Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Liz has the world’s most sophisticated vocal fry. poo poo sounds vintage. an “ummm” that could shatter crystal.

Transatlantic Valley Girl

Received Pronunciation from a mall in 1988

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Liz has a great voice.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i think it's weird that people care about vocal fry at all

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Gone Fashing posted:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Liz has a great voice.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Gone Fashing posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Sarah Koenig wanting to gently caress an actual murderer really put back women podcasters imo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still don't know what Vocal Fry even is.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MonsieurChoc posted:

it's what liz sounds like

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kardashian voice

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cached Money posted:

Kardashian voice

The evolved form of "valley girl" coastal accent.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's easy to recognize all the californians moving to austin because the men under 40 all have upspeak

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

i say swears online posted:

it's easy to recognize all the californians moving to austin because the men under 40 all have upspeak

I'm glad Austin is slowly getting better

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I won't lie I was surprised when Liz wasn't blonde.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
austin is probably the worst “hip” city in the US. denver, portland, and seattle all have legal weed and fewer people from texas suburbs.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's true

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

they are coming and taking it though

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

austin is probably the worst “hip” city in the US. denver, portland, and seattle all have legal weed and fewer people from texas suburbs.

It rules that it's packed with the worst people from california, and still a net positive

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bip Roberts posted:

It rules that it's packed with the worst people from california, and still a net positive
it’s hoovering up the worst libertarian dipshits from across the entire country who want to pretend they live in an actual city so they can live The App Treat Boy Lifestyle but don’t have to see poor people

and yet still not in the running for “worst people from texas”

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
washington D C

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

it’s hoovering up the worst libertarian dipshits from across the entire country who want to pretend they live in an actual city so they can live The App Treat Boy Lifestyle but don’t have to see poor people

these people are so embarrassing but the worst part as a Poor is how much unwanted influence they have over me. some 24 y/o in jorts that makes 375k/year is going to report me to my manager for poor customer service

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

Denver is either too gross, too expensive, or too often both at once

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
239 @53:01: Tetsuya The Killer sounds like one of those gory 90s animes :v:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They really had about 40% of the content for an episode and really could have cut it short.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope they keep on announcing the tour for the first time

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Oatly.

Oatly.

Oatly.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Heath posted:

Denver is either too gross, too expensive, or too often both at once
it isn’t gross at all. you’re right that it’s too expensive now, even if there is much more to do than there was a decade ago. being the first place in the US with legal weed really did a number on this place, and the delayed effects have really hit hard in the past few years.

my gf is about to drag me to CA or HI for school so it’ll be someone else’s problem soon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You could say more about those effects, I'm curious.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

it isn’t gross at all. you’re right that it’s too expensive now, even if there is much more to do than there was a decade ago. being the first place in the US with legal weed really did a number on this place, and the delayed effects have really hit hard in the past few years.

my gf is about to drag me to CA or HI for school so it’ll be someone else’s problem soon.

It absolutely is, especially if you're downwind of that Purina factory or whatever it is that reeks in that area. There's another area downtown that has a ton of hip bars and restaurants but it seems to have been built into a crumbling former industrial area of some kind and there's just exposed rebar and poo poo lying around in the road. I don't know Denver super well or go there very often but the gentrification has been so insanely rapid in some areas that it looks like some kind of hosed up time warp when I do go

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Despite hating every crank episode I did in fact buy tickets for their DC show.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Heath posted:

There's another area downtown that has a ton of hip bars and restaurants but it seems to have been built into a crumbling former industrial area of some kind and there's just exposed rebar and poo poo lying around in the road.
yeah that’s my hood and it rules, bitch

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

I just finished listening to 238 about mass shootings and schizo posting where Brace got this great new alias in the intro. I still like the Dark Cowboy and Mr Fireworks though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm partial to "DaGayPussyEatah" myself

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I'm not convinced Brace isn't actually gay.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bracelore dropped

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1551979837702684672?t=ddywY7EOPp4tUU00JN6U4w&s=19

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

The troubled teen industry is one of the most evil things the U.S. has to offer, made even worse by the fact that it's sold as a rehabilitative thing. If you want to lose your mind, read the Glassdoor reviews for Provo Canyon School.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a friend of mine tossed his mom's purse out the car window on a highway overpass during a fight and got sent to one of those in idaho. it was so awful he ran away and hid in the woods for a week until dogs found him

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it must be so insane to be such a clueless or out of touch parent that you drop like six figures on putting your own children in a brainwashing-torture camp, completely unregulated.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bust Rodd posted:

it must be so insane to be such a clueless or out of touch parent that you drop like six figures on putting your own children in a brainwashing-torture camp, completely unregulated.

My parents threatened to send me all the time over my (3.7 GPA) grades like I couldn't Google it and figure out they couldn't afford it. We were poaching deer and rabbits for something to loving eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

if you are mega rich and had to have kids you hate in order not to get disowned, you get a nanny until they’re old enough to get shipped off to boarding school and summer camp so they can be molested by the other kids.

it’s only the real embittered and vindictive upper-middle class psychos who stick it out just long enough to ship their pill head kids off to teen private prisons to get molested by the guards.