Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hoo boy. From the "Best of Redditor Updates" sub:

Am I the rear end in a top hat for ‘predetermining’ my baby’s sex?

Now apparently this got picked up by one of those places that steals these sorts of stories and reposts or comments on them. In this case a podcast that has its own subreddit. The soon-to-be-ex-husband found out and left this comment there:

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What the gently caress

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

what in the actual gently caress

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Now apparently this got picked up by one of those places that steals these sorts of stories and reposts or comments on them. In this case a podcast that has its own subreddit. The soon-to-be-ex-husband found out and left this comment there:

What on earth

Am I missing something or is this guy just running a full court press?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I can't loving believe I find out about this post on a podcast my girlfriend listens to.

I wonder if MIL had a new son-bearing girlfriend lined up along with the papers.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I feel like if she can prove that's him, "gently caress you and gently caress the fetus" isn't going to go down well in family court.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow dude moved on fast

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Good God, people more toxic than Love Canal and the asswipe husband already has a girlfreind.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My advice to her, besides going back in time and never dating this rear end in a top hat, is to go back in time and record every hosed up thing he said when they were divorcing.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

My advice to her, besides going back in time and never dating this rear end in a top hat, is to go back in time and record every hosed up thing he said when they were divorcing.

I had hoped she’d have already done that since she had the presence of mind to record her call with MIL, but I see no mention of recording her husband :sigh:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for dropping my sibling off at my mom's date

I would really like to know the Mother's age and where the 4 kids' Baby Daddy(s) are. If I was her
date that night and her daughter showed up with three brats I'd be asking for the check post haste. God forbid
if she is going to try for 5 kids.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quantumwell posted:

I would really like to know the Mother's age and where the 4 kids' Baby Daddy(s) are. If I was her
date that night and her daughter showed up with three brats I'd be asking for the check post haste. God forbid
if she is going to try for 5 kids.

maybe she was just going to drop them off for the duration of her relationship with new guy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

wa27 posted:

The alternative would be drinking regular bottled water at 1/4 the cost though. (edit: unflavored seltzer probably is cheaper than that)

Does unflavored seltzer water really just taste like water once it's flat? I drink a lot of flavored seltzers and they're gross like 1 hour after opening.

Or just drink from the faucet.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Not liking this new Henry the 8th series tbh.

I am always always, dark humor amused, by assholes who want sons to "carry on the family name/blood." Because BIOTRUTHS: outside of IVF and poo poo, you can pretty much guarantee a child your daughter has is related to your daughter and hence you, but any child your son has might not be biologically his. I swear biotruths are the reason the world is such a poo poo place.

AITA for not making my kids do chores with my stepdaughter?

quote:

When my wife and I got engaged we agreed we needed consistent rules for our household for all three kids (my 11F and 6M and her 9F). We each changed some of our rules to create a fair compromise. Most of my rules were stricter than hers, so many of my rules got chucked and some stuff was added to hers. We were in full agreement when we all moved in together.

One rule it was hard for my stepdaughter to adjust to was chores. My kids have been doing them most of their lives. They clean their own rooms and work together to clean their shared bathroom. They help cook dinner and they each have one night a week where they have to sweep and take out the trash.

My kids complained to me that stepdaughter hates cleaning the bathroom and always cleans really slow, forcing my kids to either do most of the work or be in there forever. I decided that was unfair. I told my daughter she was responsible for cleaning the toilet and tub. My son is responsible for the floor. Stepdaughter has to do the sink and mirror. Once they have finished their tasks they can leave even if she isn't done.

Since stepdaughter is a procrastinator, often they are done before she even begins. They will rush in, clean, and then rush out to do their rooms while she takes her time putting her shoes away and unpacking her bookbag. Often they are completely done with their chores by the time she's finished one.

Stepdaughter is really upset by this. She says it is unfair. Last night she started bawling because she didn't finish her chores and got no dessert (the agreed upon consequence). My wife says we are being unfair and I should make the kids go back to cleaning the bathroom together so they can teach her and she can improve. But she knows how to wipe down a sink basin and a mirror. She just doesn't want to. I feel like forcing the kids to work together punishes my kids needlessly. AITA?

I remember as a kid, it was my job to vacuum all the bedrooms in the tiled-floor house, and my brother was to sweep all the hallways; he wouldn't use a dustpan but would push all the poo poo to the rooms' carpet line so I could vacuum it up. Well I wanted my chores loving done, so I'd do them asap, and he would piss off and do them later. When my dad saw piles of poo poo pressed to the carpet line, and told me to vacuum, I explained that I already had, that my brother did his part of the chores after I did mine, so he could sweep the rest up. That didn't set well with my dad; iirc, he grounded me for talking back, and made me vacuum the entire house again.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for refusing my wife water?

WHAT :psypop:

Apropos of nothing a lot of these stories really make wonder how these people get to the point of marriage before these huge triggering incidents happen. Like I know some of it is just helping to craft the story but can you really tell me there were no minor warning signs along the way and your wife just went from loving 0 to 100 buying 25 loving cases of seltzer water levels of crazy because you didn't buy some?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not making my kids do chores with my stepdaughter?

I remember as a kid, it was my job to vacuum all the bedrooms in the tiled-floor house, and my brother was to sweep all the hallways; he wouldn't use a dustpan but would push all the poo poo to the rooms' carpet line so I could vacuum it up. Well I wanted my chores loving done, so I'd do them asap, and he would piss off and do them later. When my dad saw piles of poo poo pressed to the carpet line, and told me to vacuum, I explained that I already had, that my brother did his part of the chores after I did mine, so he could sweep the rest up. That didn't set well with my dad; iirc, he grounded me for talking back, and made me vacuum the entire house again.

My Dad liked to dream up something involving hard labor and then waited until I had stayed out too late drinking and then wake me up bright and early
to spring it on me. Nothing like sanding a deck with a hangover.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not wanting to financially contribute to my boyfriends home repairs even though I live with him?

Oh yah, I 'forgot' to renew the lease right after buying a house you're not on the title for even though you're paying 30% of the mortgage(!?!?) So I guess we'll have to move into this dump and you spend all your time fixing it up because even swapping a wall plate is too much for little ol me! Now go get digging that salt water pool!

How would a townhome have all that work done to it? I've always thought of townhomes as basically short row houses. Is there a different definition in SoCal?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Don't they sell 2L bottles of seltzer? Why can't she just buy those and then open them in advance?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Bonster posted:

How would a townhome have all that work done to it? I've always thought of townhomes as basically short row houses. Is there a different definition in SoCal?

I missed the bit about it being a townhome, but if “south eastern style porch” means the kind that wrap around the entire house, it being a townhome makes that way funnier

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Imagining this as court drama in the Dune universe.

"Bene Gesserit witch!! How dare you use your secret prana-bindu arts to deny us an heir for the dukedom of Richese IV?!! The Landsraad will hear of this!!

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

Imagining this as court drama in the Dune universe.

"Bene Gesserit witch!! How dare you use your secret prana-bindu arts to deny us an heir for the dukedom of Richese IV?!! The Landsraad will hear of this!!

It is literally a premise of the first book: the emperor's wife was BG and bore only daughters so the Qizatz Haderach could marry the eldest and the sisterhood would control the throne.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It did work technically

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

The_Franz posted:

"he say me no speak good english on vocation? unpossible! i am petty in hardcore punjabi!!!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aside from this being an awful poo poo post on your part, saying something like "I replied in hardcore Greek/Japanese" whatever is pretty clearly implying some nasty shade throwing use of it.

And wouldn't you know, Punjabi has that reputation of use!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIiUM30gck

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Lemniscate Blue posted:

[b]Am I the rear end in a top hat for ‘predetermining’ my baby’s

First off, Holy poo poo. Second, I wonder how well the in-laws will be able to contain the crazy during court proceedings.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

pentyne posted:

Don't they sell 2L bottles of seltzer? Why can't she just buy those and then open them in advance?
Because to someone who would make multiple trips to the store and buy 25 cases of seltzer, it’s not about the taste, it’s about being controlling and abusive to their partner.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

This may have been posted months ago but I just came across it again...
AITA for kicking my boyfriend out?

quote:

I (27F) moved in with my boyfriend (25M) a few years ago because I don't get along well with my parents. Both of our names are on the lease, just so you guys know. I have two younger siblings, one who is irrelevant to the story and Sara (19F).

Sara recently asked me if she could move in with my boyfriend and I because our parents were being 'unreasonable'. I talked with my boyfriend, he agreed, and she moved in about two weeks ago.

Things have been fine, although I have noticed that my boyfriend has started to avoid my sister at all costs. My sister said that this makes her feel bad, so I sat my boyfriend down and told him to stop because it was upsetting to my sister. But I noticed that he hasn't stopped.

Today, I arrived home and my boyfriend and sister were arguing. I got between them and demanded to know what was wrong. My boyfriend started talking about how my sister had made 'unwanted advances' towards him and was 'peeping' in on him while he was changing. My sister was close to tears and denied the allegations.

I could tell that my sister was upset, and she is NOT a liar, so I told my boyfriend that until I made up my mind on who to trust, then he was going to have to stay at a friend's house while I sorted out my feelings. He got angry and said that it was his apartment first, so I had no right to kick him out.

I threatened to leave with my sister if he didn't, and that deemed to knock the sense into him. He packed a bag and left, probably to a friend's house, while I sat down with my sister, but she still denied anything.

I called my boyfriend to tell him that I needed for him to stay away for a few days while I got everything sorted our and he just went off, yelling about how I had no right and that my sister was in the wrong until I just hung up because I didn't want to fight.

But the longer we go without talking, the more I feel bad for kicking him out.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for having high expectations for my bachelorette party?

quote:

Throwaway and mobile account.

I (25F) am getting married to my wonderful fiancé (31m) this fall.

A week ago I had a bachelorette party. While most girls dream of their weddings, I dreamt about my bachelorette weekend. I put a lot of planning into this weekend, made a lot of phone calls, reservations, everything basically.

For Thursday night - Sunday morning me and 25 of my closest girlfriends rented a house. From the start it was a disaster. I had told my girls to get to the house early on Thursday so they could decorate and set up before I got there. Well I got to the house at 3 and they weren’t done decorating so that bummed me out because I wanted that “WOW!” moment when I came in and saw the set up. I felt robbed but we still had a decent first night.

FrIday I woke everyone up at 7am to make breakfast and get ready because we had a packed day - vineyards, boat, lunch, happy hour drinks, then dinner and the clubs. I was getting shaded on all afternoon because people said they were being rushed from place to place and had to carry changes of clothes all day but we only had limited time in this city and I wanted to make the most of it.

Saturday was worse. We had brunch at 9am and no one was awake in time so it only ended up being me and a few loyal bridesmaids. We went shopping after for a few hours and when we got back to the house no one was even apologetic even though I was close to tears all day. The last straw for me was later that night when we were going to dinner and nobody was wearing the matching shirts we got for the weekend. People wanted to wear their own stuff but that’s not what we agreed on even though my MOH notified everyone. At that point I said gently caress it this weekend was ruined and locked myself in my room to cry. It was even worse when I came out a few hours later and half the girls had gone out anyway (without me, AKA the actual bride).

I ended up driving home early on Sunday and left the house a mess for the girls to pick up because I was so upset. Now it’s been almost a week, no one has really texted me except some bridesmaids and MOH.

I know I sound bridezilla-ish. But these are supposed to be my friends and we were supposed to celebrate me all weekend and I felt neglected and I’m just really upset. I understand these expectations may seem like a lot but i made my expectations clear to the group and they just let me down so bad. Tell me AITA?

Here’s an edit because people are asking me the same questions:

yes I have 25 people who I genuinely wanted to celebrate with. 6 of them are in my wedding party and the other 19 were college friends, childhood friends, work friends, etc.

MOH sent out the itinerary months ago. It was very clear the activities I planned and their prices per person. If someone had wanted to skip out, it wouldn’t be a problem but all the girls paid accordingly. So they knew what they were getting themselves into.

Edit #2: Well I’m very clearly TA. I’ve decided to apologize for wanting one weekend to be about me. I need to rethink my friend group and make some changes to the wedding invite list. Thanks!

I imagine she's the kind of person who also has a Birthday Week.

AITA for cancelling an 800 dollar furry commission due to anti trans jokes?

quote:

I had recently acquired a small influx of cash from a family member’s will, and thought it would be fun to get a commission for my fursona, as I hadn’t gotten one in a long time. An artist I liked was moving to college, so I thought it would be cool if I bid on a YCH they were having.

After winning the YCH for about 800 dollars and sending him the money through PayPal, he began work on the commission, and after a day, he invited me to watch his Twitch stream.

On the stream, I mentioned I was a trans woman, and then he and his friends began making a lot of anti trans jokes (attack helicopter jokes involving trans generals, saying Jordan Peterson was right, etc.). It quickly made me feel uncomfortable, so I left.

I think I have pretty thick skin, but I now have a bitter taste in my mouth involving the commission. I know that the amount of money he got from me was a lot, so I sent him a message saying that I was fine with him keeping 100 after PayPal fees and also just letting the next highest bidder have the commission (it was 50 dollars less than my bid).

I feel like I could be an rear end in a top hat here because he had already started work on the commission, and I was essentially pulling out mid drawing. He is also moving into college in the coming months. AITA here?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 23, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for having high expectations for my bachelorette party?

quote:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

If someone is literally bigoted against you, then you are 100% in your rights to not give them money.

OP's only issue isn't naming and shaming them.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Cowslips Warren posted:

OP would be an rear end in a top hat if they didn't cancel that furry commission, don't give money to bigots

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

yeah people being bigoted assholes directly to you do not deserve your money. holy cow she is still letting them keep $100. frankly the dude should pay her $100. rear end in a top hat tax.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm not gonna google that stuff; what was she commissioning exactly - a YCH? I assume this is a physical object (fur suit?) where materials where involved, which makes sense in having sunk costs and being able to retool it to another customer.

You could also take the approach that the whole fur & transphobia stuff is a red herring: If you've paid a workman for some contract, good loving luck getting your money back if you've changed your mind after they've started working. I hope for their sake they didn't blast the artist before requesting a refund.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling someone I didn't invite to leave my party?

quote:

I know a girl through a friend at college (I'm a guy). She isn't really his friend but they're in the same class and we have mutual friends. I'm trying to be more cognizant of sexism but the vibe I got from her was seething contempt for me and a lot of other people. Not a difficult situation, just avoid her.

I went to a few parties, ran into her and gently roaster her, but she didn't take it well. She was pretty pissed after that. Her anger would manifest as eyerolls every time I ran into our mutual friends while she was with them. I'd also see her pass remarks to guys she was with when I passed by in what w3ekee to he a conspicuous effort to taunt me. Again, not a big deal, she didn't really hang out with us.

Fast forward to second year and I just got an apartment that my uncle let me stay in rent free. The place was a bit of a dump but it was a solid 3 bedroom 3 bath with a big living room, not much of a balcony but there were French doors leading out to it and it really brightened up the place. I had the idea to have a literal couple of friends move in (they were dating and are married now) to one room and we turned the other into a gym. I'm going off track here, but the idea was to save on their rent to let us fix the place and throw parties.

The parties are going great, but I see this girl at my place a couple of times and I just ignore her for fear of scaring anyone by lashing back.

FINALLY, it's the third party at our place, exams just ended and she's there again. I walk over with the intention of getting to the bottom of it. Let's caller T. I go up to T who is with a group of friends and I ask her if I can speak to her in private and she pointedly says "no". I SNAPPED, I said, "uh, we're not friends, why are you here?" I then abruptly took the glass she had out of her hand and escorted her to the front door. One other girl left with her. I didn't follow up but she was crying downstairs.

Now, some people aren't talking to me. It doesn't seem personal, just a matter of circumstance which I can understand. I'm sorry, but is it wrong not to want to take that disrespect so many times then finally in your own home?

I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what "w3ekee" is supposed to mean.

Also, from one of OP's comments......

OP posted:

No dude, I shouldn't have used the word roast. It sounds like verbal evisceration. We were all talking about our shortcomings and I made a remark about her thighs. We all shot at each other.

When I approached her, it was with the intention of giving her a quiet out but she chose to be snarky and make it public.

Evil Willow fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 23, 2022

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If someone is literally bigoted against you, then you are 100% in your rights to not give them money.

OP's only issue isn't naming and shaming them.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Serephina posted:

I'm not gonna google that stuff; what was she commissioning exactly - a YCH? I assume this is a physical object (fur suit?) where materials where involved, which makes sense in having sunk costs and being able to retool it to another customer.

You could also take the approach that the whole fur & transphobia stuff is a red herring: If you've paid a workman for some contract, good loving luck getting your money back if you've changed your mind after they've started working. I hope for their sake they didn't blast the artist before requesting a refund.

a quick google leads me to believe it's a pre-set pose and then the artist puts your specific character in that pose

so there would be an example of a blank figure sitting at their posting station making terrible posts on /r/relationships, then it says "your character here" and then highest bidder has their fursona making the terrible posts on r/relationships

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yes that’s exactly what it is. It lets the artist do some of the work beforehand and the commissioner get an idea of what the finished art will look like before they even drop a dime. granted you have less creative freedom but it works for a lotta people

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling someone I didn't invite to leave my party?

I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what "w3ekee" is supposed to mean.

it's "seemed" but typed bad

Serephina posted:

I did the googles. Apparently YCH is a bidding site for art? an artist posts an example or a template and then says what they will and won't do with it. Like one of the ones on the front page was a My Little Pony-type sketch (who here is surprised) and the notes were "any gender/colors, just lmk" seems pretty harmless honestly. Although $800 seems like a shitload compared to the couple of auctions I clicked on

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Buff Hardback posted:

a quick google leads me to believe it's a pre-set pose and then the artist puts your specific character in that pose

so there would be an example of a blank figure sitting at their posting station making terrible posts on /r/relationships, then it says "your character here" and then highest bidder has their fursona making the terrible posts on r/relationships

this is correct

$800 is a lot for a non-porn one

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Soak a cotton swab in Frank's Red Hot and stick it in his urethra before oral sex if you don't like the taste.

Half of their "tips" were genuinely along this line. Stuff that would be painful or unpleasant for the receiving partner, and definitely shouldn't be done without informed consent and advance warning. I think that tendency got a lot worse after 50 Shades came out, but it was always kind of there in the guise of 'kinky' suggestions that would add some spice to the relationship.

Serephina posted:

A YCH stands for "your character here" - it's a sketch, not a fursuit. Also, considering that the furry community trends very queer/LGBTQ, and is very accepting of anything that isn't abuse or bigotry, I don't know what the artist was thinking would happen if he and his buddies started bullying his client over their identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Nazifurs do exist, cursed by God and Man. The community is pretty good at telling them to gently caress off in general though