Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Casey Finnigan posted:

brb gotta take my poo poo pills and semen injections

Well now, they've recently started giving people poo poo pills in mainstream medicine, maybe all the rest of this stuff is good too...

Slavvy posted:

The disposable blades are the root of the problem.

Having shaved with both a straight razor and those 100 year old style safety razors with just the metal blade itself being disposable, the second option is infinitely preferable. I'm pretty comfortable going through like 50 grams of steel a year as far as consumption goes.

Mine just go to the dump to be picked up by a big rear end front end loader though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CoolCab posted:

ya that was what started the conversation. alright, we give it plenty of poo poo but build a better solution to that problem. can't put literal razorblades in the general waste or really anywhere else without creating unnecessary hazard. rough to even handle the waste basket or whatever, and expecting people to go dispose of them when suds up is poor safety design. the blades are small enough and used infrequently enough that if put in an intelligent place those little slots can solve the problem for decades, hear stories of people opening them up and finding a big pile of rust on the floor but no damage or anything else.

You put them in something like this

which can in turn go into your recycling bin or taken to a metal recycler if you don’t have local recycling pickup.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
this drastically, drastically predates any significant recycling infrastructure of more or less any kind, let alone specialized hazardous sharps recycling

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
the double sided blades come with a little plastic dispenser that you also put them in when it's dull. You just throw the whole thing out and it's safer for the garbage man than the disposable bic razirs our your six blade MaxComfort Gillette head

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Slavvy posted:

So, what, you think that before gilette's magic invention there was no such thing as shaving...?

Straight razors loving suck to shave with tho

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
From "A Campaign of Giants: The Battle for Petersburg, Vol 1"

lmao imagine finally getting to set a once-in-a-lifetime operational plan and then getting the shits so bad that you can't execute it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
A once in a lifetime opportunity to take a giant poo poo all over the Federal army.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
100000 soldiers pooped themselves to death in the Civil War. Walt Whitman, who did work as a nurse in a military hospital said that the war was 999 parts diarrhea to one part glory

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CoolCab posted:

this drastically, drastically predates any significant recycling infrastructure of more or less any kind, let alone specialized hazardous sharps recycling

I was just posting what the actual better solution is to the problem now, but scrap metal recycling has existed for hundreds of years. Razor blades were collected as part of the scrap metal drives during WW2. It’s likely that many people lived near a scrap metal recycler that would have taken them, that’s just less convenient than dumping them into your walls.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Leaded gasoline gets a lot of attention but it really is shocking just how many hosed up things were in the air and ground water back then. Like, it's not exactly good here nowadays but back then it was the loving wild west of dumping chemicals into the storm sewer and hoping no one noticed.

When I worked at UPS there was a yard guy who used the raised patch of grass between the diesel pumps to grow tomatoes that he would eat.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/mbrookerhk/status/1551209202432978944

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

well, their first mistake was saying 'history' instead of 'historiography'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Congratulations Some Guy you got me to hateclick some complete bullshit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/sharghzadeh/status/1551171583401656321

mmm i want me a bobby sands burger

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1551194957356171264

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Reminder that 4 months before Pearl Harbor, the UK and the USSR invaded and conquered Iran and partitioned it between themselves in an act of naked aggression that was no different morally than the Nazi and Soviet invasion of Poland

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/this-world-war-i-battlefield-slovenia-fire-unexploded-ordnance/

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Reminder that 4 months before Pearl Harbor, the UK and the USSR invaded and conquered Iran and partitioned it between themselves in an act of naked aggression that was no different morally than the Nazi and Soviet invasion of Poland

Invasion of Iran was regular flavour imperialism afaik, the Nazi invasion of Poland was done as an integral part of a plan to genocide multiple groups and the Soviet invasion of Poland recaptured land they lost 20 years earlier when it was invaded by Poland and where Poles were mostly a minority.
IMO these three things are all morally quite different.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/isaiah_bb/status/1551650206063681541

I'm thinking Gallipoli

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the tweet is carefully worded in such a way as to exclude world war one which is pretty dumb considering that most people think of both of them in the same breath hence the name

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Some Guy TT posted:

the tweet is carefully worded in such a way as to exclude world war one which is pretty dumb considering that most people think of both of them in the same breath hence the name

i think they just didnt consider what 2022 minus 100 is given that they included the somme as a possible answer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
anyhow my answer the iran-iraq war

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anything involving the italians in any war

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Japanese stay behind island defender is my pick

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah the many Japanese troops that were deployed with zero plans or capability to ever be resupplied slowly starving to death on some remote island sounds pretty terrible to me.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think they just didnt consider what 2022 minus 100 is given that they included the somme as a possible answer
It also says "or so", which I think most reasonably people would mean you could extend it back a decade to include WW1 too.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

The tweet specifically mentions the Somme, which I would have thought a fellow named Somme Guy TT would pick up on.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

somme guy itt would be a pretty bitchin username but im not enough of a historical nerd to deserve it :(

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Japanese stay behind island defender is my pick

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yeah the many Japanese troops that were deployed with zero plans or capability to ever be resupplied slowly starving to death on some remote island sounds pretty terrible to me.
I want to agree with these but I'd also say specifically Rabaul and a Korean soldier if any were there

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Inshallah they will be right

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Sounds like a cool bachelor party.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There's a place in France that's called Zone Rouge that has been officially declared as incompatible with human life because of the human remains, pollution and unexploded ordnance after WWI. It has been calculated that i would take 700 years to clean up the place.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyhow my answer the iran-iraq war

Specifically that swamp that got electrified while under chemical bombardment

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Maybe some extremely stupid war, where you don't even get the glory to say that I was there too?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I dunno if it was the worst, but poo poo like the somme & passchendael just seem so unbelievably hellish it blows my mind that more people didn't go completely insane.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

easy answer: any war where either side lost more men to disease than enemy fire, though I guess those kinds of wars were increasingly rare in the 20th century

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I think stepping on a landmine while listening to fortunate son in vietnam in the early 70s is high on the suckage list.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the early 70s was the wind-down phase. In 68 there were 17000 US military deaths, by 74 there was one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

From purely material standpoint I'd rather be on the US side than the North Vietnamese one