Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

Tunic? Its worth a play.

I think they are talking about Endling. It's a puzzle platformer where you play as a mother fox trying to help her cubs survive in a late stage capitalist wasteland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiM2_XB_HZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ryoga posted:

you play as a mother fox trying to help her cubs survive in a late stage capitalist wasteland.

Detroit?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Tokyo Jungle is the only animal game I'll ever need/want.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ryoga posted:

I think they are talking about Endling. It's a puzzle platformer where you play as a mother fox trying to help her cubs survive in a late stage capitalist wasteland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiM2_XB_HZE

yeah that's the one. deffo looks cute

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Congrats guys, you did it. Powerwash Simulator is more popular than Halo Infinite.

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1550506313423151104

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress, I gotta play this game.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The real shocker there is how popular sea of thieves still is. It’s a good game but still.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Having a really satisfying core mechanic definitely trumps having the slickest graphics that’s for sure. It’s just got such a “ok one more item to hose off..” addictive nature to it

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Now that XCloud is a thing can we take another crack at a Crackdown? Or just use the stronger hardware?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Congrats guys, you did it. Powerwash Simulator is more popular than Halo Infinite.

whoa i didnt know that the section was even allowed to have anything in it besides halo, cars, sports, and guns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

The real shocker there is how popular sea of thieves still is. It’s a good game but still.

It’s realllly fun co op

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ColdPie posted:

That's not a high bar to clear though, not a lot of people are playing Halo Infinite really.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Disposable Scud posted:

Now that XCloud is a thing can we take another crack at a Crackdown? Or just use the stronger hardware?

XCloud and the cloud compute used for CD3 are completely different. The problem that made them scale it down was related to cost and latency. XCloud could definitely reduce the cost thing quite a bit, but the latency would be a nightmare unless you could only play the game on XCloud and at that point it would be a lot of hard work for a niche title. Maybe someday, but I wouldn't plan on it any time soon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Blue Raider posted:

it's apparently a big money maker lol. i kinda want to try it but it depends on a group of friends and not randos and i simply dont know that many people who have xboxes

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

There's a clip that attaches your phone to an xbox controller on sale here that I like using for Cloud stuff.

Also I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is Agents of Mayhem worth $2?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nah.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Wiltsghost posted:

gently caress, I gotta play this game.

It is the perfect podcast game. Mute the TV, toss on a few podcasts and watch as your backlog of episodes disappear all while you slowly remove layers of digital gunk from various buildings and such.

Game rules and everytime I think "Oh I must be getting towards the end right?" There's new missions being handed to me.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

MikeRabsitch posted:

The first couple of hours are okay, then you realize it is an incredibly shallow game with very little to do.

I’d like to hear the full story of what happened to that game some day because it had great potential.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

MikeRabsitch posted:

FWIW, the online servers that allow you to do "contracts" were shut down a while ago, so there also one achievement in there that is unobtainable.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It took me too long to discover the autofire button in Power wash sim.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MikeRabsitch posted:

*hellish figure who has 100%ed the game floats into the room*

No.

*floats away*

*returns again*

Sywert of Thieves posted:

FWIW, the online servers that allow you to do "contracts" were shut down a while ago, so there also one achievement in there that is unobtainable.

They did? Huh. One of the other achievements is collecting the thousands of red crystals all throughout the city. I think you have enough crystals for their intended purpose at the halfway mark. It didn't get as grindy as the contracts, but you had to surgically comb places with an online map. It would have been painful to miss one without an idea where througout the city it could be.

Again, you have to be struggling with something fierce to even consider playing that game for more than 10 hours, let alone finish the campaign, let alone getting all those drat cheevos...

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 23, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got all achievements in agents of mayhem and do not ever recommend that or really the game as a hole. Its a disjointed mess that didn't understand itself or simply was a midstream design shift that didn't work. Its at war with itself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat power washing sim is ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

game as a hole.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Game as a hole
Black like your soul

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Barudak posted:

I got all achievements in agents of mayhem and do not ever recommend that or really the game as a hole. Its a disjointed mess that didn't understand itself or simply was a midstream design shift that didn't work. Its at war with itself

I picked it up years ago because Saints Row was so much fun, but I've seen nothing but mediocre reviews about it sadly. I haven't tried it yet.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I picked it up years ago because Saints Row was so much fun, but I've seen nothing but mediocre reviews about it sadly. I haven't tried it yet.

I bought it when it was on one of its many $2.99 for the complete edition sales because the reviews had been so bad but I figured for $3 it can't be that bad right?

According to my Xbox stats for the game I've played 3 hours of it. That's about all the fucks I was able to give enough to play it.

The story is meh, it looks nice enough but it just never really gels into something I would say is actually engaging or fun. Did you like the jumping/flying elements of SR4? The movement feels sorta similar and you're encouraged to jump and climb the buildings but :geno:

It's sorta neat to see Johnny Gat and Kinzie and Oleg back (well Oleg isn't Oleg but it's basically the same model and I think the same voice) but Gats a cop now and Kinzie had some bits of dialogue that sorta hinted at her back story being the same as the one she has in SR3.

It's just not very fun, and ultimately a disappointment, especially since I thought the original trailers seemed pretty cool.

Skip it and just replay one of the SR games.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

joylessdivision posted:

I bought it when it was on one of its many $2.99 for the complete edition sales because the reviews had been so bad but I figured for $3 it can't be that bad right?

According to my Xbox stats for the game I've played 3 hours of it. That's about all the fucks I was able to give enough to play it.

The story is meh, it looks nice enough but it just never really gels into something I would say is actually engaging or fun. Did you like the jumping/flying elements of SR4? The movement feels sorta similar and you're encouraged to jump and climb the buildings but :geno:

It's sorta neat to see Johnny Gat and Kinzie and Oleg back (well Oleg isn't Oleg but it's basically the same model and I think the same voice) but Gats a cop now and Kinzie had some bits of dialogue that sorta hinted at her back story being the same as the one she has in SR3.

It's just not very fun, and ultimately a disappointment, especially since I thought the original trailers seemed pretty cool.

Skip it and just replay one of the SR games.

I did the exact same thing except I was never a SR fan.

I figured for a few bucks I'd super hero around a city and explode some bad guys. But it was dull. Just seemed to be no inspiration to it. The mission hub set up was loving stupid. It very much struck me as a game trapped between two different design philosophies and two generations of gameplay innovation

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Noting down the names of everyone who bought that turd despite it being obvious 10 miles away

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I bought it ages ago because my brain has been broken by Steam sales

I have never even booted up the game. I think a friend may have played it while he was checking on my cat

edit: no that was gat out of hell

John F Bennett posted:

It took me too long to discover the autofire button in Power wash sim.

WHAT

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

If you're saying this because you also didn't know about autofire and not because you're surprised about me just finding this out recently, it's left on the d-pad, my dude.

Now you can free up your right index finger for the more important stuff.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Scuba Trooper posted:

I bought it ages ago because my brain has been broken by Steam sales

I have never even booted up the game. I think a friend may have played it while he was checking on my cat

edit: no that was gat out of hell

WHAT

Tap left on the Dpad for auto fire :D

E: gently caress too slow. I'll just add the other handy tip I figured out, hitting A on the checklist items makes them flash in world so if you're sitting at 99% completion but can't find what you're missing, that's the ticket.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

This is a whole new world. This changes everything.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i spent forty hours in power wash simulator this past week and i don't regret a god drat second of it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On PC it is right mouse button so I did it right off the bat when trying to ADS to snype some grime lol

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Power Wash sim is my go do hole to dump real life hours into. i'm kinda sad I can't buy new balance DLC shoes for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I saw a dirty floor irl the other day and really wanted to spray it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

elf help book posted:

I saw a dirty floor irl the other day and really wanted to spray it.

Lol I saw some graffiti that was the exact same blue as some of it in the game and I had the urge to powerwash it. Reminds me of how I played the tony hawk games so much I started seeing skateboard lines irl despite never skateboarding in my life.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Power washing IRL is fun as hell and I wish we had the technology the game does where the water and grime evaporates into the air after being blasted. That and weed whacking and probably the most fun chores I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

incoherent posted:

Power Wash sim is my go do hole to dump real life hours into. i'm kinda sad I can't buy new balance DLC shoes for it.

I finished the last career mode mission this afternoon and was sad there wasn't any more.

So I jumped into one of the bonus stages for a while. The mini golf course is fun.