Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They're going to bring back The Triangular Trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Exporting large amounts of opium to our hated enemy, china.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Maybe Rees-Mogg has some relation to French royalty that he can use to make a claim for the ownership of all of France. It's time for The Battle of Agincourt 2.0

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Exporting large amounts of opium to our hated enemy, china.
China is at the forefront of non-fentanyl synthetic opioids that can be produced without any controlled precursors, so that might not work out as planned.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

China is at the forefront of non-fentanyl synthetic opioids that can be produced without any controlled precursors, so that might not work out as planned.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Synthetic opioids?!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pictures you can hear lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Ch4 News keeps talking about the Tory debate and something called the "Lord Crud-rear end Proposition" lol

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1551628844137820162?t=ccw9fgXHvhE1mc7KKgw7_g&s=19

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I don't think that's as "exclusive" as he thinks it is

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Starmer posted:

The Tories are proposing to waste more money. But Labour will offer sound finances, he says.

There will be no magic money tree economics with us.

It's gonna be even more hosed this time when all the libs are bringing up "harm reduction" and "privilege", while they themselves will genuinely be happier just knowing that the colour of the rosette has changed, like it's a loving game.

I can't think of something of catchy as "vote blue no matter who" for Labour, but I'm sure there will be something equally loving stupid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's gonna be even more hosed this time when all the libs are bringing up "harm reduction" and "privilege", while they themselves will genuinely be happier just knowing that the colour of the rosette has changed, like it's a loving game.

I can't think of something of catchy as "vote blue no matter who", but I'm sure there will be something equally loving stupid.

'Vote blue no matter who' is just a realistic analysis of our polling choices in 2024.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I can't think of something of catchy as "vote blue no matter who" for Labour, but I'm sure there will be something equally loving stupid.
Vote red, still dead

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fudge sale on! Get it while it’s.. fudgey!

Hey there fudge fans!

I have a big pile of fudge that desperately needs good homes! Can you help out with this tragedy? Rehoming fudge from my stockroom to your tummy makes the fudge happy, makes you happy and even makes me happy! Can’t get better than that!

Ahem. So I have a sale currently on for several flavours that are running up to their expiry (end of July), and also most of my vegan stock: the hot weather has not been kind and the vegan flavours have suffered cosmetically due to it. Hence a much reduced price- they’re still in date, sound and delicious, just don’t look so pretty!

All flavours marked with an asterisk are selling at £2 per block rather than the usual £3.50 (+p&p)

Current Flavours

* Original Vanilla
* Unicorn Barf
* Chocolate Honeycomb
* Nibblez
* Irish Cream
* Pimms *
* Lemon Meringue Pie
* Eton Mess
* White Chocolate and Raspberry
* Malted Milk Ball - new recipe! Malty Horlicks fudge decorated with Maltesers
* Peanut Butter Cup - New recipe! Peanut butter fudge shot through with mini Reeses cups
* Coconut Macaroon *
* Veganilla *
* Vegan Salted Caramel *
* You Jammy Git!
* Vegan Maple Syrup and Pecan

All flavours are live and available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk and as always, use the goon code ‘Roastbeefisbest’ to get 5-for-4 at checkout

Get fudged!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

GTTO (Get The Tories Out)

It is, unfortunately, already a thing.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Boris loving over Truss by starting a write in campaign for himself would be funny

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

* Unicorn Barf

Honest question, do you think you would sell more of this if it had a different name? Personally I could never bring myself to buy food with puke in the title

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Honest question, do you think you would sell more of this if it had a different name? Personally I could never bring myself to buy food with puke in the title
https://twitter.com/CaeruleanSea/status/767017147516198912

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean it’s consistently my biggest seller- it’s the only flavour other than vanilla I /always/ keep in stock.

Though a lot of that is face-to-face sales; I’m unexpectedly really good at patter and I squeeze in a joke about how unicorns barf up marshmallows and rainbows, just basic biology really. Literally everyone gives a thoughtful nod in agreement at that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yeah, most of these would be an improvement

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

I mean it’s consistently my biggest seller- it’s the only flavour other than vanilla I /always/ keep in stock.

Though a lot of that is face-to-face sales; I’m unexpectedly really good at patter and I squeeze in a joke about how unicorns barf up marshmallows and rainbows, just basic biology really. Literally everyone gives a thoughtful nod in agreement at that.

Interesting!

I didn't think I was the majority opinion on that, but crazy to me that it doesn't seem to matter at all

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Leave means leave, Boris.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Re Starmer, doesn't India lead the world in pharmaceutical manufacture anyway?

fake edit: No, Germany does. UK is 7th, at nine times less than Germany's number.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting!

I didn't think I was the majority opinion on that, but crazy to me that it doesn't seem to matter at all

Bear in mind that these days my online sales are about 25% of my trade. Kids absolutely /love/ the UB face to face- the gross name makes them laugh, it’s colourful and pretty to look at and also tastes really good.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I had some unicorn barf last time and it's delicious. The marshmallowy feeling of it. Yum.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
obviously the solution here is to make the fudge equivalent of those fancy harry potter covers for adults that make it look refined. ah yes jeeves hand me ten grams of my 2022 ambre gris d'équidé cornu

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Camrath posted:

I am having a Bad Day™ so I have treated myself to another fudge selection 👍️

Humble request: I'd love to see the return of dark chocolate, it was easily my favourite last time and I don't think I've seen it in rotation for quite a while

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

TACD posted:

I am having a Bad Day™ so I have treated myself to another fudge selection 👍️

Humble request: I'd love to see the return of dark chocolate, it was easily my favourite last time and I don't think I've seen it in rotation for quite a while

Duly noted! Next chocolate flavour I do will be it. :)

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Same, been a while since I ordered but have missed the fudge.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

China is at the forefront of non-fentanyl synthetic opioids that can be produced without any controlled precursors,most consumer goods in the UK so that might not work out as planned.

Ftfy.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
in what sense do these people actually state that china is the biggest threat to the uk?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Camrath posted:

Yay! I thought the hype about your fudge was just friendly thread comradery, but it really is loving incredible. I expected my first order to last 2 weeks, but it only lasted 3-4 days, it's that good. I couldn't leave it alone. So seeing as I didn't die from chronic fudge overdose the first time around, it's time to put in a second order.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 25, 2022

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

bump_fn posted:

in what sense do these people actually state that china is the biggest threat to the uk?

There are a lot of people who wil be sceptical about a source reporting on their own street, but if it's that same source reporting on a mortal enemy from the cold war that is on the other side of the planet, then they just accept it.

It's a great distraction, see trump and his "Gyna" antics.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That was just locker room talk.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There are a lot of people who wil be sceptical about a source reporting on their own street, but if it's that same source reporting on a mortal enemy from the cold war that is on the other side of the planet, then they just accept it.

It's a great distraction, see trump and his "Gyna" antics.

It's his wife's Indian influence maybe. Modi whispering into his ear.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know that UK politicians need the influence of India to say dumb poo poo about China.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Parents are watching the debate for some godforsaken reason

Sunak is definitely gonna lose lol

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

"Why isn't she running?"

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Dear UK, please come retrieve your stray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1551659501408894978