Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I was going to start my then 3yr old on a balance bike but then she saw an older girl with pedals and training wheels and immediately rejected the balance bike so I had to improvise.

I knew that I would be carrying heavy bikes back home so I ended up getting some ultra light bike but the problem was that I couldn’t fit training wheels so I convinced her to just ride with the pedals off . about a day passed where she was gliding around and had no problems balancing. I thought we’d be on pedals in no time…

now 2 years later I finally convinced her to put the pedals on and I would be there to help. she was watching a lot of Pokémon at the time so she repeated to herself about “training” and whatever . so after an hour of bit by bit of me holding onto the seat and taking my hands off and on her back, she went off by herself on pedals. the bike is now a little small but I’m in no hurry to upgrade until after winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My four year old, triumphant after squashing a bug: "I didn't like it and now it's dead!"

:stare:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My four year old, triumphant after squashing a bug: "I didn't like it and now it's dead!"

:stare:

Somehow reminds me there was a kid who bullied me in kindergarten and he got run over by an 18 wheeler halfway through the school year.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ikanreed posted:

Somehow reminds me there was a kid who bullied me in kindergarten and he got run over by an 18 wheeler halfway through the school year.

the gently caress

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ikanreed posted:

:chloe:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ikanreed posted:

Did you have a similar reaction?

Toddlers are terrible with the concept of death

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ikanreed posted:

what da gently caress

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ikanreed posted:

uhhhh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ikanreed posted:

very cool and normal dude :waycool:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

ikanreed posted:

:crossarms:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
he never said the kid died

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

just implied it

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

kindergartener run over by an 18 wheeler, very gently

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

typical bully behavior

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
driving home today, my 7 year old son says out of the blue

"hey dad, wanna know why girls have boobs?"

"yes buddy, i absolutely need you to tell me right now, why girls have boobs"

"its cause they yell so much"

"...what?"

"yea they need the extra space to yell so much in their boobs"

"...what?"

"well the boobs are connected to their lungs so they have more room"

"ok so your telling me that girls have boobs because they need the extra room in their lungs for more air, so they yell louder and longer"

"yes"

"and where did you learn that?"

"in school, of course"

"uh huh and did a teacher tell you that?"

"no it was another kid...Grayson told me"

"ok well thank you and thank Grayson for me, for teaching me that girls need boobs so they can hold more air in their lungs to yell more, i never knew that and I learned something today"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

very funny with toddlers who haven't mastered language yet

it's mine

okay, so this is yours?

no it's mine!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

"hey dad, wanna know why girls have boobs?"

show your kid those cool birds that have inflating chests :woop:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

lobster shirt posted:

very funny with toddlers who haven't mastered language yet

it's mine

okay, so this is yours?

no it's mine!

That period when they can talk but still have toddler logic is one of my favourite developmental times.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Lmao my four year old is reading quietly to herself after bedtime while giggling like she's getting away with something.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Teach her that eating vegetables is naughty

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

That's a given. Forbidden vegetables are on my plate and specifically "not for kids" so she gleefully steals them when I'm "not looking."

In retrospect my parenting style is benevolent deceit.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
3yo got her second covid shot today, hooray

Looks like only 400 courses of the monkeypox vaccine were sent to Washington so far, not hooray

jesus loving christ

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

3yo got her second covid shot today, hooray

Looks like only 400 courses of the monkeypox vaccine were sent to Washington so far, not hooray

jesus loving christ

Nice job! Ours get their second doses in 2 weeks. I keep complaining about it but I'm really anxious because I had a horrible reaction to my second moderna shot. I hope your daughter is doing well!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thanks! Yeah she's doing very well. Just some complaints about the waiting and the shot itself but otherwise fine (she's always been surprisingly good about needles)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Good news: son tested negative on our trip for COVID!!

Bad news: positive for strep lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kid got her first COVID shot Saturday, hell yeah

loving CVS came through but not my pediatrician, what the gently caress

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Good soup! posted:

Sounds like a victory of capitalism :grin:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

My wife is teaching the kid that pee is not stored in the balls. One of us is clearly failing at parenting.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Good soup! posted:

How's she doing with it?

I get super anxious when I see these posts because I hate watching my own kids get shots!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

How's she doing with it?

I get super anxious when I see these posts because I hate watching my own kids get shots!

My 2, 4 and 6 yos have had all their shots and they're all fine, basically nothing happened.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I got my 3yo vaxxed and my cell phone reception has never been better

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Greg Legg posted:

How's she doing with it?

my daughter has become the Terminator with shots lately. she had blood taken last week and was just stone-cold throughout the whole thing, and seemed to be both fascinated and somewhat annoyed by the end of it

same way with the covid shot, and this was a girl who just a year ago had a head that was going to explode from her other shots lol

she is loving her swim lessons now and is infatuated with pointing out "mama" and "dada" again and again and is beginning to string together words. she hates super loud beeping and roaring like most kids, I guess, and anything she doesnt want to see or deal with gets a firm "bye bye" and a wave. whenever she spots the smoke detectors around the house, she gives a nervous "BYE BEEP" and a little wave and sometimes repeats herself.

anytime she sees herself in the smartphone, she just gets super excited and opens her mouth wide and makes this yelling face without making any noise and it loving kills me every time

I am guilty of teasing her just once so far, and that's when she was standing on a chair watching her mom cook, she did not want to be moved. I wanted to pick her up so I went "come here, little soup, I missed ya" and put my hands on her and she just lets out an earth-shattering scream, but with no tears or any real super upset look on her face. I repeated this a few times more so it was just a cycle of me going "come on let me see ya", a cry from hell, silence, "come on let me see ya," etc etc until my wife finally gave the annoyed ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

she knows what hugs are though, for one of the first times ever I asked for a hug when she asked for a graham cracker, and she just opened her arms up and fell into my chest and god drat i love this little runny nosed pooping monster

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Good soup! posted:

my daughter has become the Terminator with shots lately. she had blood taken last week and was just stone-cold throughout the whole thing, and seemed to be both fascinated and somewhat annoyed by the end of it

same way with the covid shot, and this was a girl who just a year ago had a head that was going to explode from her other shots lol

Funny you mention this because I was wondering, what age is it appropriate to watch movies like Terminator 2? I know I was in second grade when I saw it.

Also, my the rest of your post was really fun to read. I'm glad there were no issues with the shots! You are a good parent Good Soup! It sounds like you're loving it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Good soup! posted:

anytime she sees herself in the smartphone, she just gets super excited and opens her mouth wide and makes this yelling face without making any noise and it loving kills me every time

My niece and nephew are like this too, minus the quiet. He still loves looking in the mirror sitting on the lower wall in my parent's room too. :3:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Greg Legg posted:

Funny you mention this because I was wondering, what age is it appropriate to watch movies like Terminator 2? I know I was in second grade when I saw it.

Also, my the rest of your post was really fun to read. I'm glad there were no issues with the shots! You are a good parent Good Soup! It sounds like you're loving it.

Haha thanks, I never thought it was possible to love something as much as I love this little menace, but she is amazing and surprises me every day

She just moved up to the toddlers room at daycare and is in a bit of an adjustment period as she loved her last room, but whenever we go and pick her up she is all smiles and they tell us how sweet she is

I just wish she would nap longer at home like she does there, not even their magic trick or soft music and reading and such works, drat it kid, go to sleep, we are trying to save you from yourself :arghfist:

BUT she sleeps through the night without any issues and is a heavy sleeper, so I'm aware of that privilege

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we just had the 20 week ultrasound, hope the doctor has good news for us on monday!!!

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
It's weird to me that you don't just get the results right away. Is this an American thing?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Struensee posted:

It's weird to me that you don't just get the results right away. Is this an American thing?

normally you do . they show you the picture during the appointment and b usually print you some. sometimes the bits aren’t clear though and somebody has to look at the images closely.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its the weekend so i guess the doctor isnt working. for our last kid we got the results right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

we got to do the genetic testing at 12 weeks since Mrs demon is >35 years old

took two weeks but we've learned two fraternal twin girls are on the way. Low risk for any chromosomal abnormalities too.