Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
What did he mean by this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finished the Strange New Worlds season. Can’t believe they managed to make a good Star Trek show

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Did a Lost Highway/Mulholland Drive double feature the other day and still reflecting on them both...

Lost Highway is so good. You see the word “dreamlike” used a lot to describe stuff that’s weird or surreal but the “we’ve met before, haven’t we?” scene left me with a weird feeling like I was watching a weird nightmare I’d had before and had forgotten about. Just perfectly nailed the feeling of an weird and unsettling dream.

Really excited for the 4K release later this year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Finished the Strange New Worlds season. Can’t believe they managed to make a good Star Trek show

i absolutely dont

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

i absolutely dont

Don’t believe they made a good Star Trek show? For real, check it out if you like anything pre 2000s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Don’t believe they made a good Star Trek show? For real, check it out if you like anything pre 2000s

the last like four showsve been so fuckin bad though. i'll give a shot after th seasons done

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Did a Lost Highway/Mulholland Drive double feature the other day and still reflecting on them both...

thats happening here in a few weeks, in 4k and on the big screen too, sick

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
actually not mulholland drive but inland empire, never saw that one. even better

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Inland Empire feels way different to Lynch's other films imo but Laura Dern is really, really good in it

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Meatwad Is God

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
wild at heart is my favorite lynch movie

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What if I told you? The new est Dungeons and Dragons movie? Was on pace to be the most bussin film? Of Q1 twenty twenty-three? What do you theenk?

Lol.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna be watching The Two Towers tonight with someone who doesn't know the "Viggo Mortensen actually broke his toe" fact tonight :mrgw:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna be watching The Two Towers tonight with someone who doesn't know the "Viggo Mortensen actually broke his toe" fact tonight :mrgw:

Lmfao the pussy is yours bro. Good poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I would never watch lord of the rings with someone who’s trying to sleep with me. They’d be trying to do hand stuff while I’m trotting out the classic “why would orcs know what a menu is?” bit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I'm genuinely happy for you

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

two types of people enter; one type of person leaves

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I would never watch lord of the rings with someone who’s trying to sleep with me. They’d be trying to do hand stuff while I’m trotting out the classic “why would orcs know what a menu is?” bit

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Synthy too disgusted by Gollum to notice his date trying to take his pants off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Synthy too disgusted by Gollum to notice his date trying to take his pants off

Thankfully she thinks it's nerd poo poo even though she watches anime with me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Synthy watching Gollum frame Sam for being a fatso like Gomer Pyle just rocking back and forth “I’d love to see him try that poo poo with me”

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Synthy watching Gollum frame Sam for being a fatso like Gomer Pyle just rocking back and forth “I’d love to see him try that poo poo with me”

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

It's the same way I feel about spooky children in movies. OoOOHh what am I gonna do about the 3ft tall thing menacing me *makes a field goal that would bring a tear to Vinatieri's eye*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's the same way I feel about spooky children in movies. OoOOHh what am I gonna do about the 3ft tall thing menacing me *makes a field goal that would bring a tear to Vinatieri's eye*

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My friend is really into Dr Who and tried to make me watch The Best Episodes once, and one of them was just about a six year old child in a gas mask who wanders up to the all powerful time travelling wizard main character and goes "awlrite guvnor, give us tuppence for a jellied eel or oi'll make yer mum fall down the ol apples 'n' pears" and they genuinely found this the scariest thing they've ever seen. I guess knowing that a small child was on the BBC set is a scary thought

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My friend is really into Dr Who and tried to make me watch The Best Episodes once, and one of them was just about a six year old child in a gas mask who wanders up to the all powerful time travelling wizard main character and goes "awlrite guvnor, give us tuppence for a jellied eel or oi'll make yer mum fall down the ol apples 'n' pears" and they genuinely found this the scariest thing they've ever seen. I guess knowing that a small child was on the BBC set is a scary thought

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmoa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

watched the lotr movies with a horse girl who would point out every time they switched out one of the main cast's horses.

"how can you tell?"

"he's way more handsome"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

insanely bad british tv ftmfw. extremely similar vibes to the star wars holiday special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q54lVO7elt0

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

watched the lotr movies with a horse girl who would point out every time they switched out one of the main cast's horses.

"how can you tell?"

"he's way more handsome"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008