Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rust Martialis posted:

Tbqh quite a few of the 'goons' and 'goon culture' that formed the core of the alliance a decade+ ago are a big root of the cancer in current GSF. Hence the trickle of retvets from that era that popped up in this thread during the last Delve War all being shocked you couldn't be sexist, racist and so on. They usually flamed out here almost instantly.

Given the cultural shift on SA, we're the ones that stopped being "goons" as they saw it. GSF has stayed closer to the "goon culture", haven't they? Isn't that the problem? SA goons grew up, Eve goons didn't.

So saying GSF isn't "goons" is ignoring the fact they're absolutely goons, but it's like a racist grandpa who keeps using slurs from his youth. They're just eve goons. Of all the things to obsess over, gatekeeping 'goon' is pretty out there, given over a decade of the link, overdue for severing though it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What's the origin of this?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Feliday Melody posted:

What's the origin of this?

when toilet eve started, a bunch of karmafeet etc pubbies were actually part of the beta group that started up groomswarm, then within like 3 weeks it exploded because wow what a surprise theyre all terrible at doing anything and not even part of the forums but instead the satellite EO nerds that latched onto "goons" after bob died.

a bunch of them tried to move over to honk after the series of goon-related implosions and were stuck wondering how goons without sa auth

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Goonswarm just told me I didn't understand it's sense of humour.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

esto es malo posted:

when toilet eve started, a bunch of karmafeet etc pubbies were actually part of the beta group that started up groomswarm, then within like 3 weeks it exploded because wow what a surprise theyre all terrible at doing anything and not even part of the forums but instead the satellite EO nerds that latched onto "goons" after bob died.

a bunch of them tried to move over to honk after the series of goon-related implosions and were stuck wondering how goons without sa auth

I did not understand any of that. That's a 2020 screenshot. Bob died ages ago?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Feliday Melody posted:

I did not understand any of that. That's a 2020 screenshot. Bob died ages ago?

The Molle ss and the other are unrelated (except in theme)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

The Molle ss and the other are unrelated (except in theme)

Yes, but the reply mentions Bob and karmafleet. I have no idea what it has to do with Bob.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

spazzhole posted:

Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective. The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe. I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

you're a cop union guy arent you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Distasteful that there's still people trying to hem and haw and plant the seeds of rewriting history itt, even as we still have memory of exactly what happened and in what order freshly in memory and in text log

just walk away

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
JOIN GOOSEFLEET TODAY!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Potato Salad posted:

Distasteful that there's still people trying to hem and haw and plant the seeds of rewriting history it

just walk away

Well actually people who knowingly sheltered nonces in their group for a decade don’t like it when people point that out and think it’s dreadfully mean, so therefore the people making the well founded and true accusations deserve everything they get, if only they had listened to the people who didn’t want to rock the boat.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rust Martialis posted:

Tbqh quite a few of the 'goons' and 'goon culture' that formed the core of the alliance a decade+ ago are a big root of the cancer in current GSF. Hence the trickle of retvets from that era that popped up in this thread during the last Delve War all being shocked you couldn't be sexist, racist and so on. They usually flamed out here almost instantly.

Given the cultural shift on SA, we're the ones that stopped being "goons" as they saw it. GSF has stayed closer to the "goon culture", haven't they? Isn't that the problem? SA goons grew up, Eve goons didn't.

So saying GSF isn't "goons" is ignoring the fact they're absolutely goons, but it's like a racist grandpa who keeps using slurs from his youth. They're just eve goons. Of all the things to obsess over, gatekeeping 'goon' is pretty out there, given over a decade of the link, overdue for severing though it was.

However the verbiage ends up breaking down, SomethingAwful bucked our serial abuser owner and GSF kinda maybe sorta did, jury's still out.

GSF sure as hell isn't going to be doing any growing so long as it continues to permit rightwing extremism to mainstream in the core GF.com and jabber community spaces.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
"the problem is that the people with recorded evidence that a crime was committed and abetted were rude, therefore they are as unsympathetic as the people directly involved with that crime"

I don't know why :decorum: is always the argument for why the leaders of a video game guild shouldn't be expected to avoid covering-up for documented pedophiles, but there you go. We already went through this in ArcheAge - line members, for real take anything you have out of GSF-owned hangars before it gets worse

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

That's unfair.

There's a line between voicing really intense disappointment versus "you're a cop aren't you" kind of stuff

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Good Dumplings posted:

"the problem is that the people with recorded evidence that a crime was committed and abetted were rude, therefore they are as unsympathetic as the people directly involved with that crime"

I don't know why :decorum: is always the argument for why the leaders of a video game guild shouldn't be expected to avoid covering-up for documented pedophiles

Appeal to decorum is an appeal to return to the passive peaceable silence of victims unheard and pedophiles quietly sheltered.

"Let's return to peace" is structural power asking to remain powerful and structurally emplaced.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Appeal to decorum also offers opportunity to those who wish to begin the work of twisting words, rewriting event chronology, and shifting blame for fallout on to the oh-so-insensitive pedophile exposers, transphobia resisters, and those who understand that sexual harassment is more insidious than "why can't that broken wing bitch find the block button."

I don't even think that someone needs to necessarily intend to start rewriting history or going DARVO on the situation post hoc. I think people are sometimes used to just seeing that kind of dynamic play out: "it's behind us now, let's nitpick the ~strategic planning~ of the people who saw a simple request for addressing sexual harassment escalate rapidly into an internal affairs disaster that runs all the way to the top dogs sheltering pedophiles knowingly for a decade."

Anyone who has actually done any kind of genuine crisis management ought to know exactly how that continuum from a specific issue to a huge wrestling match provides little time for backing down and out without losing the opportunity to affect change, especially given that this was a video game community and not a professional union.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 23, 2022

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i mean to be fair if they unbanned me absolutely the first thing i'd do would be to post goatse on every possible location i could with a speed that should be incalculable with current sensor equipment

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
which is absolutely the level of 'decorum' you should always be showing these weirdo space middle manager types

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Potato Salad posted:

Appeal to decorum is an appeal to return to the passive peaceable silence of victims unheard and pedophiles quietly sheltered.

"Let's return to peace" is structural power asking to remain powerful and structurally emplaced.

There should be no peace within the ranks. There should be people picking up the pitchforks and torches. At this point GSF needs to wither away and die. Or be actively weeded out root and stem. Then doused in Roundup for good measure. But that's not going to happen. As long as people tell themselves it doesn't affect me. They'll continue on with the status quo at minimum. Or actively cover up any malfeasance by the directors.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

no, blue collar work

cop unions aren't real unions anyways

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

There should be no peace within the ranks. There should be people picking up the pitchforks and torches. At this point GSF needs to wither away and die. Or be actively weeded out root and stem. Then doused in Roundup for good measure. But that's not going to happen. As long as people tell themselves it doesn't affect me. They'll continue on with the status quo at minimum. Or actively cover up any malfeasance by the directors.

It is sufficient to write the alliance off as a yet another NC. style concentration of openly aggressive political extremists and abuse minimizers. These people will always exist; the goal is to make the radioactive sign around the alliance's neck as bright as possible.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rereading, I am tickled pink by the shades of meaning available in "affect change"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

learnincurve posted:

Goonswarm just told me I didn't understand it's sense of humour.

*making a roman salute* You just don't get it, do you?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
welp

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 23, 2022

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
That was yogish with the helicopter crack

This was tuzy:

!tuzy posted:

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
imagine getting heated over corpmails

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 23, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder that the OG idiot in mail had genuinely no idea what the attack helicopter joke was and is actually a decent person. He was absolutely mortified when he found out what it meant, to the point that he has quit the internet to go do cool stuff in real life.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. Why are you aggroing Brisk? The Imperium has the best strategists, economists, managers, we generate the best content, we have great people who understand the balance of the game. Who do you think is more versed in game balance? The person who fled the ship in hysterics a few years ago, or the person who still plays with us and tries to make the world of EVE a better place? The economy of EVE is a complex mechanism that not everyone can understand. You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. People can't sit on a super ship, farm harbor, and not buy omega for $ and get trillions of ISK. This leads to total chaos. Our respected CEOs of the Imperium know what they are doing and there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad or pursues personal ambitions? No. He tries his best for all of us. It is only thanks to our leaders that we feel great in this game and get the best content thanks to our leaders.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If Sigma has sleeper agents then I am one zzzzzzz :effort:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dalmuti posted:

Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. ... You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. ... there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad

Do you have a link, because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I don't actually remember where that one came from originally. Maybe reddit.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalmuti posted:

The Imperium has the best [...] economists

Well, "had" the best. :v:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

Do you have a link, because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

it was a helldump thread

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Bring back helldump if you want to figure out who the sleeper agents are

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dalmuti posted:

Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. Why are you aggroing Brisk? The Imperium has the best strategists, economists, managers, we generate the best content, we have great people who understand the balance of the game. Who do you think is more versed in game balance? The person who fled the ship in hysterics a few years ago, or the person who still plays with us and tries to make the world of EVE a better place? The economy of EVE is a complex mechanism that not everyone can understand. You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. People can't sit on a super ship, farm harbor, and not buy omega for $ and get trillions of ISK. This leads to total chaos. Our respected CEOs of the Imperium know what they are doing and there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad or pursues personal ambitions? No. He tries his best for all of us. It is only thanks to our leaders that we feel great in this game and get the best content thanks to our leaders.

Dalmuti flirting with catching friendly fire again. love it

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
if we bring back helldump it may interfere with the directorates ability to reread 40k lore

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vando posted:

The whole "nobody will stay banned who wouldn't be banned before" is bullshit that does not recognise what a protest action is, and that the whole point of it is to be disruptive to draw attention to the issue.

This is like overthrowing a tyrant by storming the presidential palace, but all the people that broke down the door stay in jail under the new regime because "that's property damage you know"

In this post I will attempt to demonstrate why not punishing the killers of emperor Caligula 2000 years ago directly lead to the housting of The Mittani and furthermore...

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalmuti posted:

I don't actually remember where that one came from originally. Maybe reddit.

It was reddit.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
there are still directors in GSF who think BBTB saying the N word in a "rap parody" is uncontroversial because "its in the lyrics" but yeah lets keep posting about the cultural revolution lolol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Personally I say "playa" instead when I recite rap music lyrics