Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

neato burrito posted:

No you had it right the first time, it's a bad and unfun game.

Wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Majora’s Mask is the best Zelda, and that’s a title with some extremely stiff competition.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I haven't turned my switch in in like 6 months. Is there a good place to see what's been new and popular for a recent time period?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

go back and read over the last six months of thsi thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby good
Triangle Strategy good
NEon white good
Pocky rocky good

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Kirby and Triangle Strategy are phenomenal games.

Live a Live just came out & looks to be great. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 releases on Friday

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The thread and, indeed, the world still waits anxiously for Sports Story.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

neato burrito posted:

No you had it right the first time, it's a bad and unfun game.

you disgust me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aware posted:

I haven't turned my switch in in like 6 months. Is there a good place to see what's been new and popular for a recent time period?

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of the best Switch games period, and one of the best games of 2022.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of the best Switch games period, and one of the best games of 2022.

this is true. everyone should play it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Poyo

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
omori kicks rear end, feels like playing a gameboy colour rpg. it’s pretty funny and not as depressing as i thought though there is a powerful, potent, and growing feeling of impending dread (i’m like 5 hours in) and your phobias being the equivalent of water and boulders and grass in pokemon is also pretty funny.

and the first bit in the house was uhh

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Ok trangle strat looks good, I liked fallout tactics for my sins. Downloading the Kirby demo.

Thanks thread!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Triangle Strategy also has a (pretty long) demo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Triangle Strategy Demo is the first several chapters and your save Carrie’s over into the main game so there’s no reason not to try before you buy.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I don't want my save covered in pigs blood though

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Since Triangle Strategy was mentioned, some of you may be very interested in this update. Supposed to be hitting the Switch too, but date hasn’t been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1551437422763724800?s=21&t=hebcZa7RvzBmfql_HerAJw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Will this finally be a version that makes levelling not awful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Will this finally be a version that makes levelling not awful

The text from the store entry says they've switched it to unit-by-unit leveling, so it sounds like yeah.

Though I'm wondering if they'll make other balance changes. I'm spoiled by the One Vision mod now, which makes crafting much much better and also did a better job balancing all the classes (and making some more boring classes more fun).

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I just finished a playthrough of LUCT a couple of weeks ago, it's one of my favorite games.

I wonder if they'll tweak crafting? Even with savestates, savescumming that poo poo is a pain in the rear end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

The text from the store entry says they've switched it to unit-by-unit leveling, so it sounds like yeah.

Well the original version (or at least the PS1 I played) already had that and levelling was still painful lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah fair point. Hell in some ways the class-based leveling might have been an attempt to make the original leveling better and just stumbled into its own major problems on the way :v:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Is the FF Crystal Chronicles port okay for local co-op? I know the online play was atrocious but it's on sale and I have family coming out soon.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Tayter Swift posted:

Is the FF Crystal Chronicles port okay for local co-op? I know the online play was atrocious but it's on sale and I have family coming out soon.

There’s no local co-op, so no.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Snake Maze posted:

There’s no local co-op, so no.

Welp. Thanks.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The FFCC remaster was nothing but a disappointment. A shame; it could have been great.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Best Buy has No More Heroes 3 on sale for $31 today, I’m tempted to pick it up even though I have 3 other unplayed Switch games in my backlog. I think the game was well received in the thread, I never played the second game but I loved the first one on Wii.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ragequit posted:

Since Triangle Strategy was mentioned, some of you may be very interested in this update. Supposed to be hitting the Switch too, but date hasn’t been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1551437422763724800?s=21&t=hebcZa7RvzBmfql_HerAJw

Will they finally up the number of units you can hold, so you can still have a decent generic unit team after getting all the named characters? :colbert:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Best Buy has No More Heroes 3 on sale for $31 today, I’m tempted to pick it up even though I have 3 other unplayed Switch games in my backlog. I think the game was well received in the thread, I never played the second game but I loved the first one on Wii.

Backlogs can only grow, never shrink.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The secret to the backlog is to not buy a game that you don't intend to play immediately or within the next few days, no matter how deep the sale is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glassyalabolas posted:

Backlogs can only grow, never shrink.

What if you lose your job

When you think about it, a backlog is really just an insurance against boredom if you ever become unemployed/disabled.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Harrow posted:

The secret to the backlog is to not buy a game that you don't intend to play immediately or within the next few days, no matter how deep the sale is.

Does not compute.

Just gotta get through this week and then we'll have tons of game time...

...right?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mister Facetious posted:

What if you lose your job

When you think about it, a backlog is really just an insurance against boredom if you ever become unemployed/disabled.

Jokes on you. My depression keeps me from playing games even when I have all the time in the world hahaha

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

bushisms.txt posted:

Jokes on you. My depression keeps me from playing games even when I have all the time in the world hahaha

Depression is one mean bitch, but thankfully Elden Ring is good enough to get me in the grove. If I get it to start up.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

bushisms.txt posted:

:same: I find it helps to beat/finish a smaller game, and then use the good feelings and satisfaction from that to momentum into the next, larger game.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Read After Burning posted:

:same: I find it helps to beat/finish a smaller game, and then use the good feelings and satisfaction from that to momentum into the next, larger game.

These days I just watch my son beat all those games like Odyssey and Kirby. Same satisfaction, none of the frustration.

I haven't given him Dark Souls yet but that day is coming.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mdemone posted:

These days I just watch my son beat all those games like Odyssey and Kirby. Same satisfaction, none of the frustration.

I haven't given him Dark Souls yet but that day is coming.

"But dad I already did the le-"
"But you didn't get all the collectibles! Back to the level! Again! Again!"

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Forgot Digimon Survive is out this Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Harrow posted:

I play modern and old games simultaneously, my backlog is always at least 40 games deep lol. But my Switch backlog is usually smaller, I don’t usually buy Switch games until I’m ready to play them. The only exception is when I come across a good deal where it’s B2G1 or a lower price on something than I would expect to see for a while.