Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MrMojok posted:

I don’t know if “New Atlantis” is an old riff of AJ’s or what, but this is uhhh… yeah.

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1550654636582895616?s=21&t=bl7LBCOkc2Ph971QV1fERQ

Dude loves talking about Atlantis and mixing it with barely remembered old sci fi novels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I think that might actually be the first time that I've heard Francis Bacon come up in a conspiracy theory, and I really like learning weird conspiracy stuff.

Also weird about Atlantis since I think just about every time I've heard it come up it was a paradise that was done in either by natural disaster or civil war. So...being a 2nd Atlantis would be pretty cool, at least for awhile.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
What a clown. Let's ignore the stochastic terrorism.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
As a gradually widening man myself, I recognize the increasing stress that shirt is going through.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I think that might actually be the first time that I've heard Francis Bacon come up in a conspiracy theory, and I really like learning weird conspiracy stuff.

Really? The theory that he actually wrote Shakespeare's plays and stuck hidden messages into them is super old.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's Alex, he's saying deliberately crazy things because saying crazy things gets him into the news

Saying the US is Atlantis II featuring Francis Bacon is just as much of a publicity stunt as threatening to cut your finger off is

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
^True, but this is actually kind of tame when you consider how often interdimensional Satan pops up.

twerking on the railroad posted:

Really? The theory that he actually wrote Shakespeare's plays and stuck hidden messages into them is super old.

I forgot that one probably because I think it's boring :). But yeah, good point.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Is there a history dive Knowledge Fight where they cover Alex's reaction to Obama's election?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Deptfordx posted:

Is there a history dive Knowledge Fight where they cover Alex's reaction to Obama's election?

Episode 158 January 21, 2009. Obama had been president for 1 day.

They do a lot of '08-'09 episodes.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Deptfordx posted:

It's not knowledge fight, but this is a fair summation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Deptfordx posted:

They do a multi-episode arc covering The Obama Deception, which came out like the moment Barack Obama was sworn in

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Spoeank posted:

They do a multi-episode arc covering The Obama Deception, which came out like the moment Barack Obama was sworn in

That 1-2 week stretch where he keeps acting like he's going to release it early for some reason and then pulls back is funny.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

HuffPost did an article about Jones’ trial. This stood out to me:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-is-set-to-begin-heres-what-you-need-to-know_n_62d96cf0e4b0a6852c352e97

“Mark Bankston getting hard at destroying Jones” posted:

Bankston, the attorney representing Heslin and Lewis, told HuffPost an expert witness will be called to testify about Jones’ finances.

I hope it is Alex’s dad.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
With Roe being overturned and the guidestones being blown up, Alex has been in too good of a mood lately. I'm excited for the trial to start so we get more " humanity deserves to be raped to death by globalist demons" Alex, which is my favorite Alex.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I don't know. If Alex ends up needing to pay a poo poo ton of money he has enough connections with people who have enough that they can just bail him out. I want to believe he will face real life consequences for once but I don't know what that would look like.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I think he's used up a lot of those connections. There's only so many times someone can give you a million dollars worth of Bitcoin

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Robert Evans guest host episode today! I didn’t read the description first so Dans little intro song got me pumped.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/BkCdUM8K5Mk

Court is in session

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Robert Evans guest host episode today! I didn’t read the description first so Dans little intro song got me pumped.

EEEEEEEE

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Confusedslight posted:

I don't know. If Alex ends up needing to pay a poo poo ton of money he has enough connections with people who have enough that they can just bail him out. I want to believe he will face real life consequences for once but I don't know what that would look like.

He's still going to be on trial an humiliated on a huge scale. This is going to kill any hopes he had of mainstreaming or legitimazing Infowars. There wasn't a good chance of that anyway but now its completely dead. He's going to get cleaned out by the first trial, and he's still got 2 more to go.

He's been hanging out with Greenwald, maybe Peter Thiel is his sugar daddy.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This is for Jury selection.

Also Kelly Jones, Alex Jones' ex wife, is live tweeting it - @realkellyjones.

If anyone finds a more...objective person covering it I'd definitely like to know - I can't watch because I'm at work :(

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Had to turn it off once the parade of “free speech” morons in the jury pool started lining up. “I was raised to believe in ‘sticks and stones,’” gently caress right off with that. I’ll tune back in once the trial actually starts.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

JaneError posted:

Had to turn it off once the parade of “free speech” morons in the jury pool started lining up. “I was raised to believe in ‘sticks and stones,’” gently caress right off with that. I’ll tune back in once the trial actually starts.

Those morons are removing themselves from the jury by doing so, so it's actually very good

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551599106555990017?t=RV53CjDWmXGlLei7402KxQ&s=19

Uh oh.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
So that's what happens to Dan if he's left alone on the podcast. Making cat meows and drinking a Radler.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

I’m embarrassed to have been born and still live here. For a while I thought it was getting better, at least in my purple circle, , but that’s clearly just wishful thinking. I’m beginning to plan for leaving the state.

e: Surprise Mark Bankston!

e2: I would patreon back a podcast dedicated to deposition analysis. I'm already patron of Opening Arguments.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 25, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Minus Jordan’s absence, this episode rules, even as someone who haaaaates ska.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

In CSpam, there is a thread going after Evans for…reasons….

It seems like the reasons jump all over from his picture to his use of the n word a decade ago to not supporting Palestinians to being a CIA/Assad shill to claiming he caused the unrest in Portland a few years ago.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

In CSpam, there is a thread going after Evans for…reasons….

It seems like the reasons jump all over from his picture to his use of the n word a decade ago to not supporting Palestinians to being a CIA/Assad shill to claiming he caused the unrest in Portland a few years ago.

I don't even like BtB and that's some high-octane stupid.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Don't read cspam, bad for your brain.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Evans does have some history and he has out and said he worked alongside the CIA but his current work is what I judge him by and he seems like a good dude from that metric.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm not invested but I've read it before so it's triggering the :goonsay: in me. I believe the specific drama is that he plays himself up as a cool anarchist while supporting US intervention in Syria/abroad. And he made some pretty egotistical claims at times about his reporting being central in whipping up the crowd into charging the fence at the Justice Center in Portland when that seemed to be a "creative" interpretation of cause and effect :shrug:. That was, if I'm remembering right, a chunk of the fight that took down the thread in here last time.

Doesn't really matter anyway since he's just talking about Bannon in this episode. No reason to bring up C-SPAM.

Edit: Oh, also to not just nerd post, I'm a little worried that the trial's been built up so much and that talk from the jury selection isn't helping my nerves on it. I'd like to believe that this going to strike a big blow to Info Wars, but that's counting on a lot of things going right and consequences actually happening. It's going to be weird vibes going back to the show as normal if this ends up being a procedural case that hands out a slap on the wrist fine after all this.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 26, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

In any case, C-Spam is the reason we can't have a BtB thread and it sucks that we can't.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Sorry for any derail that might have caused.

In a civil case like this, they only have to get 7 jurors to agree, correct?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Megabound posted:

In any case, C-Spam is the reason we can't have a BtB thread and it sucks that we can't.

This is my thread, so you can talk about BtB if you want to.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I hope Chris becomes a better host/writer in time as he has a lot of good information about bastards but he's not a good storyteller. Garrison is pretty good at telling a story at least. They also seem to be getting more related experts on instead of just comedians which has been great as some of their guests have been fucken dire in the past.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Megabound posted:

I hope Chris becomes a better host/writer in time as he has a lot of good information about bastards but he's not a good storyteller. Garrison is pretty good at telling a story at least. They also seem to be getting more related experts on instead of just comedians which has been great as some of their guests have been fucken dire in the past.

I thought Chris did really well, last week. Talks with confidence, anxious stutter reduced a whole lot, found his own voice and not just aping Robert, etc. I think the very, very stupid idea of doing a daily podcast and being contractually forced to do it has given the whole Cool Zone Media crew a lot of live fire training.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
the btb thread is still open, just quiet

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

When they announced that It Could Happen Here was going daily, it made me shake my head. That is a lot of content to put out.

Side note: I miss the Worst Year Ever podcast and I am extremely pumped for the next current day Knowledge Fight because I want to hear their view of the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Livestream doesn't seem to be up yet, so some courtroom info to hold people over

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1551930269246099456
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551927158246875137
Alex Jones, Sandy Hook parents appear for opening arguments of defamation trial in Texas

quote:

Andino Reynal, Jones' lawyer, brought several large carboard cutouts into the courtroom before Jones made his entrance.

Mark Bankston, the lawyer for Lewis and Heslin, caught a glimpse of one of the cutouts and said "No, we're going to object to that."