Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

By popular demand posted:

If I had skills I'd draw that bollard an enthusiastic face and arms lifted high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Soul Dentist posted:

Was the center fielder just too crushed by losing the ball in the lights to field it?

He said he didn’t want to get in the other guy’s way so he just stopped and figured he’d reach it first anyway.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/fZ6Nbgx.mp4

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

(Red) HULK SMASH!

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

:stonk:

I got burned like that once being at a baseball game in my early 20's. I got a bunch of new freckles from it.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:stonk: this man should be in a hospital for real

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Hey! We're stonk buddies! :respek:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Sweet jimminy jesus. Yeah that's a full on second-degree burn now at minimum.
E: assuming he doesn't get hell of skin cancer, he's going to peel like a mmmmotherfucker for at least a month.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 23, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

lol it's not even in Toronto where maybe the overhead stadium lights or whatever could have been an excuse

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Robobot posted:

:stonk:

I got burned like that once being at a baseball game in my early 20's. I got a bunch of new freckles from it.

I got it on my legs wearing shorts at an air show. I could barely sleep or change pants/underwear from how much it hurt.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

#9 has an absolutely fantastic rear end

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

I mean goddamn that dude got buns

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

#5 storming away in shame due to how weak his rear end is in comparison despite his best efforts

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng7N2wja2A8

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

drat that guy brought cake for everyone

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Robobot posted:

Hey! We're stonk buddies! :respek:

:stonk: :respek: :stonk:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

#5 storming away in shame due to how weak his rear end is in comparison despite his best efforts

horny is forbidden

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

That’s where all the power comes from.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

TIL that John Wayne, proto chud who dodged WW2 draft (somewhat fair) and then tried to feel tough by demonizing communists and convincing kids to go to Vietnam, died because he shot a film portraying Genghis Khan 100 miles from an open air nuclear test https://interestingengineering.com/downwinders-and-the-tragic-legacy-of-the-film-the-conqueror

Live by the cold war, die by the cold war

E: actually heard through Behind the Bastards, an amazing podcast, the above was just a convenient article to link. Here's the good stuff: https://overcast.fm/+4cUMO3M1k nuke death is actually in part 3

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 23, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Stupid sexy Murphy

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nobody ever brings up “Put ‘Em on the Glass”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianBoitano posted:

TIL that John Wayne, proto chud who dodged WW2 draft (somewhat fair) and then tried to feel tough by demonizing communists and convincing kids to go to Vietnam, died because he shot a film portraying Genghis Khan 100 miles from an open air nuclear test https://interestingengineering.com/downwinders-and-the-tragic-legacy-of-the-film-the-conqueror

Live by the cold war, die by the cold war

E: actually heard through Behind the Bastards, an amazing podcast, the above was just a convenient article to link. Here's the good stuff: https://overcast.fm/+4cUMO3M1k nuke death is actually in part 3

Look up how Jimmy Stewart and John Ford spent the war to see how big a pussy John Wayne was.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nobody ever brings up “Put ‘Em on the Glass”

offend me, offend me
you can freak me if you’re friendly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/sO4MosW.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This one definitely subverted expectations!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skwirl posted:

Look up how Jimmy Stewart and John Ford spent the war to see how big a pussy John Wayne was.

John Ford made fun of Wayne to his face on set about it.

John Ford also literally filmed the Battle of Midway.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

John Ford made fun of Wayne to his face on set about it.

John Ford also literally filmed the Battle of Midway.

And D-Day on film that, aside from the people working on it, has only been seen by FDR, Churchill and Stalin.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Skwirl posted:

And D-Day on film that, aside from the people working on it, has only been seen by FDR, Churchill and Stalin.

They’re hiding the fact that aliens helped the US forces aren’t they?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Skwirl posted:

And that pathetic draft dodger spent the rest of his life doing a series of conservative and anti-communist xenophobic movies about evil minorities, ideologies or how great American WASP people truly are. Truly the great example for the Trumpists and alt-right everywhere.

Besides the mentioned Conqueror on which he was lampooned, he more or less filmed the exact same type of westerns again and again. Most of the stuff he ever won on his "acting" career are political stuff or for political stuff.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Der Kyhe posted:

And that pathetic draft dodger spent the rest of his life doing a series of conservative and anti-communist xenophobic movies about evil minorities, ideologies or how great American WASP people truly are. Truly the great example for the Trumpists and alt-right everywhere.

Besides the mentioned Conqueror on which he was lampooned, he more or less filmed the exact same type of westerns again and again. Most of the stuff he ever won on his "acting" career are political stuff or for political stuff.

Suddenly 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance' takes on a very unique spin. Yikes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Behind the Bastards has several episodes on John Wayne, which is always a good sign: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-john-wayne-a-dude-96069010/

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

He should have kept on flapping!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

I'm not saying he wasn't a huge piece of poo poo, but I think most of the John Ford films he was in have merit and aren't as racist or conservative as you expect a John Wayne western from the 30 or 40s to be, though I give the credit for that to Ford.

It's his later work, where I assume he was given more control that they start to get worse. But even then, his one Oscar was for True Grit.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Skwirl posted:

The a actual first wave of landings? I thought most of the photos and stuff were of post battle moving machinery and men onto the beach

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

mobby_6kl posted:

Behind the Bastards has several episodes on John Wayne, which is always a good sign: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-john-wayne-a-dude-96069010/

Yup, that's what sparked this topic :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ilmucche posted:

The a actual first wave of landings? I thought most of the photos and stuff were of post battle moving machinery and men onto the beach

The actual landings, don't know if he got the first landing, but he was shooting film while everyone else was shooting bullets.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's his later work, where I assume he was given more control that they start to get worse. But even then, his one Oscar was for True Grit.

which was remade with a better actor :colbert:

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyusTUFdl0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
His most impressive feat is somehow making John Wayne Gacy only the 2nd worst person named John Wayne.