Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Are ships destroyed in faction warfare lost or is it “virtual wargaming”.

Nope, it's all fake and fun and only right when it's released do they accidentally blow up for real then they fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Space Karen posted:

Please do this, I need more honklights in my life.

that was a joke based on all the horrible poo poo that came out about mittens and co. I dont actually have any dirt on Elroy he is a fine upstanding citizen as far as i know, with a full head of hair and above average sized penis.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I've zeroed in on flying a Prophecy at least as a short-term goal and wanted to look at fittings/skill optimization. The wiki link in the OP is broken. Has it been relocated elsewhere? My missile skills will come in handy for sure but looks like I need to switch to armor reps from shield boosters and beef up my drone/drone spec stuff a bunch (medium? light? I dunno)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 22, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Frank Frank posted:

So I've zeroed in on flying a Prophecy at least as a short-term goal and wanted to look at fittings/skill optimization. The wiki link in the OP is broken. Has it been relocated elsewhere? My missile skills will come in handy for sure but looks like I need to switch to armor reps from shield boosters and beef up my drone/drone spec stuff a bunch (medium? light? I dunno)

proph good, medium drones, wiki is here (will update link)

https://wiki.goosetools.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
prophecy is my favorite ship, but I'm an idiot and shield tank it because thats where my skills are. drones are great but they take a poo poo ton of SP

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just look at baja's lossmails the fittings are all there.

Basically you want drones 4/4 med drones 5/4 med drone upg 4/4 plus whatever the two hull bonuses are to 5 asap. Don't bother with small drones as they aren't a pre-req.

Basically no skills gate other skills. So you can just skip them. I would jump in an arbyco as a stepping stone ship.

The you can circle around and get 5/4 then 5/5 on the various relevant skills.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ab arbyco is an arbitrator I take it? Does it use med drones as well?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 22, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Frank Frank posted:

Ab arbyco is an arbitrator I take it? Does it use med drones as well?

Yup, yup. Arbitrator covert ops (pilgrim in EO)

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
arbys are great, you can catch expensive faction frigs and munch them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Yup, yup. Arbitrator covert ops (pilgrim in EO)

Weren’t those the things in old Eve that used to decloak and neut the everloving gently caress out of you while their drones slowly ate you? I never flew Amarr ships before.

Also is scanning still a thing? I have vague memories of making a shitload of money in old eve using a buzzard to scan down secret encounters, then running them in my carrier with an alt running hacking(?) for support for some reason. I don’t remember why. Just seeing things that jog my memory now and then.

I wasn’t a space trillionaire in old eve but I did self-fund a carrier and a dread along with countless faction-fit ahacs. I’m super sad the vagabond isn’t a thing here.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Frank Frank posted:

prophecy is a ship that if you enjoy flying it (which you will, because its very good) you can ride that class up through t10 cuz prophecy command and prophecy 2 command are also very good ships.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

every idiot flying a faction frig will try to attack your arbyco as you MWD in a straight line into the void of space, and will die in 2-3 drone cycles, then try again as soon as they reship. its very fun.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

esto es malo posted:

every idiot flying a faction frig will try to attack your arbyco as you MWD in a straight line into the void of space, and will die in 2-3 drone cycles, then try again as soon as they reship. its very fun.

Pro tip

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well I hit T6 this morning so I can fly one now. Finishing up Med drone operation V today and then more drone support skills. I already have armor operation V and working on higher tier stuff (but not hardening since I get that for free for finishing advanced training I guess). Almost ready to rock. Just need a reliable source of income that doesn’t involve charity now.

Leery about spending SP on the high-tier cruiser defense/engineering/piloting stuff since my end goal is a BC.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 23, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Well I hit T6 this morning so I can fly one now. Finishing up Med drone operation V today and then more drone support skills. I already have armor operation V and working on higher tier stuff (but not hardening since I get that for free for finishing advanced training I guess). Almost ready to rock. Just need a reliable source of income that doesn’t involve charity now.

Leery about spending SP on the high-tier cruiser defense/engineering/piloting stuff since my end goal is a BC.

Skip the hardener skills. Want some arbyco's?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Skip the hardener skills. Want some arbyco's?

In SU sure. I don’t think they’ll do me much good in highsec.

Is there any downside to being podded in echoes other than your pride? Clone levels/implants aren’t a thing, right? I’d almost rather be podded so I don’t have to fly back to wherever I came from

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

In SU sure. I don’t think they’ll do me much good in highsec.

Is there any downside to being podded in echoes other than your pride? Clone levels/implants aren’t a thing, right? I’d almost rather be podded so I don’t have to fly back to wherever I came from

It's called the pod express. It's rude not to pod people. I will give them to you in maximum grief zone.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 23, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Contract up you're going to need more fittings and stuff this is just spare stuff most of it stolen from void ratters. I tried to limit it to mk5 stuff so ask slippy for a fat stack of mk5 drones.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Contract up you're going to need more fittings and stuff this is just spare stuff most of it stolen from void ratters. I tried to limit it to mk5 stuff so ask slippy for a fat stack of mk5 drones.

Thanks a million. I’ll make it work. I still have like 140m left over from Slippy’s charity donation

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Thanks a million. I’ll make it work. I still have like 140m left over from Slippy’s charity donation

Just ask him for a stack of mk5 drones we have literal hundreds

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I don’t think the T6 flavor of pilgrim can fit a covops cloak. Should I just run around without one or try to fit a proto cloak?

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

“pilgrim” (arbyco) is t7. Vexor Navy Issue is the best anti frig cruiser at t6

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ll just hold off until T7 then. With the pilot growth pass thing it shouldn’t be terribly long.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh oops.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Naw thanks anyway. They’ll go to good use sooner than later I promise. I’ll probably die hilariously a bunch figuring it out

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

if you want any ships you can set up an order on goosetools, but ping me in discord or else i might not see it immediately

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So uh, I just spent a fuckton of money on expert med drone skills. Hoping that wasn’t a huge mistake. Didn’t realize I was paying 30m+ per-skill until it was too late.

Lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

So uh, I just spent a fuckton of money on expert med drone skills. Hoping that wasn’t a huge mistake. Didn’t realize I was paying 30m+ per-skill until it was too late.

Lol

Like, isk? Good job. Med drone op/upg is a great skill to have.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Don’t forget to get drone V

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Don’t forget to get drone V

It’s in the plan but that’s a ~5 day skill or so it’s near the back right now

H110Hawk posted:

Like, isk? Good job. Med drone op/upg is a great skill to have.

Yep, I have like 38m left out of the 200m I started with. All spent on skills

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 24, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

It’s in the plan but that’s a ~5 day skill or so it’s near the back right now

Yep, I have like 38m left out of the 200m I started with. All spent on skills

That's one of the few things you need to spend hard currency on. Most of your fittings should be cheap navy stuff right now, except for drones which should be mk5. Good job.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

That's one of the few things you need to spend hard currency on. Most of your fittings should be cheap navy stuff right now, except for drones which should be mk5. Good job.
Im just sticking with bargain bin mkv fittings until I get my legs under me. Right now I’m flying junk caracals for tutorial stuff. I will start caring more when I’m out for blood

I don’t want to waste cash on faction stuff just yet

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Im just sticking with bargain bin mkv fittings until I get my legs under me. Right now I’m flying junk caracals for tutorial stuff. I will start caring more when I’m out for blood

I don’t want to waste cash on faction stuff just yet

Faction stuff is basically free at this point, but yeah fly whatever. Also we're WAY more active in discord.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Faction stuff is basically free at this point, but yeah fly whatever. Also we're WAY more active in discord.

I get sucked into discord and stay up too late so I’ve avoided it but I’ll check in tonight.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Frank Frank posted:

Lol

if you need more isk just ask ziggy looted a bunch of b types and a citadel from some idiots today so hes ultra rich

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

esto es malo posted:

if you need more isk just ask ziggy looted a bunch of b types and a citadel from some idiots today so hes ultra rich

Lmao I thought it was a pos

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

crunching some numbers

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Reading is difficult, and the Goosetools Auth is only giving me the option to apply to GooseTroop.
How do I get in? :smith:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

almighty posted:

Reading is difficult, and the Goosetools Auth is only giving me the option to apply to GooseTroop.
How do I get in? :smith:

It’s not set up very well. Apply in the app (just say you’re goon adjacent or whatever) and then PM slippy in-game and he’ll add you. They have been very nice to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

It’s not set up very well. Apply in the app (just say you’re goon adjacent or whatever) and then PM slippy in-game and he’ll add you. They have been very nice to me

Thank you, it's all done. I trained plenty of skills last year when I tried EE for the first time, but aside from running missions, I've not played it much. Let's see if this mobile game has the potential to be my next big regret.