Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Junk posted:

taken the left where? into the concrete barrier? it is a single lane that only goes in one direction. you don't put your signals on to indicate your intention to continue following the ONLY loving WAY the road goes

do you judge people who don't signal when they should harder than you judge people who signal when they don't need to, or are you just like a bull with a red flag whenever you see that blinking light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nah parking ticket people are doing God's work keeping loving trash drivers out of my loving cycle lanes :argh:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People who get any strong emotions whilst behind the wheel ought to be banned from driving forever. You wouldn't drive drunk, don't drive enraged.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Colonel Cancer posted:

People who get any strong emotions whilst behind the wheel ought to be banned from driving forever. You wouldn't drive drunk, don't drive enraged.

"Just because you're driving drunk, doesn't mean you get to hurt people"

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 22, 2022

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
You know, a lot of times those single-lane off-ramps with concrete barriers are pretty tight turns, too, I know the merge between I-85 SB and I-285 EB in Atlanta is like that. You signal your intent to exit, but then the turn is so sharp your wheel never returns to center enough to trip the signal stalk to off.

I judge people who rage out about dumb poo poo.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

people running the ac in the car with the windows down constantly; not just for a minute to get things going or clear out stagnant air but like the whole time

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m confused, cause aren’t they probably just signaling because they signaled to get off the highway, which you should be doing anyways, and the blinker is still just going because they haven’t turned yet?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

its easy to avoid drinking before driving. it's hard not to feel a strong emotion when someone else's actions endanger your life or your family's life. i don't get enraged every time i see someone do something stupid, i dont have that kind of energy, but if you drive a lot you will see people do some seriously egregious poo poo and sometimes you cant help being pissed off when you see it

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 22, 2022

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
One day some rear end in a top hat is going to pull in front of me when they clearly have no room to accelerate appropriately to catch up to traffic and I'm going to be too depressed to react and brake :lol:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Having pet birds or lizards instead of a mammalian pet.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

You know, a lot of times those single-lane off-ramps with concrete barriers are pretty tight turns, too, I know the merge between I-85 SB and I-285 EB in Atlanta is like that. You signal your intent to exit, but then the turn is so sharp your wheel never returns to center enough to trip the signal stalk to off.

You're allowed to turn off the signal yourself once it's no longer appropriate to be signaling. The automatic cutoff is just a convenience, and one that's helpful a lot of the time. But it can't see the road. You don't have to blindly obey it and leave your signal on for half a minute after you've made the turn/exit you were indicating, just because the road happens to curve in such a way that the wheel hasn't quite reached the return-to-center threshold yet.

I'm on Junk's side here.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Powered Descent posted:

You're allowed to turn off the signal yourself once it's no longer appropriate to be signaling. The automatic cutoff is just a convenience, and one that's helpful a lot of the time. But it can't see the road. You don't have to blindly obey it and leave your signal on for half a minute after you've made the turn/exit you were indicating, just because the road happens to curve in such a way that the wheel hasn't quite reached the return-to-center threshold yet.

I'm on Junk's side here.

You are allowed to turn off the refrigerator light yourself once you are done selecting your food. The automatic cutoff is just a convenience, and one that’s helpful a lot of the time. But it can’t read your mind.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Irregardless posted:

You are allowed to turn off the refrigerator light yourself once you are done selecting your food. The automatic cutoff is just a convenience, and one that’s helpful a lot of the time. But it can’t read your mind.

my refrigerator does not allow this

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Bad Purchase posted:

my refrigerator does not allow this

Sounds like a bad purchase

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hard to say, it was here when i moved in

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
ugh, renters

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nah, i’m the homeowner but i didn’t buy the refrigerator. well, i guess technically i did, but you know what i mean.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
My fridge bulb burned out for the first time in my life, and I've been around awhile.

It is hard to locate things in a dark fridge, and there are special appliance bulbs. They come in two different types.

This has been your mostly useless Butcher lesson for the day.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Powered Descent posted:

I'm on Junk's side here.

I don't think either of you should be driving then.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I don't think either of you should be driving then.

So to summarize, you don't think it's correct to turn off the turn signal once you complete the maneuver that it's indicating. We should just leave it blinking as we continue on down the road.

Makes perfect sense.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Powered Descent posted:

So to summarize, you don't think it's correct to turn off the turn signal once you complete the maneuver that it's indicating. We should just leave it blinking as we continue on down the road.

Makes perfect sense.

right??????

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Look, if you're focused on making sure you maintain lane when there's a concrete wall to your left or right and traffic all around you, I'm gonna give you a pass if you don't manually flip your signal off, I'm just glad you used it.

If you want to get all ragey about it that's your problem but maybe you should talk to someone.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

men always seem to drive directly toward me and expect me to move for them. their signals are on the entire time but they're driving straight at me. i've adopted a habit of just not moving out of the way and crashing directly into them. women, children, elderly drivers, sure, but never men

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

If you want to get all ragey about it that's your problem but maybe you should talk to someone.

:confused:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

(is Gomez Chamberlain) doot-da-doo, here I am driving down this single lane one way road that curves slightly to the right, i better signal to the right so nobody thinks i'm going to veer left and crash into the barrier, which is such a regular occurrence where i'm from apparently, that if I see someone with their signals off nowhere near anywhere they could conceivably turn, merge or change lanes, I can only assume that they intend on crashing their car. boy it sure is great being a contrarian excessively charitable devils advocate fuckin goober on gbs, i cant wait to get home and post all about it

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Junk posted:

(is Gomez Chamberlain) doot-da-doo, here I am driving down this single lane one way road that curves slightly to the right, i better signal to the right so nobody thinks i'm going to veer left and crash into the barrier, which is such a regular occurrence where i'm from apparently, that if I see someone with their signals off nowhere near anywhere they could conceivably turn, merge or change lanes, I can only assume that they intend on crashing their car. boy it sure is great being a contrarian excessively charitable devils advocate fuckin goober on gbs, i cant wait to get home and post all about it

I am home, so I don't even have to wait!

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Those absolute lunatics that won't change the batteries in their smoke detector. Ever.
How the gently caress are you able to block that sound out?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Changes heading 5 degrees to the left
Signals left because it steams your beans

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Look, if you're focused on making sure you maintain lane when there's a concrete wall to your left or right and traffic all around you, I'm gonna give you a pass if you don't manually flip your signal off, I'm just glad you used it.

You just said that people who manually disengage their signal when they don't need it shouldn't be driving. Now you're saying that you'll tolerate people who don't do that. :confused:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
No, I don't think you should be driving because you're obviously a little rage monster behind the wheel if a little, underused flashing light bothers you enough to engage on this for two pages.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Sorry if that wasn't clear.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

If you are so stressed out by absolutely normal and common things while driving such as “adjacent vehicles and structure” that you cannot perform basic tasks such as using your signals properly you should uhhh not drive a car

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

causticBeet posted:

If you are so stressed out by absolutely normal and common things while driving such as “adjacent vehicles and structure” that you cannot perform basic tasks such as using your signals properly you should uhhh not drive a car

I'm posting in GBS, I thought that was a given.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

No, I don't think you should be driving because you're obviously a little rage monster behind the wheel if a little, underused flashing light bothers you enough to engage on this for two pages.

*rapidly wiggles the turn signal controls like it's a rave* "anyone who thinks this is wrong should stop driving, those angry little rage monsters! :haw:"

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Junk posted:

*rapidly wiggles the turn signal controls like it's a rave* "anyone who thinks this is wrong should stop driving, those angry little rage monsters! :haw:"

*Drives in the middle of 2 lanes with blinkers and hazards on because I have no spatial awareness and am terrified of the wall 2 feet away from my vehicle*

Gosh why is everyone honking at me, road rage is a real killer these days

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

causticBeet posted:

*Drives in the middle of 2 lanes with blinkers and hazards on because I have no spatial awareness and am terrified of the wall 2 feet away from my vehicle*

Gosh why is everyone honking at me, road rage is a real killer these days

I know! It's incredible. So much anger, all I'm doing is enjoying this music and trying to time the signals to the beat.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
*sees someone leave their turn signal on too long*

"Well that's dumb and pointless"

:siren::siren::siren: RAGE POLICE, STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE NOW :siren::siren::siren:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

CongoJack posted:

Having pet birds or lizards instead of a mammalian pet.
People who judge others for the pets they love.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

i wasn't even referring to leaving the blinkers on after a merge, althought that's annoying too, i meant putting them only solely for a curved road. here's a map of what i'm even talking about :

this is the same road my photo from earlier is from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Ok well that's dumb. Don't get mad about it though.