Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

Whole Squid mostly plays other games, now.

Also it wasn't exactly a schism, they were forced out for bullshit reasons.

Goosefleet is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for.

To be fair, the guy running the squad was kind of a tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Vilgan posted:

holesquad died due to drama.

Did they get evicted from Goku?

Vilgan posted:

Around late June of 2020 I started Genesis Squad which lived in a C4 w/ a C3/C5 static. Tried to avoid the drama, mostly just providing a place for people to learn poo poo about wormholes, make isk, occasionally take a mental break from the war if needed, and do some wormhole pvp which was noticeably different from the nullsec stuff. I heard from a lot of people that the squad was the only reason they didn't quit, many of them cycled back to the war after the mental health break, some of them ended up involved in coord/other spacejob positions. Were some ups and downs, held against several eviction attempts successfully but HK/lazerhawks were too much without support from the alliance. They claimed to be paid by Test as part of the war, no clue if that's actually true.

It existed essentially without any support from leadership the whole time I was there. Eventually we got a comms channel and officially added as a squad altho it took Nom like 3 months to make the change after leadership approved it.

I quickly disliked Mittens, but in Spring 2021 I couldn't take it anymore and passed the reins off and moved on in May or June. Was somewhat quiet about reasons other than with a couple of leadership, as "I can't loving stand our coalition leader" maybe isn't the best thing to broadcast to a group that is remaining as part of that coalition. My understanding is they are still around, quietly doing wormhole stuff, and accepting new members but not advertising much.

Your experience echoes mine, especially the feedback from vets, during the hv/sqwid reboot.

e. minus the evictions. we kept our heads down until we had established wh ~cred~

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 26, 2022

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Not An Arsonist posted:

I was in the old-school Holesquad when it was Schned's project, back then it was more about profits then content. Eventually we were evicted, think the group was called Ragnarok or something. When i wasn't paying attention Dod rebooted the squad and i ran into them one day when i was loving around lowsec. Instantly signed up and had good times all around, and i stayed with them to the end. He helped shape Holesquad into the legend it's known for today. I've also flown with Vilgan's group and can say they are a pretty great bunch of nerds, though i've lost touch as life picked up. Though i haven't had time for the wormhole lifestyle, i hope they are still doing their thing and thriving.

Wormholes are a 10/10 experience and you have never truly internet spaceshiped until you've been in and out of other peoples holes for a living.

We took over the comms for the space violence ustz wormhole summer camp, yeah, schned's. I think he briefly poked his head in to pass the reins. It's been years

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Some propaganda, or propagander if you will, from our discord. Join Goosefleet today!

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Normal Barbarian posted:

Did they get evicted from Goku?

My understanding is the leadership went AFK, and some members started causing so much drama that alliance leadership shut hole squad down.

I wasn't around then so don't know the details.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This goose stuff for the last few pages has been pretty great.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 26, 2022

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The goose stuff has me sorely tempted to asset safety my poo poo out of delve and actually play for a little while. Some drat fine propagander you got there.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

hailthefish posted:

The goose stuff has me sorely tempted to asset safety my poo poo out of delve and actually play for a little while. Some drat fine propagander you got there.

Thank you fam. You would totally be welcome to join and are certainly encouraged to.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hailthefish posted:

dooooo iiiiiit

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

hailthefish posted:

I did a one month sub to see how it turns out

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Normal Barbarian posted:

Ehhhh. Eve is bad for me, and I'm bad at eve. I like the chill corp, though.
I've made a terrible mistake and need you to make it with me.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Normal Barbarian posted:

Ehhhh. Eve is bad for me, and I'm bad at eve. I like the chill corp, though.

Come back to us garnt.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Normal Barbarian posted:

To be fair, the guy running the squad was kind of a tool.

The BEST tool. :3:

Vilgan posted:

My understanding is the leadership went AFK, and some members started causing so much drama that alliance leadership shut hole squad down.

Pretty sure that's how Goku died.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TheWeedNumber posted:

Some propaganda, or propagander if you will, from our discord. Join Goosefleet today!

That's the good poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Wolfy posted:

I've made a terrible mistake and need you to make it with me.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

i am glad the WOL classics live on

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vilgan posted:

here is the series of events that killed hole squad

0. Dod Kalm, noted drinking buddy of Alexander "the Mittani" Gianturco, goes turbo afk
1. Madcows acts up one too many times and gets banned. People will meme about "falcon srp" but the dude was wildin out all over the place
2. Certified cool dudes and hole squad leadership members Saya and Machine Culture give madcows docking rights to an alliance structure to help him evac his poo poo out of the hole
3. Saya and Machine Culture are banned
4. Nex Dementia, the de facto leader of hole squad, goes ballistic on various alliance leadership figures, gets banned
5. Dod Kalm shows up in a few threads and mewls about "his squad" despite not having logged in even a single time during the goku null static roaming days
6. Most of the useful members of hole squad leave
7. Hole squad limps on and eventually closes

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
isn't the whole "Honk" thing a 4chan meme?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

here is the series of events that killed hole squad

0. Dod Kalm, noted drinking buddy of Alexander "the Mittani" Gianturco, goes turbo afk
1. Madcows acts up one too many times and gets banned. People will meme about "falcon srp" but the dude was wildin out all over the place
2. Certified cool dudes and hole squad leadership members Saya and Machine Culture give madcows docking rights to an alliance structure to help him evac his poo poo out of the hole
3. Saya and Machine Culture are banned
4. Nex Dementia, the de facto leader of hole squad, goes ballistic on various alliance leadership figures, gets banned
5. Dod Kalm shows up in a few threads and mewls about "his squad" despite not having logged in even a single time during the goku null static roaming days
6. Most of the useful members of hole squad leave
7. Hole squad limps on and eventually closes

I always wondered about what happened after point 3.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Speaking as a completely new player, the corp has room for everyone.

This game is very complicated, and most of the people you'll be playing with are skilled years beyond where you'll be, but you'll find people willing to help you out with skill plans and maybe a but of seed money.

I've had a great time so far!

Oh, definitely hit someone up for a referral link. I missed the chance to do that, and left 1M skill points on the table. Oh well.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

shut the gently caress up bill

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bigbillthaboss posted:

In the clown context, where it's a racist dog whistle just like everything else that comes out of 4chan.

Not in the goose context.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Those are some some good propagoosda posters.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Their specifically referencing the Toilet Eve:Echos game, where the SA Goon group is called Goosefleet, and they do the HONK thing as a meme, similar to how MWO group WoL screams SQUAWK.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Not everything is 4chan.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
no he's right, the bird-themed group making the sound a bird makes is something 4chan invented, that makes perfect sense

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Cease to Hope posted:

no he's right, the bird-themed group making the sound a bird makes is something 4chan invented, that makes perfect sense

a goose quacks

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Bigbillthaboss posted:

a goose quacks

So close!! That is a duck 💕

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
oh huh, apparently i have an old version of that goosefleet anime launch sequence saved

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Feliday Melody posted:

This goose stuff for the last few pages has been pretty great.

geese branding was possibly the best thing we could have done in echoes and honking in local drives people insane

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

for reference, pinch the egg warrior was the translation of our chinese friends at the start of eve echoes, when they wanted us to kill their pods because there was no self destruct implemented at the time. our diplo with them was almost entirely consisting of goose emojis and the random conversation with one english speaking chinese player who lived in europe and thus had access to discord

RIP vvv

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Collateral Damage posted:

In the clown context, where it's a racist dog whistle just like everything else that comes out of 4chan.

Not in the goose context.

I always took it as a Homestuck reference but I don't have any idea what 4chan do or say

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Cease to Hope posted:

oh huh, apparently i have an old version of that goosefleet anime launch sequence saved

This is bringing me back to the glory days of MWO.

Is GANDR only in Echoes?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Endie posted:

This, picked twenty metres from the kitchen, then sauteed with bacon and chestnuts. Either the black kale on the left or normal stuff on the right. The defence rests.

Calm down, dear.

Rather jealous, great way to get wholesome juice and some roughage in case you want to block up a toilet.

Looks like a lot of work but it's a great and wholesome hobby :shobon:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Voyager I posted:

Is GANDR only in Echoes?

goosefleet has crossed over from toilet eve to 2L eve

check post #2 ITT for more info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Voyager I posted:

Is GANDR only in Echoes?

We are now in EVE ONLINE A HORRIBLE GAME. See OP for our discord link.