Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Cumdog Millionaire
Jul 21, 2022

Whoever told you not to kink shame had a shameful kink.

MrQwerty posted:

I'm gonna miss my schedule when my plant closes, yeah I have to start my week at 10PM on Sunday, but I start my weekend at 6:15AM on Friday

Happy Friday!

Your plant is closing? Are you loosing your job? That sucks if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gainax posted:

Your plant is closing? Are you loosing your job? That sucks if so.

Yeah, the company decided to divest from their American operation that is currently making them record profits and manufactures about 90% of their income, and their transition is a loving mess. Half-baked, impulsive COVID + Trump decision with no foresight.

I already have a job lined up when they close, though, I'll be fine. Combination of experience, skills and finally being nepotized into a job, about loving time after over a decade of this poo poo.

Somehow I turned being my buddy's roadie/drum tech for drink tix in a local costumed stoner metal band for 7 years into a career continuation/promotion in the semiconductor industry, so that's cool.

Sorta don't want to go back to working A/B/C/D shift schedule but I'll manage.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 22, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah, the company decided to divest from their American operation that is currently making them record profits and manufactures about 90% of their income, and their transition is a loving mess. Half-baked, impulsive COVID + Trump decision with no foresight.

I already have a job lined up when they close, though, I'll be fine. Combination of experience, skills and finally being nepotized into a job, about loving time after over a decade of this poo poo.

Somehow I turned being my buddy's roadie/drum tech for drink tix in a local costumed stoner metal band for 7 years into a career continuation/promotion in the semiconductor industry, so that's cool.

Hope this doesn't come off as mean but you getting laid off may be a good thing because it sounds like that company is about to crater like a meteor hitting the earth

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hope this doesn't come off as mean but you getting laid off may be a good thing because it sounds like that company is about to crater like a meteor hitting the earth

yeah once the Albuquerque plant goes away it's donezo, they're gonna lose probably close to a thousand combined years of experience on their bread and butter product lines and send them to a plant that 1) still needs to order and build 2 SMD lines to make up for capacity and 2) has gone through multiple product transfers already and keeps sending them back to us because they don't know how to run them on their extant high-mix line. Plus they built an assembly plant in Romania that regularly sends 3-second soldering fixes that slipped through back to us in bulk. Gonna be sad to watch their slide, because I really like their poo poo, but they did it to themselves.

edit: we used to do the assembly here too, that was going to be a 3-year transition to the Romania plant but they just pulled the trigger and fired everyone in assembly mid-July 2020 and it's been a string of horrifically bad decisions since.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 22, 2022

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
None of that should be allowed to happen in a society with any sense.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

remember when you were a kid and thought the adults knew what they were doing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

None of that should be allowed to happen in a society with any sense.

the society that is making these decisions is Germany lol

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

my friday plans:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

https://twitter.com/DLEveryFriday/status/1550497365051719681

twitter embeds aren't working for anyone now, right? or is it just me?

anyway click the link you will not regret it

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mr Lynch you are an old man, please do not hit your dear noggin on the camera.

The embed worked for me but it was a little shaky for most of the video.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Embeds are disabled currently for all ios and Mac devices due to a Twitter-side API screw up

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
hawt friday

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hmm... Friday forum is back

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
too hot to go outside, trying not to spend, no work... nothin to do but post

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i have no faith in the admins to operate the friday forum

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4007989&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post525020262

lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Embeds are disabled currently for all ios and Mac devices due to a Twitter-side API screw up

feeding us mac users to the lions, typical

when will the persecution end

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

feeding us mac users to the lions, typical

when will the persecution end

nice job smoking out the mac/ios users so we can mock them openly

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao but now that poster’s got free time to get down on that friday tip :hai:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:lol:

Cumdog Millionaire
Jul 21, 2022

Whoever told you not to kink shame had a shameful kink.

MrQwerty posted:

Lol jesus, what a mess. What is there plan after they poo poo down the American operation? They exporting the jobs over seas or across the border? That sucks man. Corporations shouldn't be able to do these things. I feel like this doesn't need to be said here though. I liked the British labor parties proposal by corbyn that stipulated companies that commit capital flight risk having their assets seazed by the federal government. As was mentioned here, it shouldn't be able to happen.

At least you have a job lined up. That's good.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My 70 year old dad and I have been making an effort at having breakfast once a month for the past couple of years, and today I took my 10 year old daughter with me for the first time. Both my dad and I told her the stories of our proposals to our wives and she lasted about 45 minutes before she got bored of old man talk. The tacos and coffee were good, great start to a Friday :cool:

neato burrito fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 22, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I had a secret way to get to the Friday forum anyway. I could go in there, browse around and edit my posts like a motherfucker.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I had a secret way to get to the Friday forum anyway. I could go in there, browse around and edit my posts like a motherfucker.

Ah the old back door.

Classic Friday maneuver.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

did you ever end up actually editing any posts

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

did you ever end up actually editing any posts

I think so, but I just clicked on the link that was my secret entrance and now that thread has been chambered.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

https://twitter.com/DLEveryFriday/status/1550497365051719681

twitter embeds aren't working for anyone now, right? or is it just me?

anyway click the link you will not regret it

You're doing god's work

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Friday’s fuckin on you turdsuckers!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Friday’s fuckin on you turdsuckers!!!

:hmmyes:

I generally wait as best as I can until 5pm so I'll start in an hour. I guess I can have some delta 9 gummies right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imma drink a booze in the shower

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Good part of Friday has begun.

Sun? Hot.
Beer? Open.
Pants? Off.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
gently caress friday

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:hmmyes:

I generally wait as best as I can until 5pm so I'll start in an hour. I guess I can have some delta 9 gummies right now.

I’m on the east coast so 5pm hits a little earlier

it was 4:39

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

you're in the thread timezone

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah I started at about 4:30 (15 minutes ago). :shrug:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Pizza, wings, whiskey, movies and drunk texting

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My friend just invited me over in 15 minutes. He picked up a steak (he asked me if I wanted one and I declined). I'm almost certain it'll be a NY strip. He loves those.

Then we'll probably just get hosed up.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm going for a long walk with my kids to the corner store to buy candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm going for a long walk with my kids to the corner store to buy candy

I remember doing this with my cousin (RIP) when I was like 7. It was a really long walk but my aunt would give us $0.50 each and we'd both come home with a bag of candy. If she'd give us a dollar then we'd splurge on a big item that costs $0.50 and then divide the rest. That place had bins and stuff filled with all sorts of things. I used to get candy cigs. They always sucked and tasted like chalk but cigs were super cool in the 80s.