Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yurukill: The Calumniation Games

This is a really bizarre game. A mixture of room escape visual novel with some murder mystery and also a shmup. It goes some pretty wild places and overall was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i used to love that game as a kid, football stage ftw

same, hell yeah

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker
19. Yakuza 5

This series is epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Social Media posted:

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (100%, Normal Difficulty)

Great ARPG. Haven't played any of the Ys games between Origins and this so Ys VIII is probably next. 100% was pretty enjoyable except for getting 100% map completion. Having to fly over giant sections of the game's main area that aren't accessible by any other means to get the last tiny bits of unexplored map was absolute cheeks.

Wot platform did you play on? Gotta get to this someday, Ys kicks rear end.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Wot platform did you play on? Gotta get to this someday, Ys kicks rear end.

pc with xbox controller. looks like it's on ps4 and switch as well. definitely worth a play :cheers:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

24) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I remember renting it and liking the football part

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That level was cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I rented Buster Busts Loose a bunch as a kid, fun game and yeah the football level was cool

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Cyberpunk 2077 -- did they really have to put the HR and legal people in the credits?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Pretty much perfect. Maybe my only nitpick is the camera loved to burrow into the geometry. But I loved literally everything else. Short, too. More games should be short.

Again on revengeance mode.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Frenz posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 -- did they really have to put the HR and legal people in the credits?

Heh, knowing HR and legal, they probably insisted on it! Hopefully their credits are a smaller font size though, haha :D

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Heh, knowing HR and legal, they probably insisted on it! Hopefully their credits are a smaller font size though, haha :D

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Major Isoor posted:

:cheerdoge:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

Lol. Bless you Major

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. Bless you Major

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Major Isoor posted:

lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

lol

also

54) Power Wash Simulator

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

also

54) Power Wash Simulator

im playing this and holy poo poo that takes a lot of time good job

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Golden Wildfire path). Gameplay-wise it's easily the best of the recent licensed musou spinoffs, the action gameplay is fun but it also retains some of the strategic elements that Zelda: Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers more or less entirely discarded, which makes a huge difference. It's vital to keep checking the tactical map and giving orders to the officers that you aren't directly controlling and proper map control is important again like it is in the mainline Samurai Warriors.

It's also really good at capturing a lot of what I liked about Three Houses, it feels really true to the characters and world and gives you a new perspective on them; the fact that you have a new protagonist who's just a comrade to most of the soldiers instead of a leader like in Three Houses lets them show new sides to the character's personalities while still feeling true to the original, to the point that characters I didn't like in the first game are among my favorites in this one.

The only downside is that I honestly kind of hate the Golden Deer's story in this one lol. It feels like they just threw out everything that made Claude himself and the Golden Deer as a whole faction likable, in Three Houses Claude is a scheming trickster who no one ever really has a read on or fully trusts and is always careful to keep his own interests in mind and not tie himself too closely to any of the other factions in the game, and the Deer were fun because they were like a really dysfunctional group of bickering eccentrics from a country that was pretty much the same, refusing to bow to a king so all their decisions are made at rowdy roundtable conferences between rival lords. So of course like three chapters into Three Hopes Claude decides to dissolve the Alliance and the roundtable and declare himself king with absolutely no pushback from anyone else, joins up with Edelgard and serves her most of the game, and is completely straightforward and honest the whole game. He pulls off exactly one scheme in the whole story pretty early on, and briefly considers a second one before deciding to be trustworthy instead. So it kind of tossed everything I liked about this house which is a bummer because they were my favorite in the original. Interested to see if the other routes are any better. I also didn't like that the overall story felt like it ended with way too much unresolved to the point that the three factions are still at war with the narrator saying that no one's sure when the war will end when the credits roll which has me worried that it might not just be the Golden Deer. But we'll see I guess.

Basically tldr is that I loved the gameplay and character writing but hated at least this path of the main storyline.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

im playing this and holy poo poo that takes a lot of time good job

I got it in early access so technically it's taken me about a year to do it.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metal gear solid 3

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

55) Garden Story

Seems like they kinda wanted to make a game somewhere between a 2d zelda and animal crossing, and what they ended up with was a chore simulator with mediocre combat. It's cute, but just kinda boring. probably about a 6 or 6.5/10

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Mammoth Rank)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

33) Mass Effect

I forgot how fantastic the ending theme was. Two more to go

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

10. Torna: The Golden Country.

Epic. Hyped as hell for 3.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign

Not sure if I should have SoHK in the same completion slot or not, but eh I'll lump it in. Wasn't too bad; maybe took eight hours? Finally done though - I'll take a break from Shadowrun to play something else. Hopefully I can get something MGS-related installed and get it done by EoM

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Major Isoor posted:

Not sure if I should have SoHK in the same completion slot or not, but eh I'll lump it in. Wasn't too bad; maybe took eight hours? Finally done though - I'll take a break from Shadowrun to play something else. Hopefully I can get something MGS-related installed and get it done by EoM

Did you play Dragonfall? IIRC you completed Returns and now Hong Kong. If you haven‘t played Dragonfall, please do as soon as you feel the urge to play a similar game again. A lot of gameplay mechanics from Returns were improved (basically similar to Hong Kong) but at the same time also has maybe the best storytelling of the three.

Also if you like Dragonfall, give the SNES Shadowrun a try. Similar vibes, and imo one of the best SNES rpgs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

1. Yakuza 0
2. Elden Ring
3. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
4. Triangle Strategy
5. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
6. Trials of Mana (2020 Remake)
7. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Rolled credits on Sunbreak, had a great time. Monster Hunter Rise is already great, and Sunbreak takes the good parts and makes them better, while moving away from some of the parts of Rise that were kind of a drag (Rampages). I also had a surprisingly good time hanging out with the characters doing follower hunts, which are an unexpectedly fun feature.

Nowhere close to done, of course, because it's Monster Hunter. Got a lot more weapons to make, armor to craft, and monsters to stab.

tuo posted:

Did you play Dragonfall? IIRC you completed Returns and now Hong Kong. If you haven‘t played Dragonfall, please do as soon as you feel the urge to play a similar game again. A lot of gameplay mechanics from Returns were improved (basically similar to Hong Kong) but at the same time also has maybe the best storytelling of the three.

Yeah I liked Dragonfall the best of the three when I played them years ago. The story was really good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Disco Elysium

Amazing

Had thought it was funny goferchan cried at the end

Are you the miracle?

No, you are

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Uniracers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

Also if you like Dragonfall, give the SNES Shadowrun a try. Similar vibes, and imo one of the best SNES rpgs.

having played the snes shadowrun recently. you're insane

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

tuo posted:

Will do! I'm not sure why I jumped ahead to SRHK (Since that's the third one, I gather? I suppose it shouldn't matter too much though, given they're separate plots) but sure, I'll probably play Dragonfall a little later this year, while the knowledge on how to play the game is relatively fresh. Sounds like a plan to me!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I got the codename "Elephant" again. Really good game, keeps a lot of what made MGS and the MSX games great while also advancing in new ways like the expanded weapon arsenal and first-person aiming. It's funny how ahead of its time it was in its discussion of digital information. Raiden as a protagonist was really funny at first but I came to genuinely like him by the end. I'm really looking forward to playing 3 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Raiden is cool