Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Normal Barbarian posted:

What happened with holesquad after the SQWID schism, anyhow? Did it get rebooted?

[GANDR] is doing an eviction so we can build a new nest. Get a drake/dni/Nighthawk and follow instructions in the op to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’m trying to remember any point we actually had schismatics and it wasn’t the directors literally creating them whole cloth out of lovely behavior and drawing a blank.

darius kinda

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Normal Barbarian posted:

What happened with holesquad after the SQWID schism, anyhow? Did it get rebooted?

Whole Squid mostly plays other games, now.

Also it wasn't exactly a schism, they were forced out for bullshit reasons.

Goosefleet is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Goonswarm has been pretty immune to schisms, Council of Secrets thought the eronarn thing would destroy goonswarm and our revolution was stillborn after it was made public

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

aioli is just mayo posted:

Goonswarm has been pretty immune to schisms, Council of Secrets thought the eronarn thing would destroy goonswarm and our revolution was stillborn after it was made public

in 2006 or 7? we looked at it kinda side eye but more "who the gently caress talks like this" and nobody gave a poo poo there's no way that was going to have any effect at that time

also who the hell is council of secrets

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lol at all the nerds jockeying for power with clandestine groups.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Aedaxus posted:

I have quoted CCP support conversations openly without issues multiple times, but then again, I am careful what I say on those and in what context I am posting those. So in your case, do not add any GM convo to your post, you will most likely get permabanned.

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/security-update-february-2018
"The actual reason the rule was originally set was to protect our staff from out of context posting and partial re-posting intended to foster misinformation without us jumping in and clarifying. The thinking was (and to some degree still is) that this would put our staff in a position where unless they responded to every such post, it could be expected to represent proper context. In that sense it was always meant to improve discussion, not censor it."

The weird thing is that I have read those rules somewhere but can't find them anywhere in the dev blogs. I'm sure they were somewhere on an official CCP source. Does anyone have a link?

GM IceCream explicitly stated I am not to release any communications to the public, regardless of that statement.

Vilgan posted:

Meh, definitely fine with CCP nerfing ganking. It's a loving dumb playstyle.

ur dumb, it's the funnest poo poo in the game

andromache posted:

It feels like this is targeted at some of the more egregious behaviors - new player hunting with can flipping or relentlessly making GBS threads on a streamer that someone has decided they don’t like - both of which put the hurt on new player attraction and retention.

Seems like freighter/jump freighter/bowhead/orca popping will still be fine under the “tangible value” phrasing, though how much isk is “tangible” depends very much on the individual. Regardless, whether it’s the isk value or we have a conversation with the GM where “actually we have this tool where we’ve observed player interactions and locations and have a high degree of confidence this is the neutral alt of X, who is a member of Y, which we are currently at war with.”

Yeah, but you're not allowed to miner gank, blind gank, or stream snipe any more. Newbie ganking was already against the rules. Now streamsniping isn't allowed period, because the only benefit is 'seeing them rage and call you slurs and make death threats.' and it was, of course "your fault for ganking them in the first place."

actual CCP quote btw, actual GM that's refusing to let me post these logs btw

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 25, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

GM IceCream explicitly stated I am not to release any communications to the public, regardless of that statement.

Yeah, but you're not allowed to miner gank, blind gank, or stream snipe any more. Newbie ganking was already against the rules. Now streamsniping isn't allowed period, because the only benefit is 'seeing them rage and call you slurs and make death threats.' and it was, of course "your fault for ganking them in the first place."

actual CCP quote btw, actual GM that's refusing to let me post these logs btw

Post the logs, scrub your name, deny deny deny.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Post the logs, scrub your name, deny deny deny.

they know what they sent, they can easily find it back to me

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

they know what they sent, they can easily find it back to me

Yes I know. I want to help you win eve since it's clearly broken your brain based on your dogshit posting.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Kind of crazy how many changes are happening. I have been gone awhile and there is so much news after being stagnant for awhile.
So CCP is really changing the rules on ganks now?

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

in 2006 or 7? we looked at it kinda side eye but more "who the gently caress talks like this" and nobody gave a poo poo there's no way that was going to have any effect at that time

also who the hell is council of secrets

That’s how secret it was, it was the lobby crew scheming

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ragedx posted:

Kind of crazy how many changes are happening. I have been gone awhile and there is so much news after being stagnant for awhile.

Highsec ganking has always existed at the very edge of what's "acceptable" in Eve Online. For years, possibly decades, that line is constantly shifting, either by game mechanics changes or from GM/dev fiat or whatever. If one is highsec ganking and not amenable to repositioning themselves back behind the line as it fluctuates, they're gonna have a bad time. Whether or not you agree with whatever change is happening, the fact is that it WILL change, no matter what.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

aioli is just mayo posted:

That’s how secret it was, it was the lobby crew scheming

Lobby Crew, Best Crew.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ragedx posted:

Yup

You need to 'PROVE' a tangible gain for every gank you do now. You're not allowed to gank for fun, or use 'permits' as a reason to gank. Apparently trying to gain notoriety, fame, and get as many kills on your zkill as possible aren't valid reasons to gank now, you have to have tangible gain.

No more miner ganking, no more stream sniping, no more ganking freighters for fun, etc. I don't even think you could kill an empty freighter passing through uedama.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Do we look like the public? The public actively avoid most eve players

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Mederlock posted:

Your chosen subfraction's "school" station and I think that's it. That's one of the many reasons that caldari is the best start, because your school station is less than 10 jumps from Jita

E: also once a year you can change your clone to any station with cloning services that your corporation has an office in

Thanks. I guess once my characters are in newbie corps they'll just be an autopilot away from Amarr.

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I prefer to use kale and blend it all up for a lunch time smoothie

Kale is the devil’s lettuce.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Normal Barbarian posted:

holesquad died due to drama.

Around late June of 2020 I started Genesis Squad which lived in a C4 w/ a C3/C5 static. Tried to avoid the drama, mostly just providing a place for people to learn poo poo about wormholes, make isk, occasionally take a mental break from the war if needed, and do some wormhole pvp which was noticeably different from the nullsec stuff. I heard from a lot of people that the squad was the only reason they didn't quit, many of them cycled back to the war after the mental health break, some of them ended up involved in coord/other spacejob positions. Were some ups and downs, held against several eviction attempts successfully but HK/lazerhawks were too much without support from the alliance. They claimed to be paid by Test as part of the war, no clue if that's actually true.

It existed essentially without any support from leadership the whole time I was there. Eventually we got a comms channel and officially added as a squad altho it took Nom like 3 months to make the change after leadership approved it.

I quickly disliked Mittens, but in Spring 2021 I couldn't take it anymore and passed the reins off and moved on in May or June. Was somewhat quiet about reasons other than with a couple of leadership, as "I can't loving stand our coalition leader" maybe isn't the best thing to broadcast to a group that is remaining as part of that coalition. My understanding is they are still around, quietly doing wormhole stuff, and accepting new members but not advertising much.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vilgan posted:

holesquad died due to drama.

Around late June of 2020 I started Genesis Squad which lived in a C4 w/ a C3/C5 static. Tried to avoid the drama, mostly just providing a place for people to learn poo poo about wormholes, make isk, occasionally take a mental break from the war if needed, and do some wormhole pvp which was noticeably different from the nullsec stuff. I heard from a lot of people that the squad was the only reason they didn't quit, many of them cycled back to the war after the mental health break, some of them ended up involved in coord/other spacejob positions. Were some ups and downs, held against several eviction attempts successfully but HK/lazerhawks were too much without support from the alliance. They claimed to be paid by Test as part of the war, no clue if that's actually true.

It existed essentially without any support from leadership the whole time I was there. Eventually we got a comms channel and officially added as a squad altho it took Nom like 3 months to make the change after leadership approved it.

I quickly disliked Mittens, but in Spring 2021 I couldn't take it anymore and passed the reins off and moved on in May or June. Was somewhat quiet about reasons other than with a couple of leadership, as "I can't loving stand our coalition leader" maybe isn't the best thing to broadcast to a group that is remaining as part of that coalition. My understanding is they are still around, quietly doing wormhole stuff, and accepting new members but not advertising much.

I’m gonna blow them up

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Personal anecdote, but one of my top 5 favorite moments during my time playing eve was infiltrating a highsec mining corp - it was super easy because they didn't check alts or anything - and then letting some goon in a smartbomb battleship nuke basically the entire corp while they were on a mining op. I think there were like a dozen killmails. The progression from "oh there's a blinking red guy in local" to "oh god what's happening" was :discourse:

I'm not sorry, they learned a valuable lesson.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

I used to suicide gank solo all the time, it was so much fun.

Thanks CCP.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Using alts to join high sec mining corps as a wide eyed newbie and then stealing everything that wasn't nailed down was always amusing. "You will never find another corp!!!" as I biomass the 500k sp miner.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Vilgan posted:

My understanding is they are still around, quietly doing wormhole stuff, and accepting new members but not advertising much.

They are still around. And generally very nice and good people. Definitely one of the best still active groups afaik.

Them and The Black Order were the only two places I was doing fleets and hopping on comms for anymore before I left.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

They should try imposing harsher in game penalties for ganking in highsec if they want to deter it.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Durendal posted:

They should try imposing harsher in game penalties for ganking in highsec if they want to deter it.

Mandatory attendance at Fanfest for highsec gankers

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

xtothez posted:

the risk to society putting so many great people together in one place is too high. same reason the president and vice president rarely travel together.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

xtothez posted:

Iceland is not ready for globby

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Durendal posted:

Each week the highest ISK ganker gets to be Imperium alliance CEO for the next 7 days.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Durendal posted:

Must eat 50g of hakarl per gank.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Wonder how hard it would to get around this by rebooting something like James315's gimmick. PM the obviously AFK Hulk a ransom / mining license fee while you're setting up your warpin / waiting down your timer, then blow them up when they don't respond. As long as you don't hound a specific person from system to system (which iirc was already actionable, or at least something you would be told to stop doing) or do one of the more egregious activities that others have mentioned or CCP has called out specifically then it's probably a good enough veneer?

How's the logistics of Vexor ganking on gates these days?

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Endie posted:

How can you be here for thirteen years and not spot an obvious copy-paste? I just presumed it was another from the serried ranks of frustrated MRAs in gsf's Karmafleet cultural guard.

you are clearly very cool and smart! great job

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Smithwick posted:

Kale is the devil’s lettuce.

This, picked twenty metres from the kitchen, then sauteed with bacon and chestnuts. Either the black kale on the left or normal stuff on the right. The defence rests.

twigplant posted:

you are clearly very cool and smart! great job

Calm down, dear.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Voyager I posted:

Wonder how hard it would to get around this by rebooting something like James315's gimmick. PM the obviously AFK Hulk a ransom / mining license fee while you're setting up your warpin / waiting down your timer, then blow them up when they don't respond. As long as you don't hound a specific person from system to system (which iirc was already actionable, or at least something you would be told to stop doing) or do one of the more egregious activities that others have mentioned or CCP has called out specifically then it's probably a good enough veneer?

How's the logistics of Vexor ganking on gates these days?

Conduct a Voight-Kampff test in Local. You can then claim that your're conducting legitimate roleplaying activity rather than ganking. If a GM interferes, ask him why he isn't helping, then call him a replicant.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
A retriever is being shot in an anomaly, using an active fit, draining his cap frantically to tank the rats, but he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There are still people doing the mining permits in empire thing. I cannot begin to describe how tedious they are as people, as in this person has no sense of humour and is really bad at local.

They target newbies in ventures because It’s a game older empire miners figured out years ago when jump clones came out. Red with [I follow the code] in bio shows up in local, simply dock up and JC to other mackinaw. They may get someone in a retriever watching Netflix but they will just roll eyes and make a new one.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:stare: :fh:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

dialhforhero posted:

A retriever is being shot in an anomaly, using an active fit, draining his cap frantically to tank the rats, but he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

dialhforhero posted:

Tell me about your alliance leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

dialhforhero posted:

lololol