Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Weed is federally illegal In the USA and that's a problem on planes, at customs where they might go through your luggage, etc. I would never risk flying in to the US as a foreigner (or even as an American) with weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea and if you are flying into Newark there's not much point anyway, it's fully legal in NJ so just go get some when you get land

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

From my extensive experience smoking weed in national parks/forests as a teenager, prior to any sort of legalization, 90% of park/forest rangers joined to smoke weed in the forest, and don't give a flying gently caress if you smoke weed in the forest.

Don't really know if that applies East of WA/OR/CA tho.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Earwicker posted:

technically right, but also Yellowstone is a massive area containing over three thousand square miles of wilderness and in most of it, running into another human being at all is rare. just don't smoke in the touristy bits.

Yeah, that's honestly the best way to look at it. Don't smoke where people tend to congregate, like campgrounds or popular vistas. But honestly, most people aren't going deeper into the park than that. It's loving massive but people rarely venture through backcountry.

I don't think most rangers give a gently caress, might tell you to put it out at worst. Now if you're already orbiting the moon and offer a joint to a bison? You're probably not going to avoid a possession charge. Better to wait and offer bigfoot a seat in the circle deeper in the woods.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Rangers absolutely will give a gently caress if there's a fire ban on otherwise you are good.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there always a fire ban when yall around, cuz u smokin mids!!!!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sunk Dunk posted:

actually it's because everything is 110 degrees F right now :lol:

but yeah don't gently caress around with US federal laws and weed, I had to quit for years when I worked at the drug plant because I was the responsible person and took a lot of people's "randoms" for them (just became a known quantity) so they could keep their health insurance and continue being an integral part of my team despite their very known "drug abuse." Those were randoms for the FDA and DEA.

edit: one time, someone did "something" in a storage room that required badge access and I got pulled because of it, and it was about 48 hours after I took a couple hits off the first joint I smoked in almost 3 years. I passed, but man I was sweating it even though I knew I was totally good.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 24, 2022

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sunk Dunk posted:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Walrus posted:

Rangers absolutely will give a gently caress if there's a fire ban on otherwise you are good.

That's why you use a vape, or edibles.

Mushrooms also grow in the forest, just sayin'

Also, little known fact, Bigfoots only reveal themselves when you're so hosed up that you wake up in morning thinking it was a figment of your weedmagination, until you see the 14" footprints 9' apart fading into the springy forest loam in the morning.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

I've heard people quote prices of £40-£50/g for crap street weed on the islands. Having access to clean £5+/g meds must be a blessing.

Usually it's just a bit over UK prices, like 15 quid a gram, but during lockdown when nothing could get in 40-50 was probably the minimum. Prescriptions of opiate painkillers and naproxen etc shot up at the GPs when people couldn't self medicate.

It's come back down now, between 20 and 30 per gram for illicit weed. There's basically nowhere for people to grow over here because the island is so dense with housing and everyone so nosey.

In the two years since medical exception there have been over 5000 licenses issued, approaching 6000. Given that the permanent population is roughly 65,000, that means nearly one in 10 people here is on medical weed. There's a strong chance we will beat the UK to recreational supply.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Elviscat posted:

That's why you use a vape, or edibles.

Also, little known fact, Bigfoots only reveal themselves when you're so hosed up that you wake up in morning thinking it was a figment of your weedmagination, until you see the 14" footprints 9' apart fading into the springy forest loam in the morning.

Oh poo poo, big if true.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Elviscat posted:

unless you really, really, really know what you are doing, like studied mycology for years, this is an extremely bad idea that can literally kill you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Earwicker posted:

unless you really, really, really know what you are doing, like studied mycology for years, this is an extremely bad idea that can literally kill you

at least take spore prints and bruise them and try to see what you've got but really you don't fuckin know

don't eat wild fungi

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i like to smoke weed. and get high. but idk which is better

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Anyone else get an internal soundtrack of music you swear you've never heard before going nonstop while high?

Wish I knew enough to be able to remember/write down some of these tunes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

One man concert and light show in my head right now. Dang if this isn't some good poo poo. :okpos:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Earwicker posted:

This has always made mushrooms so mysterious to me. There's so many that kill you or do nothing, so why on the planet do psychedelic mushrooms do T H A T ????

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

weed is great, I got no complaints about weed.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Just wish I could smoke more of it

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I don't doubt she has other lighting apparatus available, but I would totally try this as well.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_orpsxdEeP51qj1xel.mp4

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

Anyone else get an internal soundtrack of music you swear you've never heard before going nonstop while high?

Wish I knew enough to be able to remember/write down some of these tunes.

No, but I did get the songs from Miami Connection stuck in my head for like an hour after I did an edible yesterday

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Vlaphor posted:

I don't doubt she has other lighting apparatus available, but I would totally try this as well.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_orpsxdEeP51qj1xel.mp4

one of my favorite weed memories is being at my first Phish festival, buying a sweet bubbler from a glassblower and smoking the first bowl with him, as a man dressed entirely in green walked around lighting people's bowls with a large magnifying glass

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

yeah thats a good way to light up a bong

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mozi posted:

one of my favorite weed memories is being at my first Phish festival, buying a sweet bubbler from a glassblower and smoking the first bowl with him, as a man dressed entirely in green walked around lighting people's bowls with a large magnifying glass

that's legit af.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I ordered a Dynavap Omni because I liked the M so much and its supposed to arrive today. :sun:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Carth Dookie posted:

I ordered a Dynavap Omni because I liked the M so much and its supposed to arrive today. :sun:

Old or new? Short or XL? Compare notes with me. I just got the old shorty and I'm currently in love with it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:neckbeard:

The Omni stash is a cool colour but the M stash is made of cedar and smells really nice.

Also tip for new owners: check for any metal shavings on the parts before use. Found a tiny burr on the mouthpiece of the Omni that probably wouldn't do my lungs any good.

It's the 2021 model so I think it's xl? That's the case size it came with.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
That printer is a peice of poo poo though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

That printer is a peice of poo poo though.

Correct, it doesn't even work!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Carth Dookie posted:

Correct, it doesn't even work!

Neither does mine. Decent scanner, funnily enough.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Disassembled side by side.

Despite being larger and more complex, the Omni weighs about a gram less due to the titanium.

Titanium bowl filter on the right, stainless steel on the left.

M stainless steel oven on the left (needs a clean) titanium Omni oven on the right. Same bowl volume.

Haven't used it yet but I already like the Omni mouthpiece and stem shape over the M.

Other design improvements:

The M bowl has a rubber o-ring that is exposed when in the stem. This means that if you are careless, high or just lacking coordination you could accidentally hit this o-ring with the butane lighter flame while heating. You SHOULDN'T because the o-ring is no where near the cap you are heating but if you slip, it could happen. The omni has all o-rings recessed into the body so you can't expose it to direct flame.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 26, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

OK trip report for the OMNI:

Jesus gently caress :okpos:

This is literally the first time I used the Omni so still dialling in technique. It seems to heat the bowl faster so definitely respect the clicks a little more or you'll burn poo poo. I suspect this would be similar if you just bought a replacement titanium tip and stuffed it into the M body.

The mouthpiece is nicer to use. The air holes on the stem are better shaped so it does make it easier to vent in air consistently when rolling it in your fingers while dragging.

The stem extra size because of the mouthpiece and body shape make it easier to roll consistently over a lighter flame compared to the M. Which is not to say that either is particularly large. They're both nice and small devices.

Cleaning is a little bit more fiddly if you want to soak it to clean it because there's more O-rings to remove.

the spiralled, movable condenser stem seems like a gimmick but bugger me if airflow draw isn't a little smoother.

In summary - it probably won't get you any higher, but the ergo changes in the body and airflow are minor quality of life improvements and you might save a little on butane costs as the bowl seems to heat quicker.

Is it better? Yeah a little. Is it 3 times better (the difference in cost)? No but its still nice.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I wanted to treat myself to a new vape and I like my dynavap, so I was considering a titanium but for the same price I got a great deal on a Storz & Bickel Crafty+. After redeeming some loyalty points and a medical discount at my local head shop I got it for £150 (UK RRP is about £250).

Pictured on my work desk. I'm very pleased with it over all. My only complaint per se is the fiddliness and relative fragility of the dosing capsules, although they are already wearing in after a couple of goes and are a bit easier to pop open and closed now I've done it a few times. The vapor is lovely, and it is surprisingly cool for having quite a small cooling section in the top part. It's the latest model with BT and USB-C, I've installed the app on my phone and it works well but I don't really know what I'm doing changing up the temperature and modes.

One funny thing is the digital manual in the app is very coy about it's use for cannabis, so it has a table of temperatures for vaping poo poo like eucalyptus and hops. Like what the gently caress do hops taste like to vape, a burning pale ale?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Could genuinely see a beer quality tester doing a literal dry herb vape

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

One funny thing is the digital manual in the app is very coy about it's use for cannabis, so it has a table of temperatures for vaping poo poo like eucalyptus and hops. Like what the gently caress do hops taste like to vape, a burning pale ale?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hi friends, fellow weed smoker goon PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE turned me on to Piece Water, a bong water alternative solution that claims to trap more particular and filter better, as well as preventing mold and keeping the glass pretty clean. I picked some up last week (shipping was insane, took 2 days to get here) and after using it for almost a week... holy gently caress, if you use a water piece, this stuff is loving great. I'm now changing out and cleaning my glass stems and bowls instead of the entire piece, it doesn't smell, every hit whether its flower or vape has a distinct taste to the smoke and gently caress, it's just all around wayyyyy better for me. I was usually good about changing out bong water, but now not having to even worry about it until it gets concerning? That's my style

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I wonder if anyone has used that thick water stuff as bong water

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

that's legit af.

good times

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
changing out water is easy, i do it after every bowl. my friend is a lunatic and bought multiples of all his glass. he puts the small pieces in an ultrasonic cleaner after every bowl and rinses out the bong with iso and switches to clean glass while it's drying. sometimes i use kirkland sparkling water in my bong the citrus flavors are refreshing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I just toss my dab rig in the oven occasionally, that kills pretty much everything and all the reclaim just drips out. Doesn't work so great for flower bongs though.

How long do you have to let bong water sit before it develops mold? I've never had that problem, and I'm pretty lazy about changing water.