Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
We had to switch to Purina Pro Sensitive for dry food because my fluffy boy has a sensitive stomach but it's not too bad price wise per month. They only really like two brands of wet food and only the seafood ones for one brand and that took a lot of mixing and matching to pin down. Sardines are their favorite at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Timby posted:

Breakups loving suck.

Especially six days before your birthday. :smith:

Ah gently caress dude, that sucks.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Wet cat food is expensive and my cats are kind of picky. This complaint brought to you by my Petco and Chewy budget.

If it makes you feel any better, from a logistics perspective, Chewy is a huge pain in the rear end to deal with because they are so rate sensitive and they drill it home how they want to be able to not pass the cost onto their customers.

That gets them the shittiest service possible but still

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ah gently caress dude, that sucks.

Yeah. :( We were together for almost 14 months, easily my longest relationship since I left my ex-wife.

Right now I'm just numb and took the day off work to cope.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Their mom's family can be badass hunters of their time but the show scaled up enormously from the first season. Even the best hunters were more or less helpless against demons at the start of the show so relative to the Sam and Dean who were fighting God's sister it'll still feel a little lackluster. I don't know, maybe they can manage it

The show kinda leaned waaaay to hard into crying about how hard their lives were for a bunch of seasons. Which I get because a couple of misty eyed heroic dudes was kinda peak for that period but it got really one note and boring on a rewatch.

Going back to monster of the week would be kinda cool and good. I mean, I'm sure they'll gently caress it right up because that's what studios do now but I hope they don't.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BlindSite they both died and had to fight God's sister you'd cry too!!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/philimusprime/status/1551027593255784449?t=5GDNPtulpwtzbZKWLWtyFQ&s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
God daaaamn the newest episode of Orville was great

I yelled when Dolly showed up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

BlindSite they both died and had to fight God's sister you'd cry too!!!

Brah, it was like every episode after they fought Lucifer they were big sad face and tearing up. Eventually I was just like loving change the tune.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

If it makes you feel any better, from a logistics perspective, Chewy is a huge pain in the rear end to deal with because they are so rate sensitive and they drill it home how they want to be able to not pass the cost onto their customers.

I try to buy local but I was busy and bought off chewy (cat food and litter) and it was like 3 days faster than Amazon delivering. I don't know how but I was impressed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

God daaaamn the newest episode of Orville was great

I yelled when Dolly showed up

The Orville has been sooo good. I hope Disney+ picks up a new season. I love that the instrumental music they were dancing to was Jolene

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

They’re getting rid of the choco taco? My childhood!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

They’re getting rid of the choco taco? My childhood!

An actual tragedy. gently caress.

Joy is dead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Someone handed me a choco taco a few years back. Took two bites, noticed the shell was made of peanuts, spent 30 minutes sipping water with chipmunk face. Good riddance, I spit on its grave

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Kid food is expensive and my kids are kind of picky. This complaint brought to you by my Costco and Sam’s budget.

With a couple of tweaks, I completely sympathize. We just spent a combined $600 Saturday between Costco, Sam’s and Aldi’s.

And that’s not counting the uniforms for school that we still have to buy.

Edit: Sorry Timby, that really sucks man. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

Someone handed me a choco taco a few years back. Took two bites, noticed the shell was made of peanuts, spent 30 minutes sipping water with chipmunk face. Good riddance, I spit on its grave

Just because your bloodline is weak doesn't mean we can't have nice things.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

We have an ice cream truck that runs through the neighborhood from time to time and I bought a Choco Taco from it awhile back. It was like $4 but it was till pretty drat delicious.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Timby posted:

Yeah. :( We were together for almost 14 months, easily my longest relationship since I left my ex-wife.

Right now I'm just numb and took the day off work to cope.

I’m sorry Timby :(

Why did they sever?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/NotJosieGrossy/status/1439591077963567109

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m sorry Timby :(

Why did they sever?

It's pretty clear she had been thinking about it for a while; she said that I deserve someone more emotionally available and openly affectionate.

I think what hurts the most is that she always said, since the day we started dating, that if she ever broke up with me, she'd do it face-to-face. Instead, she did it via a long-winded Facebook message. I was so bothered and wrecked by everything that an old friend of mine called the Dubuque PD to do a wellness check on me.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

It was lots of fun pulling trailers packed to the gills with a listed weight of “??? If you get a ticket we’ll cover it” from Florida to Charlotte until Chewy put up a DC near Charlotte.

Also if you want to get a bolt hole for the coming climate apocalypse I suggest Flagstaff. It’s 65 and pleasant right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXoFRmsISI

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The choco taco always over-promised and under-delivered. The Tesla of ice cream novelty snacks

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well gently caress. I'm supposed to fly home to Boston for my sister's wedding on Wednesday and my fridge has randomly died and error coded twice in the last 3 days. I found a couple videos showcasing the exact symptoms and error code and the root cause is a bad control panel, probably a capacitor. I can get it working again with a power cycle but that probably won't work for long.

This is not a problem I can fix in 24 hours and I am planning on being gone for 5 days. Now I either evacuate the fridge (including like 10lbs of leftover amazing indian food from a friends wedding) or try to teach the friendly neighbor cat sitter which circuit breaker does the fridge and hope the power cycle plan buys me time to get home.

Then it will be either buy a replacement control board for like $250 and hope that works and I don't gently caress it up or just go get a new fridge that fits the precise space in the cabinetry recess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weddings man. Im happy for people an all but the whole covid thing ended up making a backlog.

I have 4 this year alone to attend. 3 of them I'm either best man or a groomsman. I'm honoured but that's 3 sets of suit or suit adjacent clothes, 4 gifts, 4 places I gotta get accommodation for.

I think I'm out nearly 2k for my brothers wedding alone on clothes, accom, bucks party etc.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Well gently caress. I'm supposed to fly home to Boston for my sister's wedding on Wednesday and my fridge has randomly died and error coded twice in the last 3 days. I found a couple videos showcasing the exact symptoms and error code and the root cause is a bad control panel, probably a capacitor. I can get it working again with a power cycle but that probably won't work for long.

This is not a problem I can fix in 24 hours and I am planning on being gone for 5 days. Now I either evacuate the fridge (including like 10lbs of leftover amazing indian food from a friends wedding) or try to teach the friendly neighbor cat sitter which circuit breaker does the fridge and hope the power cycle plan buys me time to get home.

Then it will be either buy a replacement control board for like $250 and hope that works and I don't gently caress it up or just go get a new fridge that fits the precise space in the cabinetry recess.

I got a fridge made in the 90s, yeah it’s smallish but it’s quiet as a cloud and doesn’t need a software update. So look up a cheapy used one you can plug in in the garage.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

I got a fridge made in the 90s, yeah it’s smallish but it’s quiet as a cloud and doesn’t need a software update. So look up a cheapy used one you can plug in in the garage.

Not a bad idea. I could probably just ask the neighbor to save a few key things, dump the junk, put the ice in the sink and deal with it later.

Just thinking ahead, anyone got advice on a new fridge vis-a-vis brands? I remember hearing Samsung is to be avoided at all costs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

omg give me

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I had a wedding recently and it was like 2 full days of travel, a bunch of effort and money, to get like 5 hours with my friends. It doesn't sound like it's worth it but it's nice to support our loved ones :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Timby posted:

It's pretty clear she had been thinking about it for a while; she said that I deserve someone more emotionally available and openly affectionate.

I think what hurts the most is that she always said, since the day we started dating, that if she ever broke up with me, she'd do it face-to-face. Instead, she did it via a long-winded Facebook message. I was so bothered and wrecked by everything that an old friend of mine called the Dubuque PD to do a wellness check on me.

They loving suck, OP. I am glad you are rid of them.

Whenever a partner ends a relationship and their reason is something about how you deserve better, they are full of poo poo. It's a crap version of "it's not you, it's me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uAj4wBIU-8

The fact that they didn't have the decency to break up in person is just further evidence of their poopy character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean, there's no real good way to break up with and there's certainly meaner things to say than "it's not you it's me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlSkPA60ujQ&t=141s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I had a wedding recently and it was like 2 full days of travel, a bunch of effort and money, to get like 5 hours with my friends. It doesn't sound like it's worth it but it's nice to support our loved ones :)

Oh for sure. Just add in needing a new windscreen and my wallets taken a bashing it doesn't need with cost of living going through the roof.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Oh for sure. Just add in needing a new windscreen and my wallets taken a bashing it doesn't need with cost of living going through the roof.

Yeah, those five hours I invested with my friends at the wedding sure did cost a lot. I hear ya.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Weddings man. Im happy for people an all but the whole covid thing ended up making a backlog.

I have 4 this year alone to attend. 3 of them I'm either best man or a groomsman. I'm honoured but that's 3 sets of suit or suit adjacent clothes, 4 gifts, 4 places I gotta get accommodation for.

I think I'm out nearly 2k for my brothers wedding alone on clothes, accom, bucks party etc.

This just sounds like me from 26 to about 32. I feel like I had anywhere from 2-5 weddings to go to every year. I had weddings on back to back days once. I didn’t last long for the second one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol I ate a twitter suspension for a very tepid joke about Joe Manchin and black lung. Considering they’re very fine with an infinite flow of nazi bullshit I just took it as a sign to sever permanently.

Social media is the loving worst.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Just thinking ahead, anyone got advice on a new fridge vis-a-vis brands? I remember hearing Samsung is to be avoided at all costs.

I sold appliances for like 5yrs out of college but I’ve been out of the game awhile (~14yrs). In my experience, keeping the gadgets and gimmicks to a minimum is the key.

Samsung was probably the worst and had all kinds of problems but it was because they had flexible cooling options, zones, multiple compressors.

Avoid any of the French door styles that do ice through the door. They were bad when I was selling them (it was pretty new tech), but my parents have had a Kenmore and an LG give them all kinds of problems. You’re creating new points of failure by trying to make and dispense ice within the refrigerator compartment instead of keeping it simple.

I’ve had two French doors with water dispensers inside (a kitchenaid and a whirlpool gold currently) and both have been rock solid. Few things to break, super functional.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I have an LG, French doors w ice. 5 years old now, the one issue was the ice rotor and motor freezing over once. Chipped it away with an icepick, works fine now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Conservatives are the biggest loving snowflakes and run to the mods the moment they feel slighted.

It happens here, as well. Saying republican goons should die in a fire will get you probated in some forums.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

Conservatives are the biggest loving snowflakes and run to the mods the moment they feel slighted.

It happens here, as well. Saying republican goons should die in a fire will get you probated in some forums.

Man there has to be very few republican goons left. I'm assuming they hang out in TFR/GIP and AI or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1551647256385916930?s=21&t=OeZrYTy2fF4LICkiLBiFQA

If I saw a bishop with a million dollars of jewelry getting robbed I’d laugh my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1551647256385916930?s=21&t=OeZrYTy2fF4LICkiLBiFQA

If I saw a bishop with a million dollars of jewelry getting robbed I’d laugh my rear end off.

Good. Vows of poverty and all that ...