Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rythe posted:

Finally getting around to updating my Teysa deck as this was one of my first I built and is probably 8 years old now and wouldn't mind another set of eyes on it.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/-05n2gxeFkKuTkM8wzy3kA

Pretty simple get out Teysa, Darkest Hour/Painter Servant and a Sac outlet to go infinte.

Could use any suggestions or better combos/disruption.

Are there any budget concerns here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TotalHell posted:

Love those Canadian folks. And at least based on the bit Graham did at the start of that one Loading Ready Live, it sounds like the cancer is very treatable. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the doctors are super hopeful and he's just trying to juggle his job, life, and treatment now. He initially said he'd probably stop showing up on camera once he lost his hair but maybe he's feeling better about how he looks so who knows.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Are there any budget concerns here?

I'm already running cards that are fairly expensive so budget isn't to crazy of a concern.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dominaria Precon Commanders were revealed today:

Jared Carthalion WUBRG and Geyadrone Dihada Mardu. Only two precon decks for this set. I wonder if it's because the Baldur's Gate and WH40K both have four decks.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/legends-return-first-dominaria-united-previews-are-here-2022-07-21

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jiro posted:

Dominaria Precon Commanders were revealed today:

Jared Carthalion WUBRG and Geyadrone Dihada Mardu. Only two precon decks for this set. I wonder if it's because the Baldur's Gate and WH40K both have four decks.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/legends-return-first-dominaria-united-previews-are-here-2022-07-21

Please tell me y'all didn't miss the part where they're cracking actual Legends booster packs to get cards, LOL

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah in the other thread they're talking about it.

BUT WHO THE gently caress IS READY FOR THE PAINBOW??!!!

BONESAW IS READY!!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I might get Painbow if it has some Domain mechanics.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I like that they're loving off theme boosters and going with Jumpstart. Having core Jumpstart packs and letting each set add some more is very cool. They're a fun, cheap and entertaining way to play the game, so good move.

The set seems pretty neat. I'm more interested in what the core mechanics are gonna be, but I knew we weren't getting any of that today. Got a feeling it'll just be a good "all rounder" set, which is cool. Nothing really spicy for me in the preview, and that's okay. I don't do collector boosters, but I think it's loving funny that they're literally opening old packs for it lol

I will admit I am interested in Painbow just for the name, gently caress.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The problem with Jumpstart is that the unique cards get stupid expensive.

See also; Allosaurus Shepherd.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Which is climbing back up in price, who would have guessed???!!!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
put all the painlands in the deck wotc,

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

put all the painlands in the deck wotc,

That’s the dream. It’d make the precon a must-buy for anyone looking to build a collection of staples

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Balon posted:

That’s the dream. It’d make the precon a must-buy for anyone looking to build a collection of staples

Yeah that would be ideal but excluding the brawl pre-cons when is the last time they included anything better than tier 3 mana bases. Even their pioneer pre cons don't have shocks in them.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

MasterBuilder posted:

Yeah that would be ideal but excluding the brawl pre-cons when is the last time they included anything better than tier 3 mana bases. Even their pioneer pre cons don't have shocks in them.

Mana bases in precons have been getting better but are still far from ideal

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

In which Prof apparently owns a Konoha hoodie and an Attack on Titan cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLP-bbdlvZI

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MasterBuilder posted:

Are filter lands from NC commander decks tier 3?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Sungrass/Rugged Prairie cycles of filter lands are very acceptable plays and better than anything that comes into play tapped.

I have no expectations that precons will come with fetches/Duals/shocks. Or even City of Brass/Mana Confluence/Tarnished Citadel.

But... Filters/pains/fast lands/check lands. And absolutely the Battlebond lands should be in every Precon. Anything that comes in or can reasonably often come in untapped on turns 1-3 is fine. Even stuff like Forbidden/Exotic Orchard are welcome. Hell, I'd even rather see Tendo Ice bridge or the energy one over CiPT lands.

There's just no excuse whatsoever for guildgates/Karoos/temples in the precons. They are like tier loving 7.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Okay reading back my post it's time is more declarative then I intended but here is my ad hoc defense. Filter lands are tier 3 because they are conditional dual lands and that condition is continuous.

Compared to
tier 1 og duals, command tower (always come in untapped and have no conditions)
tier 2 fetches, shocks and commander lands ( have a one time condition to come in untapped but it isn't that onerous)
Tier 3 captures a lot of lands, pain, .scry, check, filter, triomes, tainted and either come in tapped with upside or have a condition that can be awkward or have deck building requirements. This doesn't mean they are unplayable but more the floor from what I have seen.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Jiro posted:

In which Prof apparently owns a Konoha hoodie and an Attack on Titan cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLP-bbdlvZI

This gave me flashbacks to the HR videos I have to watch every year about workplace behavior standards.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They should just complete the Tainted land cycle from Torment and make them a precon standard.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They should just complete the Tainted land cycle from Torment and make them a precon standard.

They.. did? Unless you mean a full four card cycle for each basic land type?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Tainted Mire, that taps for B or B if you control a Swamp.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've been saying this for years

Consecrated X for white, Enlightened X for blue, Flourishing X for green and Rugged X for red, where X is the name of the land

Just use the Isle/Peak/Field/Grove names from the original cycle, and add Mire or Bog or something for black

Ex: Flourishing Peak - add C, add U or R if you control a mountain

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Tainted love

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Sometimes I feel I've got to

(bomp bomp)

Tap for R

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Once I tapped for U (I tapped)
Now I give B too.
These Tainted lands you've given
Really need to be reprinted
Give me peaks and give me fields Oooh

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Silhouette posted:

Sometimes I feel I've got to

(bomp bomp)

Tap for R

Lol that's great

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Silhouette posted:

I've been saying this for years

Consecrated X for white, Enlightened X for blue, Flourishing X for green and Rugged X for red, where X is the name of the land

Just use the Isle/Peak/Field/Grove names from the original cycle, and add Mire or Bog or something for black

Ex: Flourishing Peak - add C, add U or R if you control a mountain

The only part I don't like is Rugged Field would be really close to Rugged Prairie.

Rugged in general doesn't fit because it's a physical state while the rest are more abstract.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The only part I don't like is Rugged Field would be really close to Rugged Prairie.

Rugged in general doesn't fit because it's a physical state while the rest are more abstract.

Raging would be better, I’ll leave it up to the artist to determine what a raging plain is.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

pseudanonymous posted:

Raging would be better, I’ll leave it up to the artist to determine what a raging plain is.

Crop circles making the :black101: emoji.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Just use a thesaurus and find a synonym for passionate, done deal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Silhouette posted:

Just use a thesaurus and find a synonym for passionate, done deal

Horny Forest

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

:confused:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Trucker Mudflap Silhouette Arbor

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Was it Gabriel Nassif that got done in during a tournament because his opponent had this particular printing lumped in with all their lands?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
In general, how do y'all feel about Stickers at your EDH table as a regular thing?

How do you feel about having to do the random pre-game selection?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's kinda irritating but it'll be ultimately whatever to me if it's too low-power to be cEDH viable.

Night/Day is an annoying mechanic too but ultimately whatever.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What are Stickers?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Johnny Truant posted:

What are Stickers?

New mechanic in the new un-set that's going to be eternal legal, go to the other thread for details on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I just finished up playing Clank Legacy today, so I can understand a certain childish appeal to stickers to things. When I was a kid I got stickers for reading that I eventually got a Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza and one of those lenticular pins. That Pizza Hut is now closed. That is my story about stickers. It's a cheaply produced branded gimmick to appeal to the naive and novelty-obsessed. You know, like post 2020 MTG.

Still, if they let me attach stickers to my opponent's cards, then I'm on board. "You played Chains of Mephistopheles in EDH? Well, that incredibly expensive piece of cardboard has got a sticker that says 'Juicy' in the Blingee font on it, so there."