Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
See I like that song, and some people here like that poo poo rear end song about speed or something. It takes all kinds of fruits to make fruit cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

george harrison was the best beatle gently caress a lenin/mccarthy

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
all things must pass is everything I like about the Beatles distilled into an album

This is a George Harrison safe space

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Now he is a meme in the Simpsons circles for something being done before. Also Prince was the god of the guitar.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
while my guitar gently weeps fucks hard

Charles Bukowski posted:

Prince was the god of the guitar.

literally wearing my Purple Rain shirt rn :cool:

i used to think i didn't like mid-90s Prince, but really it's just "the most beautiful girl in the world". just, really boring song imho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"sexy MF" and "my name is PRInCE" tho

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy how dated they are in the first Batman, they're fun.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“I don’t like any prince songs” is an immediate red flag for me. Not in relationships but like as a whole.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The 12 Days of Christmas. Even most lovely songs have a tolerable version out there, but not that one.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'm just happy no one has mentioned Crazy Frog.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

teen witch posted:

I never saw that cover before and yeah, Layla is cool, as is Cream, but I want to go loving powerwash my eyes and search history. God fuuuuuUUUUUck Eric Clapton.

"Bob Seidemann, who has photographed the Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin, is hired to take the cover shot. The band is not yet named and won't be appearing on the cover, so it has to be abstract. This being 1969, Seidemann has lots of inspiration, including the impending moon mission. He decides that the cover photo should represent "human creativity and its expression through technology." The visual he settles on is that of a young girl holding a spaceship. And oh yeah, she should be naked, a symbol of innocence and Eve in the Garden. On the tube in London, he spots a 14-year-old girl who has the look he is going for. She won't do it, but her 11-year-old sister will (with consent of her parents). The girl is Mariora Goschen, who is paid £40 for the session but requests a horse. The album is first released in the United States, but with an alternate cover showing a picture of the band. In the UK, the Seidemann photo is used, covered with a wrapper displaying the name of the band to obscure the nudity. When the wrapper is removed, the raw photo is revealed. Seidemann calls the photo "Blind Faith," and Clapton decides that should be the name of the band. When the record company pushes for a more sensible cover, Clapton pushes back and gets his way."

Edit: The Wikipedia version states instead that the 14yo "proved to be too old for the effect Seidemann wanted". And states the 11yo later recalled that she was coerced into posing for the picture. "My sister said, 'They’ll give you a young horse.'" However no horse was ever given. :(

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 24, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Anything by Beyonce Knowles but if it can only be one song then the ring song.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

nonces noncing (with parents' permission)
Wow Jesus that beats out My Sharona for creepiness by a long way

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

Wow Jesus that beats out My Sharona for creepiness by a long shot

I’m not surprised but how upset am I going to get at learning more about this revelation.

here is another WEIRD song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWHjJt4833I

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

teen witch posted:

I’m not surprised but how upset am I going to get at learning more about this revelation.

here is another WEIRD song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWHjJt4833I

I mean it's a pretty mild story, as a follow-up to Clapton. The girl on the cover of My Sharona is Sharona herself, she's the singer's girlfriend, you can pretty clearly see her nipples through her shirt, oh and she's 17 and he's 25. Yikes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

I mean it's a pretty mild story, as a follow-up to Clapton. The girl on the cover of My Sharona is Sharona herself, she's the singer's girlfriend, you can pretty clearly see her nipples through her shirt, oh and she's 17 and he's 25. Yikes.

So this is what it is to scromit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

While we're at it, banish Smells Like Teen Spirit to the shadow realm, partly cause Nirvana suck poo poo but also a lot because of the naked baby album cover

I don't even know if it was on that album and I'm not looking it up to check, but that rancid rear end song is the only Nirvana song anyone remembers so it'll do

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when i was in high school my punk friend Suzanne insisted that "Girlfriend in a Coma" was about a girl that Morrissey had dated who was the singer for a metal/punk band

i have never been able to figure out where she got this from but she knew about the Polaroid with Morrissey posing shirtless with Michael Stipe way before the internet existed so i'm tempted to just trust her

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BigBadSteve posted:

"Bob Seidemann, who has photographed the Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin, is hired to take the cover shot. The band is not yet named and won't be appearing on the cover, so it has to be abstract. This being 1969, Seidemann has lots of inspiration, including the impending moon mission. He decides that the cover photo should represent "human creativity and its expression through technology." The visual he settles on is that of a young girl holding a spaceship. And oh yeah, she should be naked, a symbol of innocence and Eve in the Garden. On the tube in London, he spots a 14-year-old girl who has the look he is going for. She won't do it, but her 11-year-old sister will (with consent of her parents). The girl is Mariora Goschen, who is paid £40 for the session but requests a horse. The album is first released in the United States, but with an alternate cover showing a picture of the band. In the UK, the Seidemann photo is used, covered with a wrapper displaying the name of the band to obscure the nudity. When the wrapper is removed, the raw photo is revealed. Seidemann calls the photo "Blind Faith," and Clapton decides that should be the name of the band. When the record company pushes for a more sensible cover, Clapton pushes back and gets his way."

Edit: The Wikipedia version states instead that the 14yo "proved to be too old for the effect Seidemann wanted". And states the 11yo later recalled that she was coerced into posing for the picture. "My sister said, 'They’ll give you a young horse.'" However no horse was ever given. :(

What.
The.
gently caress.

Thank you for searching that so I didn't

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The actual worst song is "Happy Birthday" and it should be obliterated

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

do whatever as long as it isn't Cheeseburger In Paradise by Jimmy Buffett

i like throwing that on the jukebox to piss off the people I'm at the function with.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Did anyone say Nickelback yet?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Can we count Elon Musk as a song?

If not, All I Want For Christmas Is You, by Mariah Carey. Create a physical manifestation of the concept of that song - not just a recording of it - and burn it. Then pour fuel on the ashes and burn those.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Can we count Elon Musk as a song?

If not, All I Want For Christmas Is You, by Mariah Carey. Create a physical manifestation of the concept of that song - not just a recording of it - and burn it. Then pour fuel on the ashes and burn those.

I've exchanged some fantastic looks with grocery store employees when that song comes on their lovely muzak.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dabir posted:

I don't even know if it was on that album and I'm not looking it up to check, but that rancid rear end song is the only Nirvana song anyone remembers so it'll do

In Bloom and Come As You Are, all get way more radio play these days then Smells.

But the most overplayed Nirvana songs are the Unplugged covers which are all terrible. Utter garbage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

In Bloom and Come As You Are, all get way more radio play these days then Smells.

But the most overplayed Nirvana songs are the Unplugged covers which are all terrible. Utter garbage.

i have never understood why those versions were popular in the first place. at the time i was like "man this is awful"

im pretty sure the band even said kurt was in withdrawal and felt like poo poo and it was just not good

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Don't get rid of James Blunt's You're Beautiful because the way James Blunt trolls by threatening to release new music owns and without that song it never would be

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1487364023003844610

Wow the guy who was a tank commander that probably averted WW3 is trying to start WW3 now?

MrQwerty posted:

having a really hard time between American Pie and Hotel California
These or Fortunate Son or Sweet Home Alabama should not exist anymore.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

the meat puppets covers, the vaselines covers lead belly cover are all really good. I'd say the meat puppets covers are better than the originals

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Meat Puppets own. Their cover of What To Do by The Rolling Stones is better than the original because they sound like they really mean it.

I’m going to cast Modern Love by David Bowie into Mount Doom. Church on time, god and man whatever that chorus is, shut up please. I don’t care how upbeat it is, there’s no way anyone would miss that song.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i love lori petty but "you got lucky" is annoying

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I was going to write a convoluted creed as to why PUSA's country peaches should've been forgotten as just another vestigial meme of the 90s never having reached the digital age by having all its cassette tapes shipped off to Iceland, where it apparently peaked at #1, and summarily sunk through the combined post-cold war nuclear arsenal, but my boy here is a case in point as to why all the radio stations that still rotate it need to be defunded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SED1xNNuOiI
edit. in

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 25, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ralph Hurley posted:

Meat Puppets own. Their cover of What To Do by The Rolling Stones is better than the original because they sound like they really mean it.

I’m going to cast Modern Love by David Bowie into Mount Doom. Church on time, god and man whatever that chorus is, shut up please. I don’t care how upbeat it is, there’s no way anyone would miss that song.

Thanks for reminding me of

https://youtu.be/HasaQvHCv4w

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Nobody has mentioned (Unless just a link with no text?) my personal most despised song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QkkHsP9dc

Love Fool.

A dire song about a chick who just can't deal with a guy not being into her and just begs him to be anyhow. Its lyrics are painful cringe to anyone who has ever hit puberty and either been the giver or recipient of this terrible sort of infatuation and then grown to realize what a dumbass moron they were. Also the music itself sucks total rear end and isn't catchy or even coherent.

I hate this goddamn song with every fiber of my being.

And the only correct anthem for pretty much every nation ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_S8FqJ0zQ

Death Pod by GWAR. Why pretend anything else is what a country really wants to do?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Hurley posted:

I absolutely love that song you monster

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Saturday in the Park by Chicago.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grape posted:

Saturday in the Park by Chicago.

you mean my air trombone song? find me an alternative

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
decree: you can keep your sweet caroline as long as it’s this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KXT7oghPQ

Follow up decree: the new national anthem is now Electric Boogie and you have to dance the Electric Slide every time or you get executed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i would remove pharrell's It Girl, because i dont want to have to remember the time pharrell williams made a music video about how much he wants to gently caress a middle schooler anime girl

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh my god

They really included these two shots next to each other in this order and never stopped to think "hey, this kind of makes Pharrell Williams look like a child predator" huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I kissed a girl should be shot in to the sun. There are worse Katy Perry songs but I got a personal grudge against that one in particular.