12" figures either, too fiddly and fragile and fabric just doesn't scale down well, it's not my thing. Cloth capes or robes are good, sure, but like a skintight bodysuit on a little action figure is just obnoxious. And an actual scaled-down rubber Godzilla suit definitely seems even worse.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't super matter what the engineering on the inner skeleton is going to be like sadly- this is a thick rubber suit and you're basically going to have to deform it in any pose you have it in.

Which means it's going to wear out the rubber pretty quickly and look bad doing it. You can tell with the arms already- they're so baggy and look so awkward, it's like a sweater made of latex.

At that point, you really are better off getting an Xplus or some other statue. The Super7 prototype was shown off, and while I still don't like the articulation lines in the sculpt, notably the waist, it otherwise looks really solid, much better than the render we were shown. It looks more proportionate than the Mezco because they're not having to design around an inner skeleton, as well.

It's such a weird choice.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Thinking a little on the MOTU reveals so far at SDCC and I was struck by the thought that they are already diving deeper into Princess of Power with Masterverse than they have in years of Origins. We literally just got a single character, She-Ra herself, way back in wave 2, and then nothing in all the time since. (Of course there was limited edition She-Ra with rooted hair, which is great, but that's still just one character.) They're going crazy doing all kinds of obscure characters in Origins, New Adventures, the Netflix show, the whole Sun Man supporting cast, the whole Horde (who were from the She-Ra cartoon), every vehicle, loving Eternia! ...but we don't even have Catra yet in Origins? Or Bow? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased as punch we're getting Catra and Frosta along with deluxe She-Ra in Masterverse, I'm excited about those, but they're definitely more Filmation-inspired designs, and personally I have a lot of fondness specifically for the PoP toy line. They were really groundbreaking, unique, and beautiful toys. So I'm wondering why they have shied away so much from doing more toy-inspired Princess of Power throwbacks. Not even a second character after two years? It's getting to the point where it's weird.

Are they waiting for the 40th anniversary of She-Ra? Are they secretly planning a whole Princess of Power Origins throwback line on pink cards for the Barbie aisle, complete with the Crystal Castle? Obviously that would rule, and I would love it, and I'd buy a full set for me and a full set for my daughter the minute they dropped... but I'm not really holding my breath for that. I would be happy just to get, like, the core cast? At least a Swift Wind for She-Ra to ride!

Come on, Mattel! One horse!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have plenty of rubber figures that don’t deform if you pose him

Godzilla isn’t dynamic anyway so it’ll be fine

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I have plenty of rubber figures that don’t deform if you pose him

Godzilla isn’t dynamic anyway so it’ll be fine

Not quite the same as this

Also it just looks *bad*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks like Godzilla to me lol idk

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

It looks like Godzilla to me lol idk

:same:

Like, isn’t that just how OG Godzillas mostly looked? Some chonky rubbery dude?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tomorrow I'll write up a thing on it.

For now what I'll say is, this is not going to be worth the triple digit price point it's asking for.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks fine. I’d be more upset we’re still getting Heisei characters. Grab Showa already!!! Dig deep!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Burkion posted:

Tomorrow I'll write up a thing on it.

For now what I'll say is, this is not going to be worth the triple digit price point it's asking for.

100% agree. It just has enough details off about it that it doesn't look right. Maybe the joints will be refined a bit too or maybe I'm seeing things but they look a bit unsightly hidden the rubber.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rhyno posted:

It's Playmates, they probably ARE using those molds.

They aren't, look at the crotch

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burkion posted:

Not quite the same as this

Also it just looks *bad*

Okay I'm going to be real with you here: Godzilla toys always look bad.

Godzilla looks bad. Like... I thought that's why you guys like it? The nostalgia of his stupid doofus face and fat, waddling rear end that can barely move.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Godzilla typically isn't depicted with sleeves.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Still going to do a write up to try and articulate what the problems are, but I'll also say- if you're not a Godzilla fan, it may not make sense.

But if you are, it does.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I'm interested in the details of what's wrong. I have several skullbrain/godzilla friends who know this kind of stuff and it's fascinating because it's such a crossover between moviebuffs and toy fans. It's not like this stuff is priced at $20-30

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Godzilla typically isn't depicted with sleeves.

Now he can roll them up when poo poo gets serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite posted:

Okay I'm going to be real with you here: Godzilla toys always look bad.

Godzilla looks bad. Like... I thought that's why you guys like it? The nostalgia of his stupid doofus face and fat, waddling rear end that can barely move.

Gonna have to disagree here. The Godzilla suits are beautiful and legit works of art. Sure, the movies are generally cheesy fun but the designs were never bad.