Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021
It’s been 15 years and we still don’t have a Pixar Marvel movie. What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't normally care for Marvel Zombies but Kate, Yelena, and Kamala are there so hell yeah, I'm in

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh poo poo! Spectacular Spider-Man is on U.S. Netflix now! :woop:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair the whole Vampire thing happened because Jubilee had been one of the characters that got depowered after House of M and then someone wanted to bring her back to the X books but they weren't allowed to give her back her mutant abilities so they just had her become a vampire instead cause for some reason the X-Men deal with Vampire stuff a lot

That was the X-Men 'team up' book where they had somebody come in for the story arc and that one was as you might expect Blade. It's a shame about Jubilee being back to a mutant now. Vampire single mom Jubilation Lee was a great character.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I thought that this show was supposed to be set in the MCU.
But a big part of the last Spider-man film was how the MCU Peter didn't have or know a Otto Octavius or Norman Osborn.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah, I'm not piecing how it could be MCU. Was he a sophomore in Homecoming? That movie made it seem like Vulture was his first big bad guy.

Anyway, I think the designs are rad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm just assuming that it's in continuity with the MCU in the sense that the movies have established endless variant timelines and dimensions so this is like Spider-Man 61...7

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My prediction is it's gonna be canon the same way Agents of SHIELD was canon where it starts out making sense and then makes less and less as it goes on to the point where everyone's just like "yeah okay this is definitely not canon anymore but I still like it so whatever"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's not canon. Peter never met Doc Ock or Norman in the MCU. Norman is supposed to start as his mentor in this series.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What decade is the show supposed to be set in? Do actual teenagers dress like that? I'm thinking of the oversize plaid shirt, yellow sweater vest, mime-stripe t-shirt, and lime turtleneck and jacket there. Plus all the chucks, I guess. Not that I'm complaining at all--it just has the vague piquant of the 60s animated show for me mostly in the color palette.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's definitely visually based on the 60s with the costuming and animation style but I assume it ends there. Kind of like that show Sex Education on Netflix, which is a mash-up of eras. You always see people online wondering what decade it's supposed to be.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

X-O posted:

It's not canon. Peter never met Doc Ock or Norman in the MCU. Norman is supposed to start as his mentor in this series.

Yeah that was my thought and then the article on Marvel.com says

quote:

Yes, your Spidey sense are tingling and more Spider-Man is swimming this way with Spider-Man: Freshman Year, coming in 2024. The animated series follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider-Man in the MCU, starting with his freshman year of high school of course. Peter’s journey in the series will be unlike we've ever seen and a style that celebrates the character’s early comic book roots.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Didn’t Avi Arad say that the last two Spiderman cartoons were in the same continuity as Spectacular Spiderman? The people who write the copy are educated to know about writing exciting things and probably don’t understand narrative multiverses or separate continuities.

EDIT: it was that he said the Andrew Garfield Spiderman movies were sequels to the Raimi ones, right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

My prediction is it's gonna be canon the same way Agents of SHIELD was canon where it starts out making sense and then makes less and less as it goes on to the point where everyone's just like "yeah okay this is definitely not canon anymore but I still like it so whatever"

So far there's nothing to indicate it even starts the same. Like Ned is Peter's best friend in the whole world but is not in any of these images. Harry's there, and apparently Nico is going to be Pete's best friend.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Lobok posted:

It's definitely visually based on the 60s with the costuming and animation style but I assume it ends there. Kind of like that show Sex Education on Netflix, which is a mash-up of eras. You always see people online wondering what decade it's supposed to be.

The weird part of that show (that American audiences won't get) is that the kids all sound like they are from a very posh part of England, the village they are in looks like it's in Wales but there is all these weird American customs and traditions in the school and town.

It's all this bizarre hodge podge of reality blended together.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't see any point in connecting it to the movies. That just needlessly restricts the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teen Titans Go! has announced for their 365th episode, titled "365" will have Zack Snyder guest star as himself.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Teen Titans Go! has announced for their 365th episode, titled "365" will have Zack Snyder guest star as himself.

Will it be four hours long?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

God willing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mister Kingdom posted:

Will it be four hours long?

Shot entirely in slow motion, and if you speed it up it's just the normal runtime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s audience is also 90% bots

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Spectacular Spider-Man is back streaming on Netflix for the first time in what seems like forever! The best Spider-Man cartoon! It’s still great! Watched the whole first season this weekend. Forgot how creative and fun the action is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RIP Ra's Al Ghul

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I remember him most as Alpha from MiB Animated.

Didn't exactly have a lot of range, but he had such an iconic and commanding voice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Harley Quinn is back this week. 3 episodes to start and then weekly.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
He did. So commanding I wanted to see five lights

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
RIP David Warner, such a great career and now I need to watch time after time again.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TwoPair posted:

RIP Ra's Al Ghul

gently caress me. He was probably my favorite VA from my childhood. :( Even more than Brown, Hamill, and Conroy. He was like the English Koyasu. Immediately recognizable, but phenomenal in everything he did.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The best serious British guy voice since Tony Jay. RIP. I’m going to watch Time Bandits tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He always seemed like he was giving 100%. I don't think I ever saw a performance where he phoned it in.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bunnyofdoom posted:

He did. So commanding I wanted to see five lights

Chain of Command was even more impressive than I thought:

"Warner took over the role of Madred on three days notice and, though he had previously appeared in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, he knew nothing about the Cardassians from The Next Generation. As he recalled in a 2011 interview; "I took over on three days' notice. It was another makeup job. It was with Pat Stewart, who's an old colleague. It was great to be a part of that. I thought, "Oh, I've done two of the others, the old classic ones, and here I am in The Next Generation. I'll go for it." So I wasn't aware of it, of the Cardassians. I didn't know their history at all, except of course, that they weren't very nice." Due to the short time in which he had to prepare, Warner also did not have enough time to memorize his lines. As such, they were written down on cue cards. As he commented; "There was too much technobabble and dialogue that doesn't come naturally to me. So they wrote everything up for me. I don't mind people knowing this. Every line I said, I actually was reading it over Patrick's shoulder or they put it down there for me to do it."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I think my favourite scene he did is in the Batman episode "The Showdown."*

Basically Ra's kidnaps this old man from a nursing home and leaves Batman with a cassette tape to listen to as he drives to the airportnthey have gone to.
As it goes on, he narrates this tale from the old west.

And it becomes obvious that the guy who Ra's kidnapped is his son. Very old.
And Ra's explains he is too old for the Lazarus Pit to work on him, but he wants to take his son home so he can spend his final days in comfort.

And it's this amazingly moving and vulnerable scene from this villain. He is a bad guy, but still very human.

*= So it's the episode with Jonah Hex. But originally it was supposed to be a three parter. The first part with Jonah Hex, the third with Batman and the second part with Enemy Ace.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Question IRL posted:

I think my favourite scene he did is in the Batman episode "The Showdown."*

Basically Ra's kidnaps this old man from a nursing home and leaves Batman with a cassette tape to listen to as he drives to the airportnthey have gone to.
As it goes on, he narrates this tale from the old west.

And it becomes obvious that the guy who Ra's kidnapped is his son. Very old.
And Ra's explains he is too old for the Lazarus Pit to work on him, but he wants to take his son home so he can spend his final days in comfort.

And it's this amazingly moving and vulnerable scene from this villain. He is a bad guy, but still very human.

*= So it's the episode with Jonah Hex. But originally it was supposed to be a three parter. The first part with Jonah Hex, the third with Batman and the second part with Enemy Ace.

Goddamn I would have loved to see Enemy Ace in BTAS. That would have owned.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm finally watching the end of the Young Justice with all the Zod stuff, and I just gotta say 1) Zod is pretty justified in thinking "I was sentenced to 10 years and I've been here for forty? gently caress anyone who tries to keep me from leaving" and 2) The sentence for an attempted coup is just 10 years? He's a charismatic military general and you don't age in the phantom zone, if you don't want to execute a coup leader you at least put them in a normal jail where they will age like everyone else and most younger people will have forgotten about them.

If Krypton hadn't exploded, in ten years Zod would get out, there'd be a poo poo ton of people in the military that liked and agreed with his coup attempt, but didn't do anything that got them caught and then were promoted to higher positions in the military, so it's just Coup Two: Electric Boogaloo.

Phantom Zone just doesn't make sense as a punishment anyways, there's no rehabilitation process, you just put someone in a miserable place for decades and then theoretically release them? Krypton was really hosed up in the morality department. Makes sense the only good person from there was the one raised by farmers in Kansas.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

I'm finally watching the end of the Young Justice with all the Zod stuff, and I just gotta say 1) Zod is pretty justified in thinking "I was sentenced to 10 years and I've been here for forty? gently caress anyone who tries to keep me from leaving" and 2) The sentence for an attempted coup is just 10 years? He's a charismatic military general and you don't age in the phantom zone, if you don't want to execute a coup leader you at least put them in a normal jail where they will age like everyone else and most younger people will have forgotten about them.

If Krypton hadn't exploded, in ten years Zod would get out, there'd be a poo poo ton of people in the military that liked and agreed with his coup attempt, but didn't do anything that got them caught and then were promoted to higher positions in the military, so it's just Coup Two: Electric Boogaloo.

Phantom Zone just doesn't make sense as a punishment anyways, there's no rehabilitation process, you just put someone in a miserable place for decades and then theoretically release them? Krypton was really hosed up in the morality department. Makes sense the only good person from there was the one raised by farmers in Kansas.

To be exact it appears the Phantom Zoners can't really feel the effects of time. As they have no idea how long they have been there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
And the last few minutes were ending and they loving tease evil Mary Marvel and evil Supergirl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WB Animation is doing an adaptation of The Doom that Came to Gotham which could be cool as long as they don't just do it in their basic rear end animation style.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm finally watching the end of the Young Justice with all the Zod stuff, and I just gotta say 1) Zod is pretty justified in thinking "I was sentenced to 10 years and I've been here for forty? gently caress anyone who tries to keep me from leaving" and 2) The sentence for an attempted coup is just 10 years?
The longest sentence for January 6 to date is 63 months. The median is 45 days.

Trump will get 0 days, so 10 years is a lot compared to real life!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Maybe there's some kind of kryptonian halfway house where all the proper reformation happens and the phantom zone is just for the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They didn’t listen when a scientist told them their planet was going to explode. Maybe their society was just not designed very well. Can you imagine a civilization that just ignores evidence of impending ecological disaster because it would be inconvenient to change anything?