Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

make alligator Loki or Jeff the landshark minis instead imo

:hmmyes: I introduced my kid to Jeff and he went through all the Infinity comics of him in an afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to see the Xmen do the Hellfire part of Dark Pheonix, with Shaw and thr rest in their 18th century knickers and frock coats. Also where the xmen are captured except wolverine so he just slices his way though their guards. But that's as far as it goes. This also let's you set up Emma joining in the second movie.

Or Brood Saga. That's a good space adventure that gets ignored.

Or even just thr first Shiiar story where they have to take down D'ken and the M'kaan crystal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've said it before but I hope they go Shiar/Brood with the X-Men and make them a key part of some kind of big Galactic Storm space war. And then they could do Dark Phoenix right in theory.

That's long term though. I'd like to see Hellfire Club done well including with an Emma Frost run Hellions counter school. And maybe like Morlocks/Sinister playing up the idea that not all mutations make you a sexy super hero.

Just don't build another reboot around Jean and Cyclops. Please.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
hear me out:

Danny DeVito

Mojoworld

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Magneto character doesn't have to be a Holocaust survivor to work, no. As people have shown, there's other options. Out of universe though? Yes, he has to be. You can't change that.

Ror posted:

I still miss original Groot. I didn’t find baby Groot irresistible and teen Groot is just kinda annoying to me. He kinda turned from an actual personality into just a quick joke character. I hope these minis are a little more than that but I doubt it.

The preshow for the Guardians ride at Epcot that just opened has adult Groot. Disney's big on all that stuff being plausibly in universe, so he's probably aging back up soon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1550895772303966208?t=OAr9nI--H6IaA8Ipl4YHxQ&s=19

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought the first Shazam was fun but a little tonally confused but that just kind of looks like it could be a blast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a new Black Adam teaser as well. Seems like Justice Society is the new Justice League basically according the panel at Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCFc5JtkkA

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This looks pretty fun, but the funniest part was that they acknowledged Flash and Battfleck.

Is the first Shazam worth seeing now? I'm very much not a fan of DC stuff but it seemed tonally different and disconnected enough that it looked like it could be good. And I like Zachary Levi.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Wow, that D&D movie doesn't look terrible.

Shazam looks great, I really enjoyed the first.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamesman posted:

This looks pretty fun, but the funniest part was that they acknowledged Flash and Battfleck.

Is the first Shazam worth seeing now? I'm very much not a fan of DC stuff but it seemed tonally different and disconnected enough that it looked like it could be good. And I like Zachary Levi.

It's a solid B, certainly a lot more fun than a lot of the DC stuff

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shazam is a pretty good family movie with some weird parts of a lot of darker stuff that seems very out of place.

I think it's worth a watch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1550916582620143617?s=21&t=3L85-9sW71fV8_Nptmk8Bw

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

I don't want to read a TMZ link, but did he actually bail? He wasn't supposed to be there, right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He was "reportedly" going to be there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lobok posted:

https://twitter.com/MurrellDan/status/1550924247274606592

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Lobok posted:

Gotcha. So he ditched out on an apperance he was never going to make. Never change, internet journalism.

People need to move on from Cavill as Superman. Let the next guy do it and do a different job in a different movie with different asthetics .

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Just don't build another reboot around Jean and Cyclops. Please.

Please build the Reboot around Jean and Cyclops.

just so the kids can see why the Emma/Scott relationship is a more narratively and emotionally fulfilling pairing:getin:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I like the tv Superman

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cyclops has never got a fair treatment in the films so I'll fight anyone who doesn't want him to actually be developed.

Plus now you can do a teenage Scott and make him another member of Kamala's reverse harem.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 23, 2022

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
^^^^^^^ I would also like to see a proper attempt at Cyclops but I don't know about starting as a teenager.

Is it just me or did they tone down the Shazam fake muscle suit just enough for it to almost look real in this one?

Also, did Zachary Levi age 15 years since the last one?

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 24, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like Emma’s tough to do. Her villain history is important to her character, but if she has a face turn in the same movie she’s introduced in it’ll be a bit weak. I feel like she’d need a good 2 or three villain storylines first but that requires a hell of a lot of future planning

E: I was going to say, one of the many reasons a show would be better vvv

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 24, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

It's a solid B, certainly a lot more fun than a lot of the DC stuff

They're called DC movies because all their movies are D's and C's!

:wal: :stat: Ohohohoho!

Am I the only one that would prefer an X-Men live-action series, versus movies or a cartoon? With so many different characters and stories to tell, I think a show would give the breathing room that's really needed to explore all of that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Zachman does look a little more old-thin, but I still remember him from Chuck and that was, uh, 15 years ago?

They definitely toned down the superhero toy muscles from the suit. Kind of miss it, tbh.

Jamesman posted:

Am I the only one that would prefer an X-Men live-action series, versus movies or a cartoon?
The SFX budget would kill it. But yeah, I'd love to see a reality where we get another movie trying to do Dark Phoenix right while a TV show does their own dark Phoenix

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Opopanax posted:

I feel like Emma’s tough to do. Her villain history is important to her character, but if she has a face turn in the same movie she’s introduced in it’ll be a bit weak. I feel like she’d need a good 2 or three villain storylines first but that requires a hell of a lot of future planning

It would be cool if they built up a Brotherhood at the same pace and story emphasis as the X-Men, like 2 feuding ideologies up against or maybe aligning with a 3rd party which would serve as the main antagonist of each movie. That way they aren't a one and done with secondary characters ending up glorified henchmen and you can have people switch sides, team up, and argue methods without the usual "leftist extremists is kinda right so they have to cross the line and die by the end of the film".

Jamesman posted:

They're called DC movies because all their movies are D's and C's!

:wal: :stat: Ohohohoho!

Am I the only one that would prefer an X-Men live-action series, versus movies or a cartoon? With so many different characters and stories to tell, I think a show would give the breathing room that's really needed to explore all of that.

A: Nice

B: With the relatively high to decent quality of Disney+ shows I think it's not only a good idea but an inevitability

Xfactor: Investigations coming to Disney+ 2025

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cassie ripping off Kate's look.

https://twitter.com/andyparkart/status/1550975742963437568

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Opopanax posted:

E: I was going to say, one of the many reasons a show would be better vvv

I think they can build a good Emma Frost story arc by introducing her as a member of the Hellfire Club and the n charge of the Hellions. Paint her as a bit ambitious, giving a drat about the kids and basically being told to do the really bad stuff by Shaw or someone. Gradually show she’s got more conscience than some and eventually she steps up to do the right thing. And then you do the story of Cyclops, Xavier, or someone trying to reform her as she resists a big and Jean, Kitty, or others don’t trust her.

We’re gonna have a lot more ambiguous characters going forward with people like Yelena and Walker and maybe Wanda and Abomination and as we suspect Thunderbolts. So I don’t think doing Emma as a bad guy with a heart of gold is that hard really. It would have to be done over some time but the MCU doesn’t seem afraid of that. They know more movies are coming.

I’d like a series too but I got a feeling we’re not gonna get one X-Men series of movies. We’re gonna get a bunch of X movies and shows. It’s just a matter of getting the ball rolling and they just started it so we’ll see.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Have A24 do the Studio 54 themed Dazzler film I proposed in the What If Comic History thread

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1550998423821660161/photo/1

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Bumping Fantastic 4 from phase 4 to phase 6 seems promising? In the sense that they're gonna take their time with it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What happened to Armor Wars?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain America seems kinda far away for how long it will be since the end of the Falcon series. Maybe he'll appear in other stuff along the way.

Also this is the first time we're hearing the DD series has the Born Again name, right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

Captain America seems kinda far away for how long it will be since the end of the Falcon series. Maybe he'll appear in other stuff along the way.

Also this is the first time we're hearing the DD series has the Born Again name, right?

Yup. And it's 18 episodes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

Being reworked into Ironheart?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Finally, I can die without the shame of TRoS being the last film I saw in a cinema, I found myself at my old local and decided to watch Love and Thunder. I found it a very mixed bag.

I’m one of those who didn’t dig Ragnarok all that much so going in wasn’t hopeful about seeing more of my fav Thor stories getting smushed together adapted for another Taika glibfest after the waste of Skurge and Hela in the last one. And lord knows, I am sick of Korg by this point. Omnipotence City mostly fell flat for me, though I liked that they leaned hard into the ‘Zeus is a worthless arsehole’ thing. The fight at New Asgard also had me thinking of all those snide CD posts about the true casualties of MCU flicks - poor, innocent cars - as Gorr and Thor battled around a SUV, and the Guardians inclusion felt rather pointless. Not that I was complaining in that regard, I’ve never really like the film versions that much, Nebula excepted (give me a Nebula show you bastards).

But what did work for me was Gorr’s opening scene, I thought it was very well done, who wouldn’t cheer him on to pick up the Necrosword and waste that fucker? And Bale was pretty great whenever he was on screen. Visually, the film looked great at times, with the shadow moon fight standing out in particular. I also really liked Thor empowering the kids to gently caress up the shadow beasts (yes, yes, I know “CHILD SOLDIERS!!!!!” but eh, cuddly rabbit of electro doom owned) before peace out’ing back to Asgard, and Val was a delight whenever she was around. Likewise, was very happy to see Sif again, and I love the ending with Thor and Jane urging Gorr to choose love over anger and hate, and Thor taking on responsibility at last. Loved it.

Which just leaves Jane. To be honest, I really didn’t expect them to go so hard with her as they did, I figured we would get a cheerier, more optimistic version but no, 5 minutes in and Darcy is providing moral support in the chemo treatment room and finding out it was already stage 4. It’s still an incredibly raw and painful subject for me, I never need to see another kind, good-hearted person die of that poo poo, real life or otherwise, and whenever she let go of the hammer and we saw her as she truly was, it replayed memories I care never to visit. Ultimately though, I disagree with both Thor and the earlier poster saying the braver thing would have been to go on with the treatment. Selvig said the chemo wasn’t working before she ever picked up the hammer, and if she’d rather go out saving kids and helping her friends then that is her choice to make and I’d argue it’s a far better one than wasting away in a bed and room not your own and begging for respite from the pain.

But hey, it’s a very emotive subject, I know we all have our own views and baggage about it and that’s fine.

Only stayed for the first post-credits scene, didn’t twig it was loving Roy Kent, which is possibly the most bizarre and unexpected casting I can possibly recall.

So yeah, hit and miss but the emotional bits hit hard for me and overall, I liked it a lot more than Ragnarok.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arist posted:

There's still some open time in 2024.

My guess is that they'll either reveal more stuff at the end, or it's being saved for D23

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lobok posted:

Being reworked into Ironheart?
They’re separate projects

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems like they’re condensing the time of a “Phase” now that the Disney+ shows add more. If that’s Phase 5 in total it’s just a year and a half or so. But Phase 4 has been like 3 years and the first 3 Phases were like 10 years. So it seems to suggest Phase 5 and beyond will be closer to 1-2 year packages with all the mix of movies and shows filling them up more.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 24, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thunderbolts of all things is getting a movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's kind of weird to hold a panel for this barring any more reveals because the only unannounced projects were Daredevil (kind of) and Thunderbolts.