Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-tactical/robots-that-eat-people/
Posted On November 01, 2018
Zero Dawn was '17. So they were already making the robot WAY before that.

Also they called the robot EATR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Knormal posted:

Have they been reclassified or something?

Longest dog is only largest dog in 1 dimension, overall largeness is presumably a seperate category

Whether based on volume or mass, I couldn't tell you, but I am now wondering about the densest dog

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That walrus doesn't sound chaotic at all, in fact it sounds like a very predictable walrus because it keeps doing the same thing.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Walrus keeps insisting to the DM that his actions are in character because of his alignment

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Walrus is a paladin of Gaia.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1549051395256377344

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scammers and charlatans being scammed, oh my.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shoulda seen it coming imo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Scammers and charlatans being scammed, oh my.

No no, it's worse than that. The real victims here are the people who'd intended to pay one scammer but ended up paying a different scammer entirely! Tragic, really. The made-up bullshit they received was very probably different to the made-up bullshit they'd have received if they'd managed to waste their money on the correct con artist.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Psychic stuff and tarot reading is performance art :colbert:

imo that's legitimate

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Tiggum posted:

No no, it's worse than that. The real victims here are the people who'd intended to pay one scammer but ended up paying a different scammer entirely! Tragic, really. The made-up bullshit they received was very probably different to the made-up bullshit they'd have received if they'd managed to waste their money on the correct con artist.

My mom fell for one of these scams and said the scammer's reading was actually more accurate lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

Shoulda seen it coming imo

When I was in college my school decided to hold a psychic fair for some reason. It was cancelled due to a bad snow storm.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rodbeard posted:

When I was in college my school decided to hold a psychic fair for some reason. It was cancelled due to a bad snow storm.

:nice:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Potato Salad posted:

imo that's legitimate

More like performance shart.

Heh, gottem. :master:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

rodbeard posted:

Not to "that's the joke" this post but if psychics were real, they would be meteorologists. Touching a size 2 shoe from 1986 and saying "your sweet boy is dead" is a weird application of a useful ability.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

SLOSifl posted:

Not to "that's the joke" this post but if psychics were real, they would be meteorologists. Touching a size 2 shoe from 1986 and saying "your sweet boy is dead" is a weird application of a useful ability.

looking at humanity in general, probably most woud be stock market pickers or garbage like that. after that, about an equal mix of true altruists for unsolved cases & weird creeps using it for stalking. maybe a dash of chaotic weirdos who will sidle up to you at a party and be like "five years from now, your mom will drive by a restaurant and see your brother eating there, but she won't go in because he is with his wife and she is going to visit you, and she will tell you this story when she arrives at your home, in five years" just because it gets them off to make you go "huh?" and then knowing youll go "wtf" in five years

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 19:03 on Jul 22, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Personally I would use my power to always be one exchange ahead in conversations, replying to the question that they were going to ask next.

But I would never use it to solve crimes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1550439775018123264

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

christmas boots posted:

Personally I would use my power to always be one exchange ahead in conversations, replying to the question that they were going to ask next.

Would you use it to solve crimes?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

christmas boots posted:

as a shut-in, i would probably use it to know if a thing i was considering buying was gonna go on sale soon

maybe also to know where to plant a turd/banana/coffee filter for jerks to slip and fall on

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

MagpieConcept posted:

My mom fell for one of these scams and said the scammer's reading was actually more accurate lmao

I went to a fortune teller in Korea with a friend who said she'd been to the same fortune teller before and he was incredibly inaccurate (but fun). The guy spent about 20 minutes determining all aspects of her future based on the shape of her nose. Turns out the pre-nose job reading was wildly inaccurate, but the post-nose job reading was right on the money.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Marcade posted:

If I had a psychic power I would not use it to solve crimes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1550634421883109376

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

christmas boots posted:

If I was psychic (assuming I could see indefinitely into the future) I would commit crimes / perpetrate mysteries that I knew would never be solved. In a single lifetime I could create enough unsolved mysteries to fuel centuries of podcasts and trashy tv shows.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Potato Salad posted:

imo that's legitimate
Only if it's advertised that way. Which it never is.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1544486339965591553

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Marcade posted:

Lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lady Disdain posted:

I went to a fortune teller in Korea with a friend who said she'd been to the same fortune teller before and he was incredibly inaccurate (but fun). The guy spent about 20 minutes determining all aspects of her future based on the shape of her nose. Turns out the pre-nose job reading was wildly inaccurate, but the post-nose job reading was right on the money.

Ian Fleming visited a fortune teller in Tokyo in 1959 and asked if he could predict his own fortune. He said no, his rival is much more accurate at that. Fleming neglected to ask if the reverse was true.

Two weeks later, the rival was murdered by a third competitor.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Unfortunately for future generations they got Raymond "Hard Nipples" Unwin and his friend to do the measuring

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I would never, obviously, say that war is a good thing. But it seems to me as though people had a bit too much time on their hands pre 28 July 1914.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lady Disdain posted:

I would never, obviously, say that war is a good thing. But it seems to me as though people had a bit too much time on their hands pre 28 July 1914.

Can't believe you would erase the Boer War just like that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm still laughing at the mental image of these two goobers trying to establish a socially acceptable distance between each other's nipples. Back up Raymond, I can still see those bad boys

Hopefully, unlike many factoids about the Victorian (or at least pre-WWI) era, this one's actually true

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chess robot in Moscow has broken the finger of its human opponent

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly, if that's what it takes to make chess interesting

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

The AI ​​robotic arm grabbed the young player’s index finger and squeezed his finger firmly. The people around the boy immediately rushed to help, but did not prevent the consequences in the form of a broken finger.

It knew what it was doing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nipples Georg is an outlier adn should not have been counted

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Phlegmish posted:

Hopefully, unlike many factoids about the Victorian (or at least pre-WWI) era, this one's actually true

:siren: ACTUALLY :siren: all factoids are false because a factoid is something that resembles a fact except for the "being true" part

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Only one post left on page 669 for a weird sex headline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's called the 'I'm just here for the cuddle'