Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I think that Sunred is significant precedent for One Punch Man, being a superhero-themed comedy about a hero who greatly outclasses his enemies and is dissatisfied with the absence of a serious challenge.

It also feels a *ton* like Luckyman.

Bald OP protagonist, hero society' intense but oblivious protege, farts solve issues, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
hholy poo poo

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the most powerful person in the universe

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kuvo posted:

the most powerful person in the universe

Is King. We know.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

saitama got lucky

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I checked out Sunred and it loving rules holy poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking forward to ONE declaring war on Christianity. I can't wait for Saitama vs Samson

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Saitama would win, because he can never cut his hair.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'll bet Garou would have stood more of a chance against Saitama if he was copying King, because of King's perceived strength

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking forward to the redraw of this chapter because a hyper-trained Saitama punch to the face only knocking Garou 20 feet away doesn't seem any stronger than Child Emperor at this point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm looking forward to the redraw of this chapter because a hyper-trained Saitama punch to the face only knocking Garou 20 feet away doesn't seem any stronger than Child Emperor at this point.

He wasn't punching Garou, he was punching the godbits OUT of Garou, high finesse punch

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Elfface posted:

Saitama would win, because he can never cut his hair.

:hmmyes:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

He promised Tarou not to injure Garou so used just enough force to kill God but not Garou.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Saitama vs. Garou loving rocked. I started laughing like a maniac right around Saitama and Garou leaping off the moon's remains.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I think the atmosphere of Jupiter being blown away to reveal the rock core is easily one of the most badass things I have ever seen drawn in any format. He definitely doesn't need to redraw anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/YusukeMurataArt/status/1479970733090615301
https://twitter.com/YusukeMurataArt/status/1451662081510543363

https://twitter.com/YusukeMurataArt/status/1481754240536170504

Fluffdaddy posted:

I think the atmosphere of Jupiter being blown away to reveal the rock core is easily one of the most badass things I have ever seen drawn in any format. He definitely doesn't need to redraw anything.

But I want Garou to have this reaction as he's rocketing to the other end of the city!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man I hate the Tony/Peter thing but that is a drat good Father/Son Kamehameha

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

dipwood posted:

I mean, the things the people are saying here would be cooler from a meme perspective, but that's not what was written.

But the narration is just providing the necessary alibi for the comic's entire conceit, which is that nothing is or will ever be as powerful as Saitama. Discussions about his power, how it functions and what limits it possesses are moot because Saitama is a Looney Toon. He is Bugs Bunny air dropped into a Shounen story. The whole point is seeing how that kind of setting copes with a character completely above and immune to its bullshit.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Skippy McPants posted:

But the narration is just providing the necessary alibi for the comic's entire conceit, which is that nothing is or will ever be as powerful as Saitama. Discussions about his power, how it functions and what limits it possesses are moot because Saitama is a Looney Toon. He is Bugs Bunny air dropped into a Shounen story. The whole point is seeing how that kind of setting copes with a character completely above and immune to its bullshit.

Saitama, to any of the various villainous superscientists as their hyperweapons deflect uselessly off of him:

"Eh, what's up, doc"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Road Runner's tunnel gag but instead of it working as a tunnel saitama just powers through the solid stone

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Maybe I just have too high an opinion of the average manga reader but I don't think Bugs Bunny is too complicated for them to understand without a line graph.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I thought Joseph Joestar was Bugs Bunny.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ah yes, I too remember that time when Bugs Bunny blowed up Io surface and exposed Jupiter metallic core with a sneeze. Looney Toon classic.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is Florida bigger than Jupiter? Sorry, I failed geography in high school.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Edit: too slow!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The chapter with Saitama bathing in lava in front of a bewildered Oorochi who's trying to explain his Godly resurrection prophecy would absolutely fit in a Looney Toons segment

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

SpiderLink posted:

I thought Joseph Joestar was Bugs Bunny.

Nyeeeh, your next words will be "Sufferin' succotash!"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Looney Tunes power levels?

:bignews:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's just regular kirby

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

oh jay posted:

Is Florida bigger than Jupiter? Sorry, I failed geography in high school.

Jupiter surface is around 360,000 times Florida surface.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

Jupiter surface is around 360,000 times Florida surface.

Now do the math on the moon they were fighting on

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Lol get real folks. I can’t even see Jupiter with my eye, but I was in an airport in Florida once. Florida is clearly way bigger.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The size isn't important, what matters is I'd much rather live on Jupiter than in Florida and Saitama should have punched Florida instead.

Alabama too. And most of Arkansas.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Lol get real folks. I can’t even see Jupiter with my eye, but I was in an airport in Florida once. Florida is clearly way bigger.
Can you see florida right now?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Zereth posted:

Can you see florida right now?

I don’t have a Peacock subscription so I can’t see Florida on Good Times and I don’t subscribe to Tubi so I can’t see her on Maude either. Help

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I don’t have a Peacock subscription so I can’t see Florida on Good Times and I don’t subscribe to Tubi so I can’t see her on Maude either. Help

Tubi is free without a subscription.

You can watch all of "Columbo", both the original and the revival specials, without even signing up for anything. To keep it on topic, you can also mainline Redline, Jin Roh, and One Punch Man.

Or you can watch the dub of Yukikaze Mave Chan. I don't know why you would do that, but it is possible.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws for a new chapter https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270375685396151729

Edit: Yeah gonna need the text for this one but it's cool that Genos gets to see what happened in the erased timeline

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

other gags i never get tired of: artful positioning of characters to censor a naked character's junk