Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There are a lot of links to excellent matches in the best and worst matches of 2022. Is there a way to compile all the links effectively without having to search through posts to find the links?

I guess one could bookmark links after opening them but surely there’s a better way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TV Zombie posted:

There are a lot of links to excellent matches in the best and worst matches of 2022. Is there a way to compile all the links effectively without having to search through posts to find the links?

I guess one could bookmark links after opening them but surely there’s a better way?

You mean like a "Best Matches by Year" kinda thread/sticky post?

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

I can probably automate that. Give me a week or so.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mekchu posted:

You mean like a "Best Matches by Year" kinda thread/sticky post?

Kinda, I think? There are so many video links of matches posted throughout the year that get nominated that I would like to see but due to laziness/busyness and an influx of noms after an event, the video links tend to get lost … at least for me. I want to selfishly catch up if possible and see the nominated match so I can either nth or not.

I’m sorry if this is a dumb or unreasonable request.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That'd be really good for both MMA/combat sports and the wrestling stuff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Could the mod explain what some of their arbitrary rules are? I'd prefer to not get in trouble randomly if it can be helped.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spermgod posted:

if he already wanted out before the match why didnt he just walk out rather than going out like a geek

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yeah I'm gonna go with "what."

How is this probable at all muchless for 18 hours? The reason given is total gibberish. Did somebody miss the post they were actually aiming for or something?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I don't get that probe either, might have been intended for someone else? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I'll try and get in contact with karmic about this.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

Could the mod explain what some of their arbitrary rules are? I'd prefer to not get in trouble randomly if it can be helped.

The main rule is that one day each month the mod has to hand out multiple long, nonsensical probes or else the buttons will disappear. (If actual bad posting occurs outside of this day, idk, ask the MMA mod to handle it.)

And then a bunch of people ask about it in this thread and maybe the MMA mod intervenes, but no explanation is ever given. Anyways, see you all back in this thread this time next month!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quit lyin. little tricks guy. you're always doing tricks on people. i've been watching and waiting for this callout post for the past 48 months

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i get why i was probated, but i'm very confused at the spermgod one

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Yeah, I really can't make heads or tails of this

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go with "what."

How is this probable at all muchless for 18 hours? The reason given is total gibberish. Did somebody miss the post they were actually aiming for or something?

So, there was a report calling out a joke that spermgod made in the ROH thread as being a dick. At first I looked at it and said, "oh this is a kind of dumb, dickish joke, but it's also its clearly a joke" then I read a post they made 40 minutes later in a different thread (the one quoted) where they are clearly still either thinking the exact same dickish joke is the height of comedy, or they are really just being a dick.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Who is that joke being dickish to? Gresham? Tony Khan?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Who is that joke being dickish to? Gresham? Tony Khan?

calling jonathan gresham a geek for not doing something unprofessional is kind of dickish.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

So, there was a report calling out a joke that spermgod made in the ROH thread as being a dick. At first I looked at it and said, "oh this is a kind of dumb, dickish joke, but it's also its clearly a joke" then I read a post they made 40 minutes later in a different thread (the one quoted) where they are clearly still either thinking the exact same dickish joke is the height of comedy, or they are really just being a dick.

what is this first post because that second one doesn't read like a joke or being a dick at all

certainly not severely more of a dick than people have been about gresham (and other wrestlers) recently

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

what is this first post because that second one doesn't read like a joke or being a dick at all

certainly not severely more of a dick than people have been about gresham (and other wrestlers) recently

Spermgod posted:

he could have held TK up for more money or just walked out with the title but he diligently showed up to work with his boo boo face on, did the job, then threw a hissyfit after. geek mindset and thats why he'll never get over

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don’t think a joke about wrestling professionalism directed at someone who will never see it is worth a probe but that’s just me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

karmicknight posted:

calling jonathan gresham a geek for not doing something unprofessional is kind of dickish.

But why does that get a probation.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

But why does that get a probation.

Because I thought it was a meanspirited/dickish joke that wasn't a one-off.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like I’m a big Gresham fan. I have a little foundation flag I bought from him at a PWG show and I love his work, but dudes acting like a mark.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Who cares if Gresham is the nicest guy alive it’s just a joke.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
my belief was: you tell a joke once, whatever so long as it isn't actually too much or too far, you tell that same joke twice in one hour, I am going to scrutinize it more.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Like I’m not normally one to complain about a short probe but this seems like a ridiculous reason.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

karmicknight posted:

my belief was: you tell a joke once, whatever so long as it isn't actually too much or too far, you tell that same joke twice in one hour, I am going to scrutinize it more.

So we’re only allowed to make one joke per thread?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The_Rob posted:

no, because the probation was apparently for saying the same thing in a different thread over a half hour later

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flatluigi posted:

no, because the probation was apparently for saying the same thing in a different thread over a half hour later

Is that a rule?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I mean, if you think it is a good joke I'm probably not going to go, "wait, how loving long was it between this post and the other time this exact joke was made"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please just prob bad posts and don't probe goods posts. Reading tea leaves from the posts to figure out the true motive and probing for that is goofy.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think it was a great post but also i think that when there's like five threads all talking about the same thing at once it's reasonable to forget you made a post in a different one before

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funny thing is I see people here make short jokes about Gresham all the time, but calling him a geek is worst?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There’s a million bad post and dumb jokes on this board, but these two about how it would be a good idea for a wrestler to be unprofessional was a step too far.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please just prob bad posts and don't probe goods posts. Reading tea leaves from the posts to figure out the true motive and probing for that is goofy.

Yeah this exactly.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Dickish shouldn’t be the threshold for longer probs, that should be reserved for pure dick.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Am I crazy for not thinking 18 hours is particularly long.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

karmicknight posted:

That’s not the point. It’s that no one can figure out what exactly he was probated for in the first place other than making a joke that you thought was mean?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

It's just posting so all of the time lengths are arbitrarily too short and too long but yeah, people consider it a long probe. Especially for kind of dickish

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like again there are mean jokes about Gresham over his height here constantly. But saying he acted like a geek is the one that crosses a line?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

That’s not the point. It’s that no one can figure out what exactly he was probated for in the first place other than making a joke that you thought was mean?

I must stress that it only came up because a report had me thinking about that specific joke as being meanspirited and then I started looking at the context of seeing that joke twice from the same poster (over the course of less than an hour that I was reading in a shorter timespan).

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's just posting so all of the time lengths are arbitrarily too short and too long but yeah, people consider it a long probe. Especially for kind of dickish

thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I must stress that it only came up because a report had me thinking about that specific joke as being meanspirited and then I started looking at the context of seeing that joke twice from the same poster (over the course of less than an hour that I was reading in a shorter timespan).

thank you.

This context makes way more sense but it's still kind of funny that you were like "Eh, just a joke" and then later saw the other post "Oh my God, that son of a bitch actually thinks Gresham is a geek. I'm gonna puke". I might be exaggerating a little but like lol