Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Whoops, hit the button too soon. What I was going to say is, it's possible this means that CJ is not a JOAT but this mysterious Inventor. The presence of a Thief implies something, doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
You were robbed, HCT. Shiny should have been your song.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Whoops, hit the button too soon. What I was going to say is, it's possible this means that CJ is not a JOAT but this mysterious Inventor. The presence of a Thief implies something, doesn't it?

And Circl surviving would be the result of an item? Did/do you have any items, Circl?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

wologar posted:

And Circl surviving would be the result of an item? Did/do you have any items, Circl?

I haven't had or used any items.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Stone Cold do you have a crew? Just a hunch.

no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kill circlmaster.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

kill circlmaster.

I'm not saying we shouldn't kill CirclMastr, but this is way too close to the edge for me to just do things without more reasoning. I think you're town Cena but it's time to lay some cards on the table and actual give reasons. It would be helpful to know your song too, if it's not the one I guessed.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

wologar posted:

CJ, does your JOAT include a Governor one-shot?

Nope, it's watcher/bp/bus driver. I had no idea lunchproof was a thing, I had to look it up after seeing the no-lunch

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

STONE COLD 64 posted:

kill circlmaster.

I agree, but I think it's important to know who protected him first.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

Nope, it's watcher/bp/bus driver. I had no idea lunchproof was a thing, I had to look it up after seeing the no-lunch

Not an inventor, then? Why have a thief.

Why have two millers.

Why have anything.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
After last day's non-execution, I was thinking that maybe Sandwolf was the governor who stopped it. He seemed to think that keeping Circl alive would be a net benefit to town. That's obvioulsy not the case now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

wologar posted:

After last day's non-execution, I was thinking that maybe Sandwolf was the governor who stopped it. He seemed to think that keeping Circl alive would be a net benefit to town. That's obvioulsy not the case now.

How could he have done that?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

How could he have done that?

What do you mean?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What do you mean?

Sandwolf's flip doesn't say anything about it, and I was jailing him so he didn't steal an item for one-use governor. I don't see how it's possible for Sandwolf to have done the lunchproofing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wologar posted:

you're next.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CirclMastr posted:

Sandwolf's flip doesn't say anything about it, and I was jailing him so he didn't steal an item for one-use governor. I don't see how it's possible for Sandwolf to have done the lunchproofing.

I thought he could be a governor.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CirclMastr posted:

Given everyone yelling at me yesterday to use my role to scumhunt, I targeted someone I thought might be scum. Which was you.

I thought your main scum picks were wologar and CJ.

CirclMastr posted:

I don't know what else you want me to say. I gave a full accounting of what I did and my thought process behind it, flawed as it apparently might be. I'm still confident in you and Sandwolf being town, and in wologar and CJ being scum.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Bif, I'm gonna need your Disney song, please. I've got a theory. But I gotta confirm you and preferably Cena first.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

You know that's not what I meant. Why are you lynchproof, man? But since you apparently did roleblock me, I hope this convinces you I'm not scum. Or, well, I guess you're just going to say it's the other mafia who did in Sandwolf.

Do you know you were role locked?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Bif, I'm gonna need your Disney song, please. I've got a theory. But I gotta confirm you and preferably Cena first.

Prince Ali Reprise, obviously lol

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Do you know you were role locked?

I'm not sure how I would know if I were. But I can totally see CirclMastr doing that given how he seemed sure I was scum yesterday.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I can't verify anything you're saying, including the roleblock, but at least you know I didn't go anywhere last night.

Oh wait you answered that. You don't know you were roleblocked. But Sandwolfs flip proves he was telling the truth at least so either Circl or the other scum is a roleblocker or jailer..

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I'm not sure how I would know if I were. But I can totally see CirclMastr doing that given how he seemed sure I was scum yesterday.

Where are you reading that

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Prince Ali Reprise, obviously lol

Right. So here's the thing. I'm taking a gamble here but I feel like we're low on options. It has been pretty drat clear for a while now that this is a game where flavor actually matters. Just go look at Grandi's starting post.

Shiny is a song about a crab that steals treasure and sticks it to his shell. Sandwolf was a Thief.
Friends on the Other Side is a song about a guy who... has friends on the other side. Maerlyn was a scum Mason.
Mother Knows Best is a song about a mother locking up her kid in a tower. CirclMastr is either a Roleblocker or a Jailer.
Be Prepared is a song about... being prepared. Whether a JOAT or an Inventor, this tracks.
Gaston... I guess no one tracks like Gaston? Logic is a bit weaker here, but NeverHelm was a tracker.

I can buy that Prince Ali Reprise, being a song about someone's identity being revealed as something unexpected, is a Miller.

But why the gently caress would Oogie Boogie's Song be a Miller?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Circl has been accusing newbies of being scum here and there since Sporkchan died. After I suggested it, mind you.

wologar posted:

A thought: Does the "newbie immunity" extend to Night 1? Because if so, SporkChan dying would go against it. Could the remaining scum be just newbies?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Where are you reading that

CirclMastr posted:

My flip has nothing to do with whether there are two scum masons. Framing it that way is disingenuous, and this isn't the first time you've been disingenuous when discussing me.

And I frankly don't see two scum masons being a thing, which is why I've cooled on Cena being scum and believe it's wologar and CJ. But with Sandwolf's attitude toward CJ, your staunch refusal to entertain the idea of wologar being scum, and the bad faith cases you've made, I'm starting to think it's wologar and HCT.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought your main scum picks were wologar and CJ.

I was willing to give CJ a pass based on Sandwolf's confidence, and HCT was my next choice for scum. Because I had been vocal about wologar, I figured they would have their scumbro do the night kill in case I jailed them. So I tried to pick a scumbro.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

And speaking of...

CJ, did you use any powers last night?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

My PM says that, being from Touchstone Pictures, my origins are questionable.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, he was "starting to think" it was wologar and you. But after that he said he was "confident" about wologar and CJ being scum. I'd guess he just blocked you since you never claimed poo poo so you were an unknown, and CJ might just be the other scum.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Well, where does this leave us? I'd like to remind everyone we're in MYLO. This is another reason why I'm super reluctant to just jump on Stone Cold's wagon here. Call me crazy but I'm even starting to wonder if it's better to deliberately no lunch just to give CirclMastr another shot at finding scum. Slim chance, I know.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Well, where does this leave us? I'd like to remind everyone we're in MYLO. This is another reason why I'm super reluctant to just jump on Stone Cold's wagon here. Call me crazy but I'm even starting to wonder if it's better to deliberately no lunch just to give CirclMastr another shot at finding scum. Slim chance, I know.

Wait, so you believe that Circl is town?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I can buy that Prince Ali Reprise, being a song about someone's identity being revealed as something unexpected, is a Miller.

My role had no special justification for it like you thought up, just fun character stuff in general. If I'm gonna vote wologar it is gonna be over posts and behaviour and not any flavour comparison.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

wologar posted:

Wait, so you believe that Circl is town?

No, I don't know anymore. I'm not sure of goddamn anything.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Okay but let's think about CirclMastr's night behavior. He says he jailed or roleblocked or whatever me. Do we have any reason to think he roleblocked anyone else? CJ, did you do anything last night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well since Circl is still alive for now, an important question is, who do you think is scummiest now, Circl? Who do you think we should lunch?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
After Sandwolf's death, I think it's evident that whoever protected Circl is scum. Protecting someone who is bound to get executed again (scumbuddy or not) gives scum an extra night kill.

I hoped to have CJ claim that his JOAT included a governor one-shot, but he already denied it. I still think he's the most suspicious, but there's no gotcha.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

wologar posted:

I hoped to have CJ claim that his JOAT included a governor one-shot, but he already denied it. I still think he's the most suspicious, but there's no gotcha.

I don't think he would tell you the truth about that if he was scum so I don't really know if that helps.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I don't think he would tell you the truth about that if he was scum so I don't really know if that helps.

Yeah, that's why I still think he's the most likely 'governor'. It's not Cena (mason), not you (vanilla?), not Circl (jailor), not me (miller). It could be Bif, but that's a whole can of worms due to the miller stuff.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

And speaking of...

CJ, did you use any powers last night?

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Okay but let's think about CirclMastr's night behavior. He says he jailed or roleblocked or whatever me. Do we have any reason to think he roleblocked anyone else? CJ, did you do anything last night?

Nope, I didn't do anything last night. If Circl flipped scum I was gonna bd sandwolf and wologar to see if I could drive the nk onto my last scum pick, but since Circl didn't flip I just held off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

CJ has seen the day open and made this post but nothing else yet? Here in crunch time after an exciting twist? Having only sparse contribution even now rings very scummy to me.

Incidentally I'm getting more paranoid about Cena now for similar reasons, but only slightly. Cena would you mind hanging out more to chat with your bud and show off them townie thought processes so I don't get weird ideas at the last second?