Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

He hasn't been accused of sex crimes yet right?

Edit: is that even him? I don't remember his face even looking like that...

It was the one I met and talked to outside the trocadero in philly in 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

to be fare to me, he shakes his head so much I'm not sure I've ever seen his face before, but that video was awesome and I appreciate the link!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
andrew wk is a job title, not a name

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

... I'm not sure if your loving with me or not

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

to be fare to me, he shakes his head so much I'm not sure I've ever seen his face before, but that video was awesome and I appreciate the link!

he was real cool and took a quilt from some hot mom that gave us a ride home because we missed the train

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Robo Reagan is. I am not

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

He always seemed like a really cool guy to be honest. Just wanted to put on a good show and make people happy which is a good goal.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
andrew wk is the only outsider that took playing at gathering of the juggalos in stride

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Let's party 🎉

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

He always seemed like a really cool guy to be honest. Just wanted to put on a good show and make people happy which is a good goal.

It's time to party is 90 seconds of how much he wants to party. Then he wrote another song about how he wants to party hard. He neither hurts nor degrades anyone in either song or video. Andrew WK is a party animal I would, and have felt honored to party with

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's time to party is 90 seconds of how much he wants to party. Then he wrote another song about how he wants to party hard. He neither hurts nor degrades anyone in either song or video. Andrew WK is a party animal I would, and have felt honored to party with

I appreciate this message and it is good.

I think I was confusing Party Hard to his song "its time to party" perhaps.

I thought they were the same song which explains my confusion.

evidence:

no face visible really if you don't pay attention

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 25, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmhdvtCTfJI
Air Drum for Cardio 2020. Good guy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I appreciate this message and it is good.

I think I was confusing Party Hard to his song "its time to party" perhaps.

I thought they were the same song which explains my confusion.

evidence:

no face visible really if you don't pay attention

Understandable. I have seen him live 3 times. met him twice. Just a really cool dude, as far as I can tell.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
His newest album dropped late last year. Maybe a week later, he canceled his tour, took down his website and deleted all of his social media. No statement from him or his label. Googling says he hasn't said anything about any of it, but he does pop up in Kat Dennings instagram.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Understandable. I have seen him live 3 times. met him twice. Just a really cool dude, as far as I can tell.

word.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

those gloves must be weighted he has some guns lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Think Less posted:

His newest album dropped late last year. Maybe a week later, he canceled his tour, took down his website and deleted all of his social media. No statement from him or his label. Googling says he hasn't said anything about any of it, but he does pop up in Kat Dennings instagram.

don't know anything about it. don't care

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

don't know anything about it. don't care

cool

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Almost Smart posted:

I would say billions in the bank could make up for a dough boy physique and pallor, but the dude who’s wife he was railing is also like in the top 10 wealthiest billionaires in the world.

Maybe he’s a good listener?

Women who are married to tech industry billionaires possibly disproportionately likely to have techbro tendencies themselves and fall into Musk's techbro savior of the world narrative.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i also wouldn't tour this hellscape so i don't blame anything on andrew w.k. without at least a bit of evidence. people are allowed to say "nah im done" when the outcome is sickness for everyone involved. or even just because they don't want to do it anymore!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
It was years and years ago, but I remember a thread from here about how Andrew W.K. showed up to and performed at the funeral for one of his fans pretty much out of the goodness of his heart. It may have been the same thread where I heard that Rob Zombie is also just a super nice dude who goes out of his way to help others.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i've never heard anything bad about andrew w.k, and i got to see rob zombie when i graduated highschool in 2001... it was a cool show and i beleive they are both nice people.

rob can't direct a movie at all, but i enjoyed the fire breathing giant animatronic tyrannosaurus spewing flames to "dragula" in the middle of kansas.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Almost Smart posted:

It was years and years ago, but I remember a thread from here about how Andrew W.K. showed up to and performed at the funeral for one of his fans pretty much out of the goodness of his heart. It may have been the same thread where I heard that Rob Zombie is also just a super nice dude who goes out of his way to help others.

Wendigee posted:

i've never heard anything bad about andrew w.k, and i got to see rob zombie when i graduated highschool in 2001... it was a cool show and i beleive they are both nice people.

rob can't direct a movie at all, but i enjoyed the fire breathing giant animatronic tyrannosaurus spewing flames to "dragula" in the middle of kansas.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's too bad that andrew wk and rob zombie are now tarnished by their close association with elon musk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

it's too bad that andrew wk and rob zombie are now tarnished by their close association with elon musk

So sad that he wanted to party on the moon

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Send Andrew W.K to Mars to lighten the atmosphere :3:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

dig through the ditches and burn through the witches and slam in the back of my dragula!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

Send Andrew W.K to Mars to lighten the atmosphere :3:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

You know, I made the Steve Jobs comment a while back and I think this photo maybe sums up what happened more.

I think Tony Stark replaced Steve Jobs in the minds of people after the latter's death. By extension, Elon turned into the closest living real person of 'rich tech industrialist dude' with the Tony Stark-like devil-may-care attitude. So, I can't picture Steve Jobs showing up on Rogan and smoking a joint, doing SNL, having constant social media comments, etc. I can totally imagine Tony Stark, if he were real, doing all that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's just hilarious that people seem to genuinely think musky is an irl tony

Tony invented an element in his basement and designed a billion super science things

Elon helped program taking a credit card through a specific website

Lol

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/trash_ebooks/status/1551399403948281858?t=hzC3zTWOoNIV5wM42mI4Sg&s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at voting age adults thinking a comic book movie or the rick and mort cartoon are how real science works.

yup yup a room temp supa conductor new atomic element can just be made in a cave or basement if your cool/smart enough. my college prof saying my perpetual motion machine idea was dumb was just trying to keep me down. Musk is going to take us to Mars moon anyway day now and we're going to watch netflix from our tesla rocketrooms.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

lol at voting age adults thinking a comic book movie or the rick and mort cartoon are how real science works.

yup yup a room temp supa conductor new atomic element can just be made in a cave or basement if your cool/smart enough. my college prof saying my perpetual motion machine idea was dumb was just trying to keep me down. Musk is going to take us to Mars moon anyway day now and we're going to watch netflix from our tesla rocketrooms.

not like us who grew up with real science movies like Jaws, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I wouldn't be surprised if someone had an "I Am Elon Man" wallpaper.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

13 billion years of the machinations of the cosmos have brought us to this point, and i am basking in it. just in awe that i was alive to witness it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone had an "I Am Elon Man" wallpaper.

I would honestly be surprised if anyone had wallpaper

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bad Purchase posted:

13 billion years of the machinations of the cosmos have brought us to this point, and i am basking in it. just in awe that i was alive to witness it.

Just think

You lived in the same time period as David Bowie AND the dude who offered to blow Elon musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk doesnt have the endurance or attention span to do a Galt speech.